• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Job interview.. something to take the edge off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetamine

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

Got a job interviewing coming up soon which is infront of a panel of people, so it's slightly daunting.

Just wondering what anyone would suggest? Have access to most things. Used to take diazepam now and again, and that calmed me down a fair bit, but that's as far as my benzo use goes.

Not going to use any stims, they just make me too anxious these days.

Thanks in advance :):):)

Last edited:
I have social anxiety disorder. So when I have to speak in front of people I don't know, like a job interview I usually take a small dose of my Xanax. 0.5mg is enough to help with the anxiety but not enough to mess you up.

I have social anxiety disorder. So when I have to speak in front of people I don't know, like a job interview I usually take a small dose of my Xanax. 0.5mg is enough to help with the anxiety but not enough to mess you up.

Yeah I've been looking at Xanax. Seems to be alot of mixed reviews about it, how would you compare it to diazepam in an interview situation?

(I also have a slight social anxiety disorder aswell).

yeah ive had many interveiws recently and i always take a low dose benzo preferbly one that isnt too sedating or hypnotic and maybe mix with a cup of coffee, really works lets me be myself without my nerves taking over and ruining any chance of getting the job, its a nice feeling being able to walk in and not feel scared/nervous but actually kind of excited

pick your poison
any benzo will def help you out just dont get over anxious and take a shitload of any benzo because either you can A. black out and wontt remember anything or B. be tripping all over the place that you make a complete ass out of yourself
by no means use any stims itll intensify your anxiety ten fold
valium is good i find between 2-5mg an hr or 2 prior to anything important is more than enough to take the edge off
seeing that you have no other benzo exp it wouldnt be in your best interest to start experimenting before something that important
stick to what you know in other words
goodluck and hope you get the job bud

*misfire if you have time to exp other benzos have at it see what works preferably you can find something not to sedating that wont give you that drunk feeling lol best of luck
ps xanax is a good choice but keep in mind its hard hitting so dont take it right before you walk into the interview maybe an hr before

Last edited:
Consider a practice run on whatever benzo and dose you choose. Like do a mock interview with yourself to make sure you're not zonked out.

Piracetam is quite good, although you should start taking it one week before to have some effects.

Take 1mg of klonopin 2 hours before the interview. That will probably give you best result imo. But if that's not available .5 xanax a hour before will be almost as good.

0.5mg Etizolam or Xanax does the trick for me. It kills enough anxiety and is not too sedative.

I vote phenibut for this situation. It'll give you the anxiolysis of benzo's but you'll feel confident as fuck. Testing a dose in the days prior to the interview is paramount though.

A small dose of benzo now for me. But before that it would be Hydro/Oxycodone, would kill ih the interviews and get the job..be able to crack jokes, make small talk, bullshit. But now that i'm on Subs I imagine taking a couple benzos(gotta tolerance) would help me.

I know it's not a benzo but GHB. In low doses it's not sedating at all - it actually has a mild stimulant effect.

Honestly doing it sober is the best way for a whole gamut of reasons. Maybe some green tea. I guess only you know how substances affect you (assuming you're not going to take something which you haven't taken before). I don't think drugs would increase the quality of your representation anyway. in fact, they have more potential for making you come off wrong. Lots of substances make people think they're doing something well, whereas in fact they're screwing up. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.