• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Interesting read for all nootropic importers...

Found this on erowid

Australia #
Piracetam (Nootropil) is currently available for sale in Australia only by prescription, but may be imported legally for personal use amounts (up to '3 months supply'). As of May 1, 2007, Piracetam will be placed in Schedule 4, requiring that importation for personal use will also require a prescription.

then has a link to this

May 1 2007: On May 1, 2007, Piracetam becomes a Schedule 4 drug and requires a prescription to purchase and import, importation of personal use amounts will no longer be allowed without a prescription.
source: http://www.erowid.org/smarts/piracetam/piracetam_law1.shtml

I am yet to have any troubles with the importation of piracetam. I have also not seen an addition of piracetam on the schedule 4 list for 2009. As a result, I am yet to see a problem with it.

^ Look again. I have the Poisons Standard 2008 in front of me and piracetam is in Schedule 4. You may not have troubles importing it but Customs could cause a headache for you if they really wanted to.

Aniracetam is not listed in the Poisons Standard however.

^ Ah OK, here is the problem; you are looking at the NSW Scheduling list. I am looking at the Department of Health & Aging/Therapeutic Goods Administration Poisons Standard 2008. If you have access to that, it's on page 130.

When importing substances, federal laws and schedules take precedent.

How about a screen capture? I don't know where it is online, I tried searching and couldn't find it. I had to email the department to get mine.

Cover page:

NSFW:
Poisons_Cover.jpg

Piracetam:

NSFW:
Poisons_Piracetam.jpg

yeah okay, would be great. I posted a thread on this issue a few weeks back as there seems to be a lot of confusion as to its legal status. Especially since I have been importing it in recent months with ease despite the package being opened by customs for inspection etc.

I have found piracetam really useful so it would be a shame to have it banned.

^ See post above yours.

Yeah, I remember that thread... either Customs is not aware of the scheduling or they have better things to confiscate then nootropics.

I hope that's the case. I will most probably continue to try and import for as long as they keep allowing it through.

I wonder what their justification is for such a scheduling? Do they perceive there to be many health risks from such a substance? It seems doubtful. Maybe it's to do with it being misused for the potentiation of illicit substances etc.

Hmmm I just had a read up on these pharms on erowid and I think I will look into getting myself some, I have been smashing pills for the last few months now and I feel my brain is slowing down a whole lot... If I start using these and stop my drug use I think I will be able to cope a lot better with my degrees and hopefully get high marks.

He|ix said:
I wonder what their justification is for such a scheduling? Do they perceive there to be many health risks from such a substance? It seems doubtful. Maybe it's to do with it being misused for the potentiation of illicit substances etc.

Or the government just doesn't like people altering their minds without proper approval. :\

So what would people suggest as being the best smart drug to get??? I'm about to do a pretty hard double degree and also learn a second language so I would be keen to find out peoples experiences with these that have been in a similar situation to me...

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing as mushi. What is the most affordable, most effective nootropic you can get?

^^ I would have said piracetam. It's definitely the most affordable. It looks like there is the possibility of having it seized now though :( I might try out aniracetam and oxiracetam later this year and will report back on them then. Worth taking choline suppliments at the same time.

There's a few threads lurking about the place on nootropics so it might be worth a minute searching. I know nanobrain has used them for over a decade - it was reading a thread on here about 5 years ago that prompted me to try some =D

Edit: Oooh sulbutiamine looks interesting... might have to read up on that one too.

Last edited:
I've been using piracetam for a couple of weeks now, 2g twice daily for the first week now down to 1g twice daily... There's certainly no blinding, snap realisations that I'm incredibly smart, but I've noticed that I remember things a lot batter and I have more energy for study, concentration is easier and I can go for longer before needing to take a rbeak.

Also, I've been getting fucking intense dreams,b ut that might be unrelated.

Do you think Piracetam would be legal to buy in Hong Kong???

If so I would most likely be able to carry it back as long as I declared it wouldn't I... Somebody was telling me you can bring some prescription medicines back just as long as you declare them at customs.

Piracetam is uncontrolled in almost every jurisdiction, except now obviously Australia.