• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

how potent of an opiate is tianeptine, really??

How many mgs of suboxone are you on? Curious I’m on 12. Started at 24 a year me a half ago..

i started with 8 last year then i lowered it to 4 and now im on 2 but i have been trying to quit it and i have been switching to alternatives like kratom, tianeptine, tramadol etc. so its not like i always take it daily, at least i try to skip a day

I’m only seeing this, when you don’t use the reply I don’t get a notification.

It is legal for me to get but I do work in a lab. I also can’t name my sources here. It’s against the BLUA as well as professionally it wouldn’t be very wise.

Honestly and I’ve seen you mention it on down, the hepatotoxicity is very interesting to me and I thought it would be a good study for part of my PhD tbh. Not sure what angle I’ll come at it yet to be honest but...

Here is part of a paper... I’ll post the link at the bottom.

Tianeptine--an instance of drug-induced hepatotoxicity predicted by prospective experimental studies.​

Abstract​

We report the case of a patient who developed acute hepatitis after taking tianeptine, a new tricyclic antidepressant, for 8 weeks. Hepatitis exhibited cholangitis-like clinical features and was associated with hypersensitivity manifestations suggestive of an immuno-allergic mechanism. Histological examination showed microvesicular steatosis. The discontinuation of tianeptine administration was followed by complete recovery. Immunoallergic hepatitis and microvesicular steatosis were predicted 2 years ago from prospective experimental studies prompted by the similarity of the chemical structures of tianeptine and amineptine, another tricyclic antidepressant, well-known for its hepatotoxicity. Experimentally, tianeptine has been found to be oxidized into reactive metabolites in several rodents and human liver and to produce microvesicular steatosis probably through inhibition of mitochondrial beta-oxidation of fatty acid in mice. This case illustrates the value of prospectively assessing potential hepatotoxicity mechanisms for new compounds chemically related to drugs already known to be hepatotoxic.

yikes thats worrysome. and the guy didnt even take it with alcohol, as i do! how do you even diagnose microvesicular steatosis? what a strange condition. in most cases it will be too late i assume. but interestingly enough, he has returned to normal after stopping use hmm

yikes thats worrysome. and the guy didnt even take it with alcohol, as i do! how do you even diagnose microvesicular steatosis? what a strange condition. in most cases it will be too late i assume. but interestingly enough, he has returned to normal after stopping use hmm
Like I said at the start of this, it shocked me that people abuse it because of how dangerous it is. @negrogesic mentioned people taking grams of it! Like holy shit!

I’d love to see your LFT and a few other results tbh. I’d really advise you to stay clear of it.

easier said than done. i would love to quit it, but it works much better for me than suboxone, which btw is also associated with hepatitis. not sure if its more likely to get it when drinking or by itself. but anyway, yeah, i like tianeptine better than suboxone and its the main reason i choose to continue using it. i switched to kratom for a while too which helped as well but i actually literally did have hepatitis from kratom and alcohol! so i stay clear off kratom now!!

easier said than done. i would love to quit it, but it works much better for me than suboxone, which btw is also associated with hepatitis. not sure if its more likely to get it when drinking or by itself. but anyway, yeah, i like tianeptine better than suboxone and its the main reason i choose to continue using it. i switched to kratom for a while too which helped as well but i actually literally did have hepatitis from kratom and alcohol! so i stay clear off kratom now!!

How much tianeptine you take per day (out of curiosity)?

When i got addicted for tianeptine (only for 2 months) i ended up having to redose every 4 hours or so, whereas initially it was somewhat long lasting. This was pretty inconvenient as it was impossible to make it through the night without redosing.

Oddly i experienced some reserve tolerance at the very end, where relatively small doses were stronger than they uses to feel. This must have simply withdrawal relief.

