• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how strong is fentanyl per gram vs. heroin?

wouldn't the weight determine how much in mg or g it is? Let's say I take 6 grams of vitamin C a day, according to my gram scale, then I know I'm taking 6 grams of vitamin C. I guess same goes with fentanyl? Unless it is cut then it gets lower? Say you have 1 gram of fentanyl, you mix it with 100 g of cutting agent, you shoot up a gram of it, you'r enot really shooting up a gram of fentanyl, just a gram of the powder with fentanyl and cutting agent, right? Just an example.

I think the problem would be them getting the fentanyl to a powder form they would have no way of knowing how strong it is by weight right? That would be my guess cause I have done them together plenty but im not scrapping patches and drying it out to make a powder either. That shit is for people with death wishes.

wouldn't the weight determine how much in mg or g it is? Let's say I take 6 grams of vitamin C a day, according to my gram scale, then I know I'm taking 6 grams of vitamin C. I guess same goes with fentanyl? Unless it is cut then it gets lower? Say you have 1 gram of fentanyl, you mix it with 100 g of cutting agent, you shoot up a gram of it, you'r enot really shooting up a gram of fentanyl, just a gram of the powder with fentanyl and cutting agent, right? Just an example.

Problem with that is that (putting aside that the doses you're using as an example would kill you dead) it's difficult to evenly distribute the powder if you're cutting it yourself. So the strength will vary tremendously from shot to shot. But there are illicit labs which do it and sell the result, with varying degrees of safeness.

On the other hand, if you're careful you can make a liquid solution, which I imagine would be much safer as long as you measure it all properly.

I said it as an example.

I'm sure there are mixers for sale. Not one of those place the powder in a zip lock bag and shake as hard as you can to mix it all in and do it in small batches (ex. put 1 gram of the pure substance with several grams of cutting agent into the zip lock, shake it as hard as you can, and knowing only 1 gram of the main substance is in there). Etc.

Problem with that is that (putting aside that the doses you're using as an example would kill you dead) it's difficult to evenly distribute the powder if you're cutting it yourself. So the strength will vary tremendously from shot to shot. But there are illicit labs which do it and sell the result, with varying degrees of safeness.

On the other hand, if you're careful you can make a liquid solution, which I imagine would be much safer as long as you measure it all properly.

Last edited:
im glad you posted this because I have been thinking that all those news stories of fentanyl cut heroin were complete bullshit but obviously Im a jackass.
I am so sorry you went through that! I have a friend who overdosed on cocaine but was on ex too and got an amphetamine charge (cause the ex) when the ambulance came and got him the cops took his spoon :( man... fentanyl cut dope. drug dealers are fucking ass holes clearly that is going to kill someone.

yeah its no joke I was dead twice it was really strong and good but still mad at myself for overdoing it but it got me where I need to be today

and the orange pers my dad had some I dont know if there 10s tho
cause yeah they look like norcos well the V yellow 10s but not yellow right thats what your saying?

and again yeah that dope was intense like I think thats the issue someone was saying up there with powdered fent you dont know the dosage like it was yellow dope when I got it my dealer was like be careful that shit is strong im like man look at this poop and dumped all in and POW RIGHT IN THE KISSA lol

Fentanyl has been mixed with heroin on the street, and has caused deaths. As for figuring out the equal amounts, no chart can do it. Not just because they are measured differently, making it complicated mathematically, but because there are too many things that cannot be measured properly, to put it simply. It's even impossible to find equal amounts of morphine and fentanyl, due to there being too many variables that cannot be measured properly. You can come up with a number, but it won't be correct because it isn't taking into account the variables that are unstable. Think how much more difficult it is with fentanyl and heroin. My PM Dr, who is brilliant, explained this to me, there are simply too many variables that are unstable to come up with a decent table of conversion.

Last edited:
not sure what idiot would mix 2 "similar" drugs (analgesic, opioid) when you could do with one or the other. Makes no sense. That's like mixing oxycodone with hydrocodone, why? It does not exactly "potentiate" anything without killing anyone when all the dealer could/should do is up the dose of one drug and not mix 2 "similar" drugs together, which I still doubt regardless of what media "sensationalism" are "academically trained" to put out there (it works!). I think what killed those people is really just fentanyl, which are being cut and sold in "heroin dosage" thinking it's the same, when fentanyl should be in lower dosage!

shit needs to be sold in lower quantities. if you were a dealer, knowing how strong fentanyl is, wouldn't you cut it with an agent big enough to dilute something so strong? If you had a gram of fent, cut it with maybe 50x that amount using a cutting agent?

another thing; someone I knew who knew a former dealer mentioned that the street heroin is really just fentanyl (aka China White). Just technically "another word for it" is heroin. In the streets, anything injected is heroin, anything smoked is crack (other than marijuana and cigarettes of course). I've known people who thought they were injecting heroin but it's actually oxycodone or fentanyl (but in their minds they are a dope user). So no one can really know what their using unless they went to the lab to get it figured out.

