• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it really possible

Honestly, the reason it is good to have SO many responses is because I was 19 and stupid, and I remember coming on BL and asking an equally absurd question and if only one or two people responded I would generally say, oh those are just the wussies on the site who think everything is too much, I know better! Now having nearly died many times as a result of mixing things I shouldn't have at doses I shouldn't have, and watching a 13 y.o. kid fall out after going to the bathroom at the place I volunteer at (thank God we have a box of naloxone auto-injectors and a crash cart). I just think the more people the better. Because that was about the ONLY time I would change my mind about something stupid I was about to do.

to genuinely sleep for days after a benzo binge? I've been reading about people who take massive doses of benzos recreationally and they post things like "I was fine, I just slept for 3 days". Can you literally sleep for three days after taking a ton of benzos? Don't you have to get up to use the bathroom and shit like that? I have a really high tolerance and I'm planning to take 60mg of clonazepam, is it conceivable that I may sleep for days afterwards? I'm planning to do this with friends on the 1st and I'll be expected to be up and about and generally functional by the 4th. .

In my opinion, I don't think you should try to sleep for days. That's not even fun. I mean, I can relate to benzo addiction/use when you feel relaxed talking to people and enjoy having a good time with them and the anti-stress feelings that might bring.
And of course if you can't sleep properly, why not? Get a prescription, go to a doctor and solve the situation if it's that bad,
otherwise you will just risk yourself, specially if you don't have a tolerance for that.

I would suggest you not to use this dose. As for sleeping for days, sometimes people and depending on the dose people do their needs while sleeping. That's not fun.

I've never taken Klonopin so I had to read up on what the fuss is all about. Personally I need at least 120mg of Restoril to catch a decent buzz - no amnesia, slight loss of coordination, but very "euphoric" in the sense that it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. (yes I have baseline anxiety) That does however only amounts to 1.5mg Klonopin!

Be careful with benzo dosages, keeping in mind that Xanax and Klonopin have huge differences between 0.5mg and 1.0mg - even for people accustomed to benzos!

The closest experience I have ever had was in my early teen years downing 30x 10mg Zolpidem in the course of 18hrs. I slept normally, but was hungover for a whole week. By hungover, I mean extreme rebound anxiety, tiredness, and suicidal ideation. Looking back, I feel lucky I did not kill someone while driving my car!

I don't either, yet for some reason people still abuse benzos. I can understand people abusing them who are trying to repress memories, flashbacks, PTSD etc, but recreational benzo use? I will never understand what exactly is recreational about any of it. Benzos are tools not toys, and should be treated as such.

It's different for those with baseline anxiety, hence the whole controversy about whether benzos are "euphoric". I find that folks with baseline anxiety are much more prone to experience paradoxical effects while ingesting benzos.

I don't mean that benzos cause anxiety, but rather that it acts as a stimulant. When a person with anxiety takes a "recreational" benzo dose - it's stimulating, the world opens up, things that you once thought were impossible tasks are done with great ease! It makes you finally feel like you can think clearly and logically without going into a fit.

Objectively, alcohol allows for much greater "true euphoria" that can be enjoyed by all people. For those with anxiety, like myself, I would much rather have a bottle of Xanax than Oxy. You can't really fully enjoy an opiate if you suffer from anxiety! Anyone here who has similar experiences?

It sucks b/c everytime I come up on some norcos or oxys, I have to ingest a small amount of benzos in order to fully enjoy the opiate bliss. Also the fact that GABA activity will override Mu-Opiate activity - meaning that taking even a tiny bit of benzos will nevertheless noticeably dull the opiate euphoria.

I have severe anxiety and there is absolutely no euphoria from benzodiazepines. Just my $0.02

I don't think that benzodiazepines are "euphoric" necessarily, but I do feel that the feeling of being on them is somewhat enjoyable. What someone considers "recreational" obviously varies from person to person, but generally speaking recreational benzodiazepine usage isn't a very good idea, and taking high doses to chase some illusory high is NEVER a good idea.

Clonazepam is my favorite of the ones I've tried (about 8-10 different drugs in the benzodiazepine family), and taking 60 mgs at once is a horrifying waste of what is, IMO, a great drug. (In addition to the health-related objections that others have made, of course)

PLEASE do not take 60mg klonopln. That is so dangerous.

I am am prescribed a benzo for panic attacks...I've never experienced euphoria on benzos (Xanax, Klonopin). I've never used recreationally, however.