Again the philosophical problem with tianeptine is that each time you take an opioidergic dose (although of course doses are technically) you are overdosing on an antidepressant to get high.

ive never measured it, the powder i mean. i knew Coaxil was 12.5mg and ill take about 6 of them and feel fine. but with powder, ill just grab half of that tiny tea spoon i have and just directly consume with water or juice. and yes, i need to redose every 6 hours i believe or so but i try not to which is never a problem. i do it once when i wake up and once at night. but because i drink alcohol, i end up doing it 3 times more at night :/
anyway, i just finished my misserable 2 grams i got and yesterday i was ok, but today i have one of the worst depressions i can remember! i took heavy dose suboxone to counter act it, and guess what, suboxone is garbage in comparison! i dont even think it hits any of my opioid receptors anymore. not as intense as tianeptine, thats for sure! i mean i probably felt some opiate activity for the first 1-2 hours or so but ZERO enjoyment at all! Now i am on the alcohol because the depression was so severe i wanted to go out and cause havoc and relieve myself. as bad as that sounds, jeez my depression IS BAD. im going to order more tianeptine but i have been holding on to it because of my alcohol problem and i do not want to mix it and get double whammy problems long term :(:(:(

You’ve already has hepatitis?! Please be careful! I’m assuming you’ve regular contact with your dr? Do you get bloods done regularly?

i had hepatitis 3 years ago from kratom and alcohol abuse. thats why i avoid this combo now days. in fact, i dumped kratom completely. next is suboxone, that garbage!!! it hasnt helped me at all except keep the cold chills, hot flashes away. also, tramadol. this shit was so good for me for depression i couldnt believe it until i realized its dark side withdrawing. PLUS it doesnt mix well with alcohol either and it gave me seizures like when i was off the alcohol. i suppose im fucked as i run out of options at this point as tianeptine is not long term solution as evident by my current depression crisis, not good long term choice at all! :(

MsDiz how is your research with tianeptine going? any reports, please!?

I overdosed yestarday. I have been taking the free acid version too in combination with the sodium version. I do not remember how much in total i took that day, but then i had alcoholic beverages, 1 bottle of wine + 3 IPA cans of beer, which is STRONG combo btw. ANYWAY; i ended up dosing again and i almost lost my fucking consciousness... i was wondering if to call ER, as I was strugling to breath and to move basically. I mean, I got literally paralyzed on the side of the bed, complete DISSOCIATION and DISCONNECT from any REALITY. DAMN!, it was horrible. I know its my fault i drank way way too much alcohol. I dont blame the tianeptine at all in this instance. Its completely my damn fault and I should have been more careful NOT drinking so much. But, it was so easy to slip, as i have an alcohol problem, tianeptine is likely very much NOT A GOOD IDEA FOR ALCOHOLICS.

Last edited:
Wow.

I've been on Suboxone for over 4 years at varying doses and my experience with tianeptine was totally boring. Although I tried the sulfate, which I hear is more of a longer acting version and less recreational. But I figured even if it's supposedly a full mu-agonist, I should feel some kind of long duration of opiate-like effects (similar to how people can still feel methadone, buprenorphine, etc..) but I didn't get shit. I did notice a mental change which to me felt like a type of antidepressant change. But there was no euphoria, no warm tingly body, no contentedness, nothing of a typical full agonist. I'm not sure how some one else on high doses of Subs could feel something that appears to be this weak.

I find it ridiculous & ironic though that OP originally called for a "ban" on this substance and then subsequently "overdoses". Maybe they were being sarcastic though.
I'm highly against "banning" drugs or punishing people for using them. Not everyone is an idiot who will mix their drugs with shit tons of alcohol and then overdose and then have the audacity to tell others that because they couldn't handle it, that no one should be allowed to do it! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And for those who may pass through here and are thinking about drinking with your tianpetine, do not mix alcohol with opioids!!! And I highly advise against using tianpetine for recreation or pain relief. There are so many more studied, less toxic and natural / semi-synthetic opiates and opioids one can use out there. Alcohol + obscure antidepressant/opioids is a FAST way to your grave. And the person using these drugs should be more responsible, as it is behavior like this that ruins it for the rest of us who ARE responsible with our opioids & drugs. I was an idiot once too though & i'm lucky to still be here. But mixing drugs is no joke & people need to learn that quickly if they're gonna use drugs. Through my experience and research, alcohol (and benzos) is one of the biggest contributors to overdoses when it comes to poly-drug use.

And I am very skeptical that tianeptine would ever be BETTER than heroin or good old morphine.

Last edited:
MsDiz how is your research with tianeptine going? any reports, please!?

