• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it, thanks Poly :)
So it won't cross the BBB?

Thanks for this one btw ;)

But I don't think I'd try it, it's pure Cholinergic activity, a no go for me :)

Maybee zis iz bether?

Or even zis ouane my dear acolyte:

Last edited:
Got it, thanks Poly :)
So it won't cross the BBB?

I think if you have a small enough quaternary ammonium molecule, or one that's actively transported through membranes, it can cross the BBB in some situations. But usually quat compounds won't.

And what do you guys think of my PEW PILLS,, good 4-FA replacement?

60mg FACAP

And
20mg TWO BEE ONE

personally, I find alpha-substitutions on cathinones that are not linear alkanes to be strange... yes they are active but it screams "long duration" to me

I don't know how long the half life of naphyrone would be but almost certainly the alpha- cycloalkyl (cyclopentyl/cyclohexyl) analogs would have even longer half life and higher logP.

v6FMz72.png

presumably an analog of fentanyl

PPAFENTANYL

personally, I find alpha-substitutions on cathinones that are not linear alkanes to be strange... yes they are active but it screams "long duration" to me

I don't know how long the half life of naphyrone would be but almost certainly the alpha- cycloalkyl (cyclopentyl/cyclohexyl) analogs would have even longer half life and higher logP.
That's not persee bad as I think FACAP will have quite a longer duration than 4-FA which means a pill will get you trough the whole night :)

Maybe exchanging the pyridine for a piperidine will shorten half-life, or at least make it smoother? Look up a-PCYP, it doesn't seem to have a longer half life than the other a-PxP.

And in my experience length of half-life is greatly depending on setting, consumptions and ROA. Smoked Ephylone had a half-life of 20minutes up to an hour before subsiding with vasoconsfriction lasting up to 2 hours, IV a bit longer and snorting having a totally different feeling to it, almost incapacitating, whereas Eutylone I prefer snorting. Hexen was much more euphoric with a smoother rush snorted than IVd but IVing had a more spaced-out high, duration was the same. So what I'm trying to say is, can't know without some experiencing ^^. From day to day same package ritalin has totally different effects for me; the only drugs that kept the same until breaching psychosis or tolerance issues were real amphetamine speed and hash before I started using stimulants, as hash now has a totally different effect on me.

And whem will China start pushing this:

Alpha-(M)Ethylamine-Iso(Hexyl?)pentyl-Phenyl-1-One

The Ethylamine one has as strong Norepinephrine as Dopa but a stronger ppbility for both of them than the methyl with 2x the known actives for dopa/ne

Edit: Thanks for Merging.

Viable Precursor?

Aand a Naphtalene group on PCPy seems more active with a methylmethylpentane than a cyclohexane. Interesting :) :

Must be quite euphoric given the Ser/dopa ratio

Last edited:
v6FMz72.png

presumably an analog of fentanyl

Well, closely related compounds are VERY potent opioids. I think that an N-benzyl works here and a methyl side-chain (chiral) increases duration & potency. I mean, N-benzyls are removed by the body too fast.

^ the benzyl compounds are nociceptin agonist in addition to potent mu-agonist. Nociceptin agonists are dysphoric iirc!! The most potent among these compound Brorphine (ie the 2-bromobenzyl) has (is having ) a pretty bad review from I gather. Not sure about the phenethyl.

Assuming the SAR is that of fentanyl, benzyl substituents should be massively less active than 2-phenylethyl.
And curiously, brorphine technically does have a phenethyl group, just 1-phenylethyl instead of 2-phenylethyl. Alpha-phenethyl rather than beta- if that nomenclature gets your fancy. It actually adds a chiral center too.

I just wonder how close a conformationally restricted urea (as it seems) compares to a propionamide. Maybe going from a benzimidazolone to an oxindole would change things for the better? Or if the usual tricks to enhancing fentanyl's affinity like 3-methylation, beta'-hydroxylation, 4-carboxymethyl, etc. do anything useful.
bTo7CKq.png

Work out the isomers, otherwhile it's a fentanyl that keeps you breathing..

No nociceptin, and given its H1 a activity might just be used as a tofu fent

Hey Gaffy, if you right click the image on the Imgur page and "Copy image address", then click on "Insert image" in the Bluelight posting toolbar and paste the URL, you should be able to insert these images without having a huge banner around them. For example, here is the image from your latest post:

wyAp0Ql.jpg

I tried but it doesn't work using this mobile phone.. I ordered a screen for my PC but the postal package distribution center is closed, I've been waiting on a predator's parcel for 3 weeks because of that!

Someone should get Gaffy set up with Autodock so he starts being more compliant with SAR rules. ;)

For instance, I know for a fact that such bulky substrates don't bind well at DAT: as far as I know you want a 4' position substitution like a biphenyl rather than a 2' position subtitution like you drew. There is a bit of leeway though - I was suprised to learn the chromium carbonyl pi-stacked compound of one of the RTIs actually has better affinity than the parent.

Cool 3d model:
ojYmiiu.png

217px-Singh_39q.svg.png

180px-Cocaine_analog_Tamiz_18.svg.png

Both of these analogs are less potent at DAT than cocaine is, IIRC. But some analogs with more flexible linkers are better though:
264px-Phenyltropane_carroll_8.svg.png

(this is all from ACTUAL binding data, not STP - I am indebted to the hard work of Nagelfar for the almost too-comprehensive wiki page on phenyltropanes & their affinities. One would do well studying the data there before coming up with new ideas for DAT substrates.)

