• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Kambo/Sapo/Venom of Phyllomedusa bicolor administration

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
The traditional way to take the excretions of this jungle frog for the purposes of purging the body is by making superficial burns on the skin and then applying the ointment.

If it works by this method, would it also be effective applied to the nasal passages?

The traditional way to take the excretions of this jungle frog for the purposes of purging the body is by making superficial burns on the skin and then applying the ointment.

If it works by this method, would it also be effective applied to the nasal passages?

I assume yes

Maybe, frog venom is kind of hard to administer. I would imagine e.g. burns and the like would be a form of crude subcutenatious injection.

The hazards would seem to outweigh the benefits in this case, particularly given the lack of activity of these compounds/peptides when administered orally or via mucous membrane contact.

Aside from the risk of bacterial septicaemia if administered in the 'traditional' fashion (or by some form of injection), po or mucosal ROA's can still carry the risk of nasty zoonotic pathogens like salmonella, or an exotic zoonotic ID such as leptospirosis. While somewhat rare, leptrospirosis is difficult to diagnose and treat (spirochetes are particularly loathsome to me having seen their handy-work).

Moral of the story; don't fuck with frogs.

^ welllllll

I just tried a tiny bit of venom nasally, and WOW. One deep nasal application was much stronger (and longer lasting) than a burn application. Just for the info. :D