The users I know didn't have "euphoria" when just using "dope" (it was more likely fentanyl to begin with), which is why smoking crack at the same time (aka "speedball") seemed to have brought such "euphoria" with some people I hung with. When shooting up, they start nodding. When smoking crack then shooting up, the person appeared to take over the world (euphoria).

Ever smoked cigarettes and you thought it's only nicotine? Think again. But this is known fact now that other stuff is in the cigarettes. Before people had no clue what was in it.

Fentanyl has been mixed with heroin on the street, and has caused deaths. As for figuring out the equal amounts, no chart can do it. Not just because they are measured differently, making it complicated mathematically, but because there are too many things that cannot be measured properly, to put it simply. It's even impossible to find equal amounts of morphine and fentanyl, due to there being too many variables that cannot be measured properly. You can come up with a number, but it won't be correct because it isn't taking into account the variables that are unstable. Think how much more difficult it is with fentanyl and heroin. My PM Dr, who is brilliant, explained this to me, there are simply too many variables that are unstable to come up with a decent table of conversion.

Last edited:
cause people complain about not getting fixed anymore I remember talking with my old dealer about how making it strong and believe it or not its cheaper to than to cut with something else thats what my dealer said (not my words)

Seems adding fent would possibly cause dysphoria because of the high affinity. Idk. My last relapse I od'd I know that... SE mi dope can be wicked strong. People with crap H that deal, would be better off finding better dope than risk messing with fent.imagine someone trying to fool with it w/o proper safegaurds. They could get a little fent on their fingers while smoking and accidentally ingest it.

Sucks idiots are doing that. Just whoever has the actual fent don't mix it. Keep them seperate. You aren't gaining anything. Might as well sell the damn fent by itself. At least people would know its fent not h.

you saying the addicts built a tolerance for it? Either that or the other batch they got were either phony junk or too cut/diluted. You saying it's cheaper to cut it with fentanyl than something else? Like I said, there probably isn't even any heroin in it to begin with but just fentanyl being passed off as H. Fentanyl is strong as is, so why have any heroin with it when heroin itself is the strongest street drug? What you heard from your old dealer was probably dealer bluff. I heard it too often. Go to a car dealership and you'll hear a bunch of dealer bluff and marketing tactics to sell something.

cause people complain about not getting fixed anymore I remember talking with my old dealer about how making it strong and believe it or not its cheaper to than to cut with something else thats what my dealer said (not my words)

Put it this way. My gandfather ( a patient with moderate/high to severe pain. He was an opiate tolerant individual, they started him on 30mg of morphine (after maxing out his tolerance to endocet 5mg/ acetaminophen 325mg ( or perks as a lot of people call them). And was gradually increased to 4 30mg 'Inspiron' 24 hour extended release tablets so 120mg of morphine. And managed to alot get comfortable at 60mg. When they decided to take him off morphine and onto the fentynal patch they took him from 60mg of morphine and put him on 25 MCG that's MICROGRAMS that 1000:1 So, assuming heroin is 6x stronger then morphine 60mg morphine would = 10mg PURE heroin. And it's not likely any heroin is pure is say a good worldwide average and just to make things easier we'll say 60% or 6mg so we can infer that our heroin converts to fentynal at a proportion of 6mg per 25 mcg to simplify this conversation into the same unit we could say that 6g of heroin would be equivalent to 25 grams of fentynal. From personal experience however I do seen to prefer fentynal over heroin just Because the way I get it it's cultivated to feel about twice as potent as the street heroin around here. However, you can tell that fen has a lot of cut in it which is normal of course. But still twice as strong- at least the only problem is if you do fen everyday say 50$ worth, u could buy $100 of h and not feel a thing. If your body has built up a tolerance to fentynal your tolerance to heroin will be even higher

Last edited:
Fentanyl vs heroin..please ! Read!

I can't find anything on what the therapeutic dose is if there's such a thing. I would think 1 gram is a bit much. I'm not familiar with it til recent news about it. Why anyone would use it as cutting agent or blend agent with heroin is mind boggling. Heroin is already as is, so why the fentanyl mixture? Would fentanyl by itself work like heroin? Can the feeling or high pass off as a heroin high?

I came across this older post after researching Fentynal to Heroin conversion and after skimming threw this post I feel compelled to post my opinion so here it is.
I have been a pain management patient for almost 10 years. I have used both gel and ahesive fentynal patches. My dose started at 25 MICROGRAMS 1 month to 50 MICROGRAMS for 1 month, 75 MICROGRAMS for 7years, and 100 MICROGRAMS for the past 3 years, and tapered back down over the past 2 months.