I have panic disorder. I take benzos when I fly off the handle, and to sleep at night (my anxiety and OCD keeps me awake with weird thoughts). I don't hang on to them myself because I will take them at the slightest little nudge of anxiety which is not how I want it to be. The person that holds them for me knows my warning signs when I am about to have an extreme panic attack and will administer them to me .5mg of xanax at a time. When nightime comes I take my nightime dose. Most of the time I don't need any of the emergency doses.

But anyways that gets the thread of topic. To speedballs over. It is good to have a lot of posts. There are many people here that can humanize the clinical HR advice. I for one have taken 400mg of valium and know how bad it gets, so I posted my experience. Mad Dash makes a very good point in saying that if only two people post not to do it, it may seem okay still. If there is overwhelming opposition to what the OP is trying to do, just maybe one of the posts will really resonate with her and make her think a little more, and really take an inventory of her life and question why she thought it was a good idea in the first place.

To OP. Above all else, be careful. You are young and wild...just like I was. I have health problems now because of my use. Benzo abuse and opiate abuse has affected my short term memory fairly bad. I have liver damage, and my mental health problems have gotten worse. Just keep that in mind if you want to continue using in this way.

Yeah, I fucked up my with my post. Was just irritated at the ridiculousness of OPs plan.

You guys are right though, a few bad answers and bad things happen.

More replies the better. My bad.

I have panic disorder. I take benzos when I fly off the handle, and to sleep at night (my anxiety and OCD keeps me awake with weird thoughts). I don't hang on to them myself because I will take them at the slightest little nudge of anxiety which is not how I want it to be. The person that holds them for me knows my warning signs when I am about to have an extreme panic attack and will administer them to me .5mg of xanax at a time. When nightime comes I take my nightime dose. Most of the time I don't need any of the emergency doses.

But anyways that gets the thread of topic. To speedballs over. It is good to have a lot of posts. There are many people here that can humanize the clinical HR advice. I for one have taken 400mg of valium and know how bad it gets, so I posted my experience. Mad Dash makes a very good point in saying that if only two people post not to do it, it may seem okay still. If there is overwhelming opposition to what the OP is trying to do, just maybe one of the posts will really resonate with her and make her think a little more, and really take an inventory of her life and question why she thought it was a good idea in the first place.

To OP. Above all else, be careful. You are young and wild...just like I was. I have health problems now because of my use. Benzo abuse and opiate abuse has affected my short term memory fairly bad. I have liver damage, and my mental health problems have gotten worse. Just keep that in mind if you want to continue using in this way.

VERY well said, and one of the most important steps in AA, Step #4. Did you even know that AA says the same thing about "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves?" or did you just like on your own come up with that? Because if you did, that has to be evidence that there really is something to the 12 steps, even people not going to AA or knowing any of the steps will use similar methods to take care of their own and others substance related issues.

I knew it from AA, and indeed it works. I still go every once in awhile because I need the comfort and support of fellow addicts. Especially when it comes to taking that inventory and being honest about it. There are a lot of things that have happened to me or that I have done that I really needed to see put out on paper to start coming to grips with them, and knowing what my role in them was. I also believe that in order to free yourself from the intense guilt and self loathing that you need to make amends. Above all else though is helping other addicts (step twelve). Giving someone else hope gives me hope and keeps me firmly planted in my recovery. Recovery is the most important thing for me right now. Abstinence is good, but without some sort of recovery program in place I wouldn't have achieved any form of real sobriety.

It is HIGHLY likely to sleep for 3 days straight on enough benzos because I've done it before. Your body systems (like digestive, hunger, etc) basically goes into hibernation mode and it is highly likely. Not recommended. A lot can happen in 3 days that you may not want to miss. And you'll feel like crap when you wake up and very confused bc you lost 3 days. And no you did not go through a time warp.

I knew it from AA, and indeed it works. I still go every once in awhile because I need the comfort and support of fellow addicts. Especially when it comes to taking that inventory and being honest about it. There are a lot of things that have happened to me or that I have done that I really needed to see put out on paper to start coming to grips with them, and knowing what my role in them was. I also believe that in order to free yourself from the intense guilt and self loathing that you need to make amends. Above all else though is helping other addicts (step twelve). Giving someone else hope gives me hope and keeps me firmly planted in my recovery. Recovery is the most important thing for me right now. Abstinence is good, but without some sort of recovery program in place I wouldn't have achieved any form of real sobriety.

I could not have said it better my self. You are a great member on this site, I always enjoy reading your posts. Sorry for going off topic everybody!