• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV Doxylamine Succinate

you're splitting hairs there. wouldn't that be worse for your body seeing as you're preparing the solution from pills initially.

what's so wrong with taking them orally as designed. there's nothing healthy about IV anti-histamines.

What an interesting read!

"there's nothing healthy about IV anti-histamines."
I of course cant really say anything for certain, as i would just about hurl even thinking about IV'ing anything by myself as even through countless surgeries i thought the needles/IV's were actually worse than getting shot. But i just have to ask, you say there is nothing healthy about IV anti-histamines. Again, i could be off here, but what the hell is healthy about IV anything unless given by a professional in a hospital setting? I understand there are different levels of harm reduction, but truth be told there aint a damn thing "healthy" about shooting yourself up with anything i would reckon. Just an observation, just keep seeing people over and over again saying "WHY WOULD YOU IV ANTI-HISTAMINE" when really its kind of a case of different courses for different horses in my opinion. It is all subjective i would believe, as i look at some threads and just think to myself "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU INJECT A FLIPPING PILL?!?!" i think after about the fourth time now captain heroin is probably pretty close to saying because i feel like it? Anyways, no big deal like i said maybe it is perfectly "healthy" to self-administer IV drugs that are not made for IV, but it just seems like a bit of a oxymoron to me.

To get back on pace, i found this very interesting. I do not have any experience with Suboxone, however i had a friend who was on it for a while because he had a hard time coming off of pain medicine. The bastard had about an entire pharmacy's worth of benedryl or diphenhydramine as the generic i believe is called. He always told us that he couldn't quite explain it, but when he took like 6-7 of them on top of whatever dose of the suboxone he was taking that he experienced this some what tranquil, slowed, glowy type sedation. Reading this i guess the guy was on to something.

I also read where you mentioned doxylamine is much better than diphenhydramine for certain things. I do not know much about all the ins/outs of anti-histamines or even how they work in any general sense. But if doxylamine is the same thing as Unisom sleep tablets, then i 100% agree. When i had a ton of sleep issues during my training/camp, i of course did not want to go the route of any hardcore ambien, or xanax type medicine as it would affect my performance. I gave diphenhydramine a good run, and it didnt really do much for me in terms of helping me get to sleep, went up to the pharmacy and they suggested this Unisom, which i believe to be the doxylamine you are talking about, and my goodness, it was like a miracle sleeping pill! Stuff works tremendously well if it is indeed what we are both talking about, interesting read!

you're splitting hairs there. wouldn't that be worse for your body seeing as you're preparing the solution from pills initially.

what's so wrong with taking them orally as designed. there's nothing healthy about IV anti-histamines.

You must have been a troll because you're an ex-BL'er.

Nonetheless, IV antihistamines are more damaging than IM antihistamines; as well, I'm micron filtering, and the solution is clear.

I also have not taken any antihistamines for many months now, and don't plan on using them anymore for the time being.

As to why I would IM hydroxyzine instead of taking it orally? If I only have a few 50mg pills left, and I only need 10% or less of an oral dose for the IM route, why not? :|

I have cold water shot Doxy pills into the ~75mg range. I find it to be weaker than DPH when IV'ed. I can tolerate up to ~125mg DPH to get a good drowsiness going with no other substances in my system.

The reason for shooting AH's, IMO, has to do with 1) Time to peak. 2)Time to baseline. A shot of DPH will get me to sleep in ~20 minutes and leave me refreshed in the morning. An oral dose will take 1+ hour to peak and leave me half asleep staring angrily at my alarm clock.

old thread is old.

don't IV doxylamine, or any antihistamines at all for that matter. There's no point whatsoever. If you, for whatever odd reason, really want to use a stronger ROA for a non-recreational sedative, than plug it, but don't IV it, man, that's just not worth the risks associated with IV use, you might as well be banging Alka Seltzer (that's a joke, DON'T do that).

IVing OTC medications is just beyond stupid!

•there's no rush, or even any recreational "high" to speak of
•It's OTC, which means that you shouldn't be worrying about supply, seeing as you could get a whole bottle of 32 doxylamine pills for less than the price of a pack of cigarettes, and if you run out, you can always go back to the pharmacy, since they aren't drug dealers, and will always have common OTC medications in stock.
•IV use is only "worth it" (It's never worth it to IV ANYTHING, but I'm speaking relatively) when users are addicted/highly tolerant to substances like cocaine, meth, heroin/certain opiates, and other similar drugs. IV and IM use of ketamine is fairly commonplace (moreso with IM) and is "worth it" as well, but IM ketamine users IME have not always been addicts, so I'm categorizing IV ketamine differently than opiates and stimulants.

