• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV Doxylamine Succinate

I used to get diphenhydramine in injectable vials. Used it to dissolve my dope, it added to the rush. And it had a weird rush of it's own. It was sort of like a dope rush but without the pleasurable bits, but not unpleasuarble, just the fact of being a rush, if that makes sense. And with opiates, it enhanced the rush somethign fierce, but it made the high shittier, just stort of a body stone and sedation rather than that all's right with the world euphoria you get from good brown.

I used to get diphenhydramine in injectable vials. Used it to dissolve my dope, it added to the rush. And it had a weird rush of it's own. It was sort of like a dope rush but without the pleasurable bits, but not unpleasuarble, just the fact of being a rush, if that makes sense. And with opiates, it enhanced the rush somethign fierce, but it made the high shittier, just stort of a body stone and sedation rather than that all's right with the world euphoria you get from good brown.

Yeah, I don't always like combining antihistamines with buprenorphine, just some times (typically when I want to get sleep, or anxiety relief, or just to relax).

What I mean is that the effects of injecting Doxylamine Succinate will not be similar to injecting other antihistamines that have a pleasurable effect and/or rush when shot.

Example: Cyclizine, Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Hydroxyzine, Phenindamine, Tripellenamine and possibly Orphenadrine have such effects.

Others have no effect, no positive effect, or outright negative effects when IV'd- these include Brompheniramine, Chlorpheneriamine, Clemastine, Doxylamine, Meclizine, Buclizine, Loratidine, etc.

How much better is the BA for snorting it?? IT must be a massive differance if you only need a couple mgs to knock you out, If u have BA numbers that would be great. What it said about not giving it to dogs or cats might not just of been because it was IV, i've read doxylamine is toxic to dogs. I've mixed it in with hyrdomorphone b4 but it just made it more sedating as far as I can remember

What I mean is that the effects of injecting Doxylamine Succinate will not be similar to injecting other antihistamines that have a pleasurable effect and/or rush when shot.

Example: Cyclizine, Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Hydroxyzine, Phenindamine, Tripellenamine and possibly Orphenadrine have such effects.

Others have no effect, no positive effect, or outright negative effects when IV'd- these include Brompheniramine, Chlorpheneriamine, Clemastine, Doxylamine, Meclizine, Buclizine, Loratidine, etc.

I wonder why this is Tchort? Are there subjective reports of this indicating just that?

Piperazine derivatives said:
Buclizine • Cetirizine • Chlorcyclizine • Cinnarizine • Cyclizine • Hydroxyzine • Levocetirizine • Meclizine • Niaprazine • Oxatomide

Aminoalkyl ethers said:
Bromazine/Bromodiphenhydramine • Carbinoxamine • Clemastine • Chlorphenoxamine • Diphenylpyraline • Diphenhydramine • Doxylamine • Orphenadrine • Phenyltoloxamine

It appears that the "no reactions/no + reactions/ only negative reactions" to certain IV antihistamines isn't limited by a specific family/families of antihistamines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histamine_antagonist

How much better is the BA for snorting it?? IT must be a massive differance if you only need a couple mgs to knock you out, If u have BA numbers that would be great. What it said about not giving it to dogs or cats might not just of been because it was IV, i've read doxylamine is toxic to dogs. I've mixed it in with hyrdomorphone b4 but it just made it more sedating as far as I can remember
Doxylamine succinate

oral - 28.5%
snorted - 70%

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=4716833#post4716833

doesnt sound fun

are u going to inject a high dose?

doxylamine succinate is an antihistamine/anticholinergic. high doses are unlikely to give u a "super sleeping drug", intead it will induce a drowsy yet restless and unpleasant delirium. it will probably be like diphenhydramine delirium... i have experienced the diphenhydramine delirium before and it is unpleasant, anticholinergics have essentially no "likeability". it will probably be less unpleasant than diphenhydramine though since it is more sedating.

diphenhydramine has the same pharmacology as doxylamine

are u going to inject a high dose?

I'm probably not going to inject it at all as of right now, but if I was going to do so, I would definitely not jump into it with a high dose. I wouldn't use more than 1mg for the first shot if I was going to try this out (which is not the best idea IMO).

Why do you feel the need to inject it? You said you'd like to use it for a) passing out and b) aborting a trip. Well, for a) why not ingest it and wait a bit longer than you would need to with an IV bolus of doxylamine? And for b) I definitely don't think this is possible. Are you able to IV when you're tripping (especially during a bad trip)? No offence but for quite a long time I've suspected you have somewhat of a needle fixation (unless I'm confusing you with Jasoncrest - you're both quite similar in posting style). I hope you don't take offence by my comments CH.

I dont quite understand this thread???......

...what is the point of IV'ing an antihistamine???

does it get you "high" so to speak???

does it potentiate benzo's or opiates???

is it for a sleep aid????