Last edited:
^thank you sekio, I also started a list of methylphenidate analogs, though no where near as rich in showing how slight changes can greatly alter binding affinity. My strictly cocaine analog page has C1 substitutions that I've yet to see made on phenyltropanes which add binding affinity too.

I wish I could host the picture. It is somewhere on commons.m.wikimedia.org File:1-phenylcocaine.svg

Last edited:
I will visit it this afternoon, seems interesting! As for the phenyl=>phenyl-cyclohexyl-2 it is sometimes a better option than phenyl-cyclohexyl-1, in the case of the previous compound for exemple, according to the untrustable STP prediction of receptor binding probabilities ;) Which isn't always the case, like with PEA PC1 substitutions, here in the case of PC1ethylalphamethylmethylamine, PC1 sub of Meth

As for the PC2 amphetamine it has a lot of dopa with lesser activity at other receptors vs the PC1 which maintains other activity, according to the untrustable STP predictions ;). (But you can trust Gaffy)

I would like to add that ring-substititions of the phenyl on these PCs seems to make them almost inactive, maybe substitutions makes these bulky compounds "too" bulky? ^^
Nagelfar, would you mind if I asked you to add this one to your methylphenidate analogs?

I would like to add that ring-substititions of the phenyl on these PCs seems to make them almost inactive, maybe substitutions makes these bulky compounds "too" bulky? ^^

Last edited:
If I were a betting man, I would say that N-methyl-1-(1-phenylcyclohexyl)propan-2-amine and relatives would be poorly active as dissociatives or as stimulants. Sorry Gaffy, nothing personal, but almost every structure you post makes me roll my eyes. The monkeys-at-typewriters approach might yield something eventually but it's not my preferred school of thought.

Curiously enough it overlays with a structure that is an isomer of PCP plus a methylene linker. Sort of reminds me of desoxypipradol, so there is still some hope for it having activity. The wacky high LogP and single heteroatom (no metabolic handles) would suggest a compound of rather long duration.

N05neMs.png

I have to wonder how STP works... does it actually do 3d modelling behind the scenes or is it predicting binding off of strictly 2d structures? Maybe I will have to play with feeding chiral compounds into it and see what changes, if anything. I have a bad feeling that it is a simple machine learning type thing that takes a SMILES/2D structure and matches similarity versus certain known standard compounds. This would explain why it says (by homology) on some results. Maybe it's doing prinicpal component analysis or something?

If you want a concerning demonstration on how STP is not as accurate as you'd like, loperamide seems to be a scaffold that it has a very hard time with. Lope itself is correctly identified as a mu-ligand, and as I understand it it is reasonably selective for that receptor. Now for some reason, STP says that it binds at 5-HT2b, Histamine H2, Adrenergic beta, SERT, Adrenergic alpha-1a, mu opioid, Dopamine D3, delta opioid, kappa opioid, sigma opioid, CYP2D6, tyrosine kinase TIE-2, Adrenergic alpha-2a, Adrenergic alpha-2b, Dopamine D4, Histamine H1, and Histamine H3, all with very high probability. Last I checked that's 16 extra targets predicted that don't actually factor into loperamide's activity at all.

Doing things like adding a 3-methyl (on the piperidine), or swapping dimethylamide to pyrrolidine amide, or substituting the para-chlorine for another halogen or a methoxy, all things that should result in moderate changes in affinity at mu but very little else, don't help either. It just makes things even weirder.

This all seems to point to STP not doing anything too fancy and certainly not doing any actual modelling or docking simulations.

Nagelfar, would you mind if I asked you to add this one to your methylphenidate analogs?

I think you'd need to track down a paper where it was synthesized and tested before it gets an official entry. I don't like putting words in other people's mouth - but if you look at the carefully curated pages Nagelfar's assembled, they are all backed by peer-reviewed data. (You will notice a definite lack of any STP guesstimates there!) That is, the compounds have actually been made and tested and had their binding affinities measured. That's part of why I find it so impressive and useful.

Or it could just make the compounds different enough from a structural standpoint, decreasing the quality of matches to known actives, and reducing the probability thusly.

Last edited:
145px-Cocaine_analog_73_-_TRODAT-1.svg.png

Technetium? In my cocaine? It's more likely than you think.

Also, does anyone know about the pharmacology of GHB-amide? Presumably, it would be metabolically converted to GHB, but does it also have activity on its own?
I know the cyclic lactam is not anywhere near GBL in activity, as I have never hard of anyone abusing pyrrolidinone.
CzhOwWp.png

And Gaffy - this compound below is known in the literature, and looks similar to your doodles, but unfortunately has a >5000 nM DAT Ki. In other words, maybe blazeocaine is not so hot after all.
136px-MPH376analog.svg.png

Last edited:
Yeah, that one sucks.. As for Blæzøcaine, as you write it, Who knows ^^ It should be freezing cold by the way, that's what I designed it for. Give it a try, a small scale synth, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself just by doing it :) .
Either way, here are some NMDA/Mu/DA spulletjes as I like to say in dutch.

Them stats I keep bringing out.. Won't last
As for the mechanism of STP, go guess ;) Anyway, show me the way to Autodock! Is it available on Android?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.