Rectal administration is the next best thing, with essentially the same bioavailability, although a slightly slower onset, and with many drugs, it has a longer duration that most other ROAs. If you need to take your antihistamines using a strong ROA, simply use rectal, it's the safest ROA aside from oral, with most drugs. If you're not comfortable with that, than micron filtering and IMing would be a similar experience, although less safe. Honestly, if you're IMing or IVing things that don't give you a rush, just plug them.

However, the common characteristic of these drugs is that they are tolerance-building, addictive (aside from DMT), and IVing them is a much higher level of experience (higher enough to accept the risks of IVing), so IVing it does serve a purpose, while IVing OTC sedative antihistamines probably has very little, if any, difference in effect (aside from the higher BA, oral BA for Doxylamine is 30%, and I assume IV is 100% ), nor any significantly faster onset (Doxylamine crosses the BBB very slowly, IVing won't do much to help that), nor any rush, or even any recreational "high".

At this point, I'm actually interested to know why you want to do this in the first place... if you intend to shoot it with heroin (to potentiate), well that's not only a bad idea, but the Doxylamine won't take effect unil you're already an hour or so into the heroin high, and any potentiation is gone to waste...

I'm gonna go back and read the original post, all that^ was simply a response to the thread title lol

Oh, nvm, this thread was from captain heroin's "HEROin Adikkt" days, so it's excusable for him.

Let the above post just be a general PSA for anybody thinking about slamming OTC antihistamines.

Last edited:
I don't IV antihistamines. I occasionally IM hydroxyzine.

No offense man, but that's incredibly reckless, please don't post shit like that here. That's not harm reduction whatsoever, it's the antithesis of it.

swim has had plenty of experience IV'ing doxylamine succinate with heroin, swim assures it's a lovely little kicker. swim has access to Doxylamine Succinate 25 mg's, as chunky white pills. ideally swim would use a wheel filter, and would contend that it is totally safe if one does use a micron filter. swim uses 12.5 mg of doxylamine with his fix. swim lives in a country where the only heroin available is H4, so there is no cooking involved; i'm not sure what heat would do to the doxylamine, of course you don't necessarily cook the two up together.. but as far as safety goes, use a micron filter and dose appropriately (understanding that you are mainlining it), and enjoy a mad fix.

With the equipment available today at needle exchanges, in Australia at least, and with the the type of Heroin we get here - Diacetylmorphine Hydrochloride - it's simple for anyone to prepare an IV solution of Heroin, or of other drugs such as Methamphetamine, Cocaine etc., as clean and safe as something administered in hospital. The availability of Micron filters has made injecting Heroin safer than smoking a cigarette, as far as toxicity goes

Last edited:
What an interesting read!

"there's nothing healthy about IV anti-histamines."
I of course cant really say anything for certain, as i would just about hurl even thinking about IV'ing anything by myself as even through countless surgeries i thought the needles/IV's were actually worse than getting shot. But i just have to ask, you say there is nothing healthy about IV anti-histamines. Again, i could be off here, but what the hell is healthy about IV anything unless given by a professional in a hospital setting? I understand there are different levels of harm reduction, but truth be told there aint a damn thing "healthy" about shooting yourself up with anything i would reckon.

On another note, i enjoy the antihistamine known as Chloropheniramine - it has sari action equal and greater to several antidepressants on market, and can cause hyper locomotion instead of sedation. I am a fan, only problem is 2 hour half life.

Re: Cyclizine (and IV chlorophenramine/Piriton)

What I mean is that the effects of injecting Doxylamine Succinate will not be similar to injecting other antihistamines that have a pleasurable effect and/or rush when shot.

Example: Cyclizine, Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Hydroxyzine, Phenindamine, Tripellenamine and possibly Orphenadrine have such effects.

Others have no effect, no positive effect, or outright negative effects when IV'd- these include Brompheniramine, Chlorpheniramine, Clemastine, Doxylamine, Meclizine, Buclizine, Loratidine, etc.

First of all thanks for the original post, its put me off injecting Doxylamine... If anyone has any further experiences I would be keen to hear how you get on.

I was a bit surprised to see in your list you'd included cyclizine- it's notorious for being quite irritant (at least the IV pre-prepared solution) to veins unless it's really well diluted and given into a large vessel. Other things I've found with cyclizine is that it tends to make people tachycardic and at times makes them confused- not in a way that would appear pleasurable. I might have to give it a go myself just to see! While we're on the topic of injecting antihistamines has anyone tried IV Chlorpheniramine (Piriton) as it comes in an IV preparation as well? I would have though it'd be quite good for smoothing into sleep after a session...

Thanks again guys.

I've not seen it mentioned here so fair warning

You definitely DO NOT want to IV promethazine. If you look through the med journals there are numerous reports of IV promethazine given in hospitals causing all sorts of horrific damage, necrosis, abscess, nerve damage, amputations. Usually this is a result of a miss or accidental intra arterial injection, but has happened with concentrated solutions IV