....I just dont understand

After I had started IVing for a while I found it hard 2 take anything orally again because it seemed a needle made everything better n faster. But I think CH has a much more in depth reason for all this research other than a needle fixation, tho I'm sure it's gotta b part of it (based upon personal xp)

I can't find the old IV Buprenorphine + Anti-Histamine Megathread? There was more about it in there.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=429458

Without divulging too much, the old IV Buprenorphine + Antihistamines thread is long gone, never to be seen again. (Unless, somehow, someone stored a copy of it, or it got web-cached somewhere and we aren't looking into that?)

Any information in that thread is unreachable, sorry Tchort. Thanks for the first thread; I am looking into it.

Well, for a) why not ingest it and wait a bit longer than you would need to with an IV bolus of doxylamine?
Doxylamine has a horrible oral BA, at the very least, I would make a nasal spray solution.

The downside to oral antihistamines for sleeping IMO, is that it takes a while for them to start peaking.

And for b) I definitely don't think this is possible. Are you able to IV when you're tripping (especially during a bad trip)? No offence but for quite a long time I've suspected you have somewhat of a needle fixation (unless I'm confusing you with Jasoncrest - you're both quite similar in posting style). I hope you don't take offence by my comments CH.

I know I can, I've done it more times than I can count (on mushrooms, LSD, ketamine, etc.). I haven't actually tripped in a long time.

I don't think many people with a needle fixation preferred snorting powder heroin over IVing it though. I don't take any offense by it though.

I dont quite understand this thread???......

...what is the point of IV'ing an antihistamine???

does it get you "high" so to speak???

does it potentiate benzo's or opiates???

is it for a sleep aid????

....I just dont understand

Do some searching, I think most of your questions could be a "yes" for the people who do this with hydroxyzine.

After I had started IVing for a while I found it hard 2 take anything orally again because it seemed a needle made everything better n faster. But I think CH has a much more in depth reason for all this research other than a needle fixation, tho I'm sure it's gotta b part of it (based upon personal xp)

Thanks DirtyJerz!

When I have used hydroxyzine orally, I tend to have a somewhat hungover-sleep after-effect in the morning (not unlike benadryl or doxylamine when taken orally as well). When I tried IVing hydroxyzine (after micron filtering) in dosages that were much lower (2 mg to 5mg max) the effects were more ideal, and there were essentially no hangover effects. There was a mild "rush" that was pretty immediate. It isn't like rushing on opiates at all, it is just somewhat relaxing/anxiolytic in nature. It is very short lived, but the overall effects do last a while (I haven't done it recently so I don't want to name how long, but it was in the hours not minutes).

Last edited:
If you take into consideration that micron filters would be used (on my end), and the fact that doxylamine succinate is soluble in water up to 1g/ml, what's the problem?

It is obviously going to have the same pH problem that hydroxyzine does; though I would need a drastically lower dosage of doxylamine, indicating it'll be less of a problem for me.

Why wouldn't you just order Doxylamine powder? :\

"Buprenorphine + Antihistamines"........what does the combination of the two do to you?

Ive tried searching for the answer allready so dont just push me to the side and say "Use the search function!!!".......Im a buprenorphine user and think it would benefit me to know the interaction here.....dammit!

"Buprenorphine + Antihistamines"........what does the combination of the two do to you?

Ive tried searching for the answer allready so dont just push me to the side and say "Use the search function!!!".......Im a buprenorphine user and think it would benefit me to know the interaction here.....dammit!

Well, buprenorphine's effects vary widely individual to individual, so I'll say what it does for me.

Buprenorphine by itself, when I IV 30mcg, I am pretty stimulated/high from it. It takes a little bit to kick in but it works well. Antihistamines, on the other hand, are more sedating. When I used to combine 5mg of hydroxyzine with buprenorphine, the hydroxyzine would kick in first, and it would make buprenorphine more sedating/relaxing.

Some people get more of a rush with antihistamines in the shot. Others don't. Read up on the link Tchort posted.

so you would have found this thread, right?

IV Buprenorphine/Antihistamine FAQ v. Back From The Dead

this thread is talking about IV doxylamine specifically.

N/p CH I feel ya on that lol & agree that hydroxizine (specifically hyd pamoate 50mg in my case) always made me extremely groggy once I woke up like 14hrs later, and I nvr xp'd with AH's potentiating my opiates (guess they were enuff on it's own =] lol ). I am shocked however 2 hear you get a stimulated high on bupe, aren't you on SMT? I got a stimulated semi-high off my bupe for the first few weeks which dissipated shortly after. I have tried IVing my bupe (in the 1-2mg range) with no real effect. Wuld u say mixing it with an AH wuld possibly bring that "glow" back a little? I assumed that just by potentiating it it would simply create the effect of turning 2mg into 3-4 mg strength (just an example).