• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How to Store drugs that you will be keeping for extended durations

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Its a too often asked question i see

Firstly Most if not all drugs maintain their potency especially if correctly stored.

a good 99% of drugs can be stored for a LONG time again, if stored right - the longest stored narcotics i have are my amphetamine pills which i've collected over 7 years and are still like new when i use them.

The best place to store any drug, is in a Cool Dark place. it's important to note storing somthing in a cool place is to prevent heat from deteriorating the drug while dark is because exposure to sunlight can also do the same and most drugs are effected in this manner.

Air tight container. this is self explanatory.

Moisture is a big issue that can make drugs go bad so for example, when i buy a large amount of cocaine to last me 2 months at a time i need to ensure this checklist is checked, and ALL of my drugs that are going to be put away are kept with RICE. no, don't put rice into your cocaine, put your pills / cocaine / whatever inside be it pill container / bag and then put them into the air tight container you plan on keeping them in, inside this container is where you would put Rice to keep moisture at bay.

somthing very important about moisture however is also to keep in mind gels/liquid pills should not be kept without being inside a proper pill container with rice
some pills have a moisture content in them that CAN be effected by this method of storing but if you have to choose between keeping the drugs good or RISKING because its not a given 100% chance that because you keep rice with your drugs any sort of changes will happen that said the choice between bad drugs/ slight loss of potency n good to go ones is an easy pick.

while this post may seem obvious, it is appearent to me it is not for everyone and thats fine now you know.
this should really be a sticky..

~ zonxx

lastly make sure you don't get hungry and mistake your medications or drugs for the rice and end up cooking n eating them (jokes but lol.)

I had a large amount of mushrooms I had picked (and dried) and I felt sketchy about keeping a huge amount of class A drugs in my house a few years back.

So I bought a medium sized plastic storage box and put the dried mushrooms in large zip lock bags and then filled the rest of the space all around the bags with silica gel. You can get large amounts of cheap silica gel in the form of 'crystal kitty litter' which should say 100% silica gel on the bag. Then I put the lid on the box wrapped in cling wrap and multiple plastic bags and went down to a local park one night. I found a spot on a path lined with large rocks moved one of them buried the box and replaced the stone.

Eventually I dug them back up about a year later and the shrooms were still cracker dry with no noticeable loss in potency.

Although I did look under the wrong rock at first and started freaking out. But I quickly found them once I looked under the right rock haha

As far as anything in tablet, capsule, pill, packet form, liquid in a closed bottle, most of these will last a very long time in the sealed container -- also a packet of the desiccant that comes with all sorts of things is good . . . there are some exceptions, those being that antibiotics can become very toxic over time, and chloral hydrate liquid has to be used within 6 months to a year, otherwise a smell of vinegar or anything else pungent indicates it has decomposed and is no longer useful.

A dry place, close to room temperature for virtually all substances is sufficient for most to retain potency for decades. If you are concerned about a specific drug, simply check the storage guidelines through Google and you should be fine. All matter is eventually gonna change into something else, but for our purposes, it's typically enough to just store in a pill container on your shelf. If you live in the rainforest or some shit, we will address that on a purely case by case basis.

Speaking of burying shit.. That rock idea is a good one, it keeps large animals away..

I’ve had three separate incidents where burying shit has gone wrong.

1.) Tried burying a stash in my yard. Wake up one morning to a highly illegal stash (we’re talking lots of time lol) literally sitting in my front lawn cuz my dog dug it up for fun and just pulled it out.

2.) Decide lawn is not a good place so trek off into the woods. Find a suitable spot and dig down about a foot. Came back a week later and again some animal had dug the thing up..

3.) Dig deeper and bury again. This time the animals stayed away. Alls well until one day after some months I decide to check in on the area. I find that they had cleared and marked right over my spot for a path. I could have had my stash paved over completely!!!

Yea so just a heads up folks be VERY aware of how your stashing. Do so in containers animals can’t get in to.

-GC

Dogs and cats seem to like certain drugs, as do ferrets and other small rodent, lagomorph, marsupial, Carnivoran, Insectivoran and other pets &c. I always wondered what morphine, methadone, and the like would do for the ultra-rapid metabolism of shrews and moles which is fast enough to lead to pulses closing in on 1000 bpm and a precarious feeding situatipn; perhaps the gold medal amongst narcotics-loving animals appears to be the dickfer.