I overdosed yestarday. I have been taking the free acid version too in combination with the sodium version. I do not remember how much in total i took that day, but then i had alcoholic beverages, 1 bottle of wine + 3 IPA cans of beer, which is STRONG combo btw. ANYWAY; i ended up dosing again and i almost lost my fucking consciousness... i was wondering if to call ER, as I was strugling to breath and to move basically. I mean, I got literally paralyzed on the side of the bed, complete DISSOCIATION and DISCONNECT from any REALITY. DAMN!, it was horrible. I know its my fault i drank way way too much alcohol. I dont blame the tianeptine at all in this instance. Its completely my damn fault and I should have been more careful NOT drinking so much. But, it was so easy to slip, as i have an alcohol problem, tianeptine is likely very much NOT A GOOD IDEA FOR ALCOHOLICS.
Oh I haven’t started my PhD yet and I’m still designing a study that would be worthwhile.

Look, you know yourself how dangerous alcohol has been for you in the past. Hepatitis isn’t something to pass off. It’s a serious condition and it will kill you. You’re playing with fire taking either substance never mind both.

Get some addiction treatment, it’ll get you off the shit and eventually you will be feeling better. If you continue the way you are you’ll be dead.

At 1g + doses very euphoric and very abusable.

I was on 3-4g a day, and tried switching to suboxone. 24mg of suboxone would not hold me. It took 4 days to stabilize on that dose. Im not sure if its purely because of mu agonism but from some other MOA of tianeptine that suboxone could not mitigate withdrawal from.

500mg tianeptine equals maybe 30mg of oxy? Its been some years.

Tianeptine sulfate feels much weaker by dose but last longer. Better for something to maintain on yet not be high as fuck. More of a tool imo.

Tian also has a great rush IVd. Probably the worst thing you could IV though.

Last edited:

I was on 3-4g a day, and tried switching to suboxone. 24mg of suboxone would not hold me. It took 4 days to stabilize on that dose. Im not sure if its purely because of mu agonism but from some other MOA of tianeptine that suboxone could not mitigate withdrawal from.

Tianeptine sulfate feels much weaker by dose but last longer. Better for something to maintain on yet not be high as fuck. More of a tool imo.

Yeah 500mg of tianeptine is probably around 30-40mg of oxycodone in my experience.

I used to like bombing 800mg to 1.5g of it.

These days those doses cause more side-effects and less euphoria than they used to. For a while though i used to love bombing a gram, it would hit hard.

yeah i was thinking the same shit how suboxone doesnt really help after abusing tianeptine for a while. i do not understand the reason behind this. what receptors is tianeptine hitting beyond heroin, that even suboxone at high doses cannot help you anymore?? it is so strange. this is what makes tianeptine so dangerious , because nobody really knows how powerful of an opiate it can be and how exactly it works. for example, i finished it recently and suboxone barely helps. i did heroin today and heroin actually feels weak in comparison, wtf!?! im happy most of those addicts out there do not know about it! actually, they probably should, as its hard to overdose on it as it is short acting and has some other strange mechanism which makes overdose difficult in comparison to heroin. usually each time i overdose with really high doses plus vodka or a lot of various alcohol, the sedation and dissociation lasts for an hour and then suddenly im sober again. its so damn weird. definitely something people should study more and try to decipher its mechanism....

yeah i was thinking the same shit how suboxone doesnt really help after abusing tianeptine for a while. i do not understand the reason behind this. what receptors is tianeptine hitting beyond heroin, that even suboxone at high doses cannot help you anymore?? it is so strange. this is what makes tianeptine so dangerious , because nobody really knows how powerful of an opiate it can be and how exactly it works. for example, i finished it recently and suboxone barely helps. i did heroin today and heroin actually feels weak in comparison, wtf!?! im happy most of those addicts out there do not know about it! actually, they probably should, as its hard to overdose on it as it is short acting and has some other strange mechanism which makes overdose difficult in comparison to heroin. usually each time i overdose with really high doses plus vodka or a lot of various alcohol, the sedation and dissociation lasts for an hour and then suddenly im sober again. its so damn weird. definitely something people should study more and try to decipher its mechanism....
Yeah 500mg of tianeptine is probably around 30-40mg of oxycodone in my experience.

I used to like bombing 800mg to 1.5g of it.

These days those doses cause more side-effects and less euphoria than they used to. For a while though i used to love bombing a gram, it would hit hard.

did you finish your tianeptine? how do you feel now? it really did not do much as you were saying, after you got to use it again? i do find this strange you lost your feelings to it. i keep having something related, but as i said before, it doesnt feel like this amazing euphorant too anymore. not as much as i felt when i first started, thats for damn sure