Please notice the word MICROGRAMS. Im reading Fentanyl vs HEROIN posts and
measurements are being measuring fentynal by gram! THAT IS A LETHAL MEASUREMENT!!!

FENTANYL IS MEASURED BY MICROGRAMS! !!

My taper dose was/is from 100 MICROGRAMS every 2 days and Im down to 2 MICROGRAMS 4 times a day and tomarrow 1MICROGRAM 4times a day.

An very experienced heroin friend suggested i now switch to a $10 bag of H orally a day for a week. That bag would be used in several small doses a day to help take the edge of of FENTANYL detox symptoms. I'm planning to just detox without her help but my point is...by her opinionnis ...just a quarter of a $10 bag of heroin is to only 1 MICROGRAMS of FENTANYL for an opiod resist person!!!

Please be careful what information sorce you are considering here or anywhere...and that also includes my opinions.

Please be safe everyone. .these drugs do kill.

I came across this older post after researching Fentynal to Heroin conversion and after skimming threw this post I feel compelled to post my opinion so here it is.
I have been a pain management patient for almost 10 years. I have used both gel and ahesive fentynal patches. My dose started at 25 MICROGRAMS 1 month to 50 MICROGRAMS for 1 month, 75 MICROGRAMS for 7years, and 100 MICROGRAMS for the past 3 years, and tapered back down over the past 2 months.

Please notice the word MICROGRAMS. Im reading Fentanyl vs HEROIN posts and
measurements are being measuring fentynal by gram! THAT IS A LETHAL MEASUREMENT!!!

FENTANYL IS MEASURED BY MICROGRAMS! !!

My taper dose was/is from 100 MICROGRAMS every 2 days and Im down to 2 MICROGRAMS 4 times a day and tomarrow 1MICROGRAM 4times a day.

An very experienced heroin friend suggested i now switch to a $10 bag of H orally a day for a week. That bag would be used in several small doses a day to help take the edge of of FENTANYL detox symptoms. I'm planning to just detox without her help but my point is...by her opinionnis ...just a quarter of a $10 bag of heroin is to only 1 MICROGRAMS of FENTANYL for an opiod resist person!!!

Please be careful what information sorce you are considering here or anywhere...and that also includes my opinions.

Please be safe everyone. .these drugs do kill.

You're correct that Fentanyl is generally dosed via Microgram (ug), and certainly correct in that it kills people with alarming frequency.
However, the 25/50/75/100ug measurements actually refer to the dose released hourly through the transdermal patch. Thus, the 25ug/hr patches typically contain 72 x 25ug, often with excess added to account for the Fentanyl trapped in the matrix and therefore not released. The 100ug patches contain approx. 10mg in total Fentanyl and such a dose released immediately would drop a Bull Elephant, the release is slow and controlled.

Also, if you are going to switch to another Opioid, please do so under medical supervision.
Heroin orally is a complete waste due to being converted back into Morphine rapidly before entering the brain, and so the suggestion to dose a "$10 bag" is pointless. That bag could contain any amount of nigh on any compound, and the risks involved with illicit Heroin are not worth the end-product of Morphine. Unless one opts for pharmaceutical Morphine, of which the dose is known and the purity is assured.

Anyone find it very ironic that someone posted a picture of prince in this thread two years ago and now he's dead from fentanyl

My mother is in PM and her dr. put her on 75ug Fent patches to try some odd years ago. She was wearing one and got in to the shower, which her dr. assured her was safe as long as she wasn't soaking in a hot bath. Her husband heard a crash in the bathroom and ran in to the bathroom and found her unconscious, lying on the floor. He called emergency and emt's came almost immediately and rushed her to the hospital. The patch had let too much of the Fent in to her system and she was down and out with in a matter of minutes. Had her husband not been there to call ems, she would have died before anyone could walk in and do anything about it. And this was a patch that was almost at the end of its cycle. I can't believe they still offer Fent as an option for PM but where there are the detractors there will be the people who sing it's praises. It's just a matter of research and hr. Even when used as prescribed, it can and will kill you with out regard. Scary stuff.

Thing about Heroin, as most all Bluelighters know it anyway, is that it's not pure. It's cut, probably a lot more than you might suspect. Some H has been cut with fentanyl, sure.

But if someone was selling Fentanyl as dope, it would be really cut anyways. So if you buy a gram of H you suspect of being cut with fent, that well may be, but there sure as shit ain't gonna be no GRAM of fentanyl. They Rx that shit in the MICROGRAM range, not milligrams.
So i'm guessing 1 gram of Fentanyl would be, not only incredibly costly, but incredibly rare, as well. But if you do have some, be fucking careful. Shit's potent as hell.

Now i'm going to take a bath in the sparkling waters of lake Minnetonka..Beeaitch!