I had a hedgehog with a taste for morphine, presumably acquired from her previous job comparing narcotics, active placebos, and other medications . . . also she was living proof of how morphine can preserve health and add to lifespan, as at our house she got some morphine, hydromorphone, or nicomorphine solution sopped up by saltine crackers or cookies four times a day. I was aware that she drank clonitazene, got shots of morphine or dimethylthiambutene and perhaps diampromide at the laboratory. She would do wet dog shakes and look sick if she had been without narcotics for 24 hours or more. She lived 113 months, a little over 9 years and was in perfect health. Atelerix albiventris Wagner 1841, the four-toed hedgehog, those usually kept as pets and so forth live alone in captivity. I would call perking up and running to the door of the cage drug seeking behaviour but she never sold our stereo to a pawn shop, peddled arse or any of the other things that seem to be involuntary side effects of narcotics.

Although there were four others, they were not narcotic dependent, and they formed a very cohesive and affectionate herd, and they got along well with other animals as well. They lived in their own cages and so forth as is often the case with that species. She and the cats would cuddle up together and she and a couple of the other hedgehogs played with a Monodelphis domestica Wagner 1842 laboratory opossum and would climb on the back of one of our dachshunds and rode her like a horse . . .

Then of course there are the studies of rats who laugh and make gleeful noises when getting shot up with morphine and having sex, and the octopus who climbed out of the tank and ate all of the Miss Emma .. . .

When I went to university and worked in the States, there was a lady who grew poppies along with a number of other things, and the rabbits and raccoons kept eating a good percentage of the poppies, then the opossums started suddenly about 5 years later, which makes me think the raccoons taught them how to eat them . . . some people may have wondered why she was so tolerant of the bunnies eating so many of the poppies as she did harvest the seed, but I knew what was up and she and her family and others know all about all manner of traditional Croatian, Serbian, Slovene, Czech, Hungarian, Austrian and other recipes for just about anything one can make with any part of the poppy plant, as well as šljivovica and absinthe and various herbal cures for all sorts of things . . .

For a period of one year, the neighbourhood animals -- including the deer, who are the evolutionary equivalent in the Middle Western US and Canada to the wallabies, wallaroos, and kangaroos in Tasmania, New South Wales, South Australia &c., would do all sorts of things for a short time, even fight amongst themselves, climb all over and into parked vehicles, follow people around outside with a plaintive look like "Hey dude/dudette, where's my Op?" come looking for poppies at 13.30 in the afternoon, break into the shed where she was drying herbs . . .

when the lady noted that 100 per cent about the poppies being eaten, versus what she could usually make out to be 40-75 per cent, after the petals fell off the flowers and before the plants were ready for harvesting and drying, I suggested that maybe she could grow some extra, and do the big batch and three smaller ones planted 9-25 days apart of Papaver somniferum Linnaeus 1762 and a batch of Papaver bracteatum Lindley 1836 , when she did there was enough for all . . . including us: poppy pod lemonade, limeade, and lemon-limeade as well as poppy pod screwdrivers (orange juice + vodka, both of which were used as solvents for God's Own Medicine) and the like. There are such things as orangeade and grapefruitade as well, which also make nice ice lollies if you put them in the freezer in a little container with a stick in them.

The multi-coloured opium poppies and the taller, crimson, Persian poppies were the big hit as usual, and it appears that the opossums especially were into codeine -- they must have had bad coughs.

I suggested that others start growing them as well, and we all would go around like Johnny and Joan Poppyseed as far afield as Québec, San Francisco, down South, New York City, and Europe on our adventures of randomly sowing euphoria, analgesia, slowed peristalsis, and love.

A number of us in the neighbourhood were and are pickling enthusiasts, but it does not appear possible to pickle green poppy heads. If at all possible, those would be a very good garnish for a Bloody Mary, for example.

Last edited:
I’ve got a gram of flake I’m saving until after all this lockdown shit . I’ve got it bagged in a jar of rice

As far as storage goes, I'm a big proponent of vacuum sealing and storage in a cool, dark place; I wouldn't be doing myself any favors by getting into more detail than that.