• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How not to look like a tweaker

I used Meth every.single.day for a year and a half. At work. Around Friends. Around Family. Nobody had the first clue...

Taking it orally (in low doses) is the ticket.

EDIT: NVM, re-read your post, I see what you're getting at.
Cool. I definitely see your point as well. With low doses, I definitely think you can get away with it!

That's how you do it...

What's all this about not taking any Stims until an hour or two after waking? It can lead to heart disease if you take Stims first-thing in the morning? Interesting. Do you have any links to said studies?
It's been awhile since I was in Pre Med. This is a different study, but I am going to focus on cortisol and will only mention that your metabolism shifts your hormones and neurotransmitters gradually over the first 2 hours being awake. If you wait til your metabolic process is at its normal functional hormone/endocrine levels vs when your bodies trying to adjust. you'll affect how your body wakes up in the long term because its used to going from 0 to 100,

Cortisol ramps up slowly as you wake up, stimulants increase cortisol, which is fine normally taking small doses, and I'd say if you don't smoke or use caffeine right when you wake too or smoke at all. You can ignore it, but we all know what cortisol does. makes you alert, aware, motivated for whatever it is you gotta do to survive, HIgh levels cause stress in order to make us fix whatever is bothering us in our life... All outdated hormones for when we were cave monkeys lol... too little and well depression lack of motivation sedentary lifestyle risks.. if you smoke, drink coffee, take meth the second you wake up well; they found in resting people that this leads to higher levels of cortisol then if you waited until your cortisol was at its metabolic standard. The study is on caffeine and cortisol levels in relation to waiting later to take it. If you wait your cortisol levels hit a softer ceiling and level out. if you take it the first thing your bodys metabolic processes switching from sleep to awake has to really work hard to speed up. There is a reason most people have a period of feeling tired in the morning, it is normal for your metabolism to turn on over time. CORTISOL CORTISOL CORTISOL.

There are better studies out there I just don't have the time to find my old research

High levels of elevated cortisol levels are well documented. evation risks for prolonged periods of your life well the effects of cortisol and hypertension, heart disease, and any number of other issues I am missing. It's a long term harm reduction practice. I feel alot better since I stopped using adderall or stims to wake up while still sleeping after taking a pill and falling back asleep.

@acklac7 you sound like a responsible user so I wouldn't worry to much I was not a responsible user. When I was younger id have 5 cigarettes 2 monsters an adderall not eat breakfast and rush into work. Believe me I have some peripheral artery symptoms that I am just now starting to reduce after it started 2 years ago.. you likely don't need to worry about it, if you smoke and use alot of caffeine too maybe consider it and do do some extra research. Its out there, just gotta go to work.

This was a not to look like a tweaker post too, STAYING on topic helps. oops
tweek tweak tweaking GIF by South Park

It's been awhile since I was in Pre Med. This is a different study, but I am going to focus on cortisol and will only mention that your metabolism shifts your hormones and neurotransmitters gradually over the first 2 hours being awake. If you wait til your metabolic process is at its normal functional hormone/endocrine levels vs when your bodies trying to adjust. you'll affect how your body wakes up in the long term because its used to going from 0 to 100,

Cortisol ramps up slowly as you wake up, stimulants increase cortisol, which is fine normally taking small doses, and I'd say if you don't smoke or use caffeine right when you wake too or smoke at all. You can ignore it, but we all know what cortisol does. makes you alert, aware, motivated for whatever it is you gotta do to survive, HIgh levels cause stress in order to make us fix whatever is bothering us in our life... All outdated hormones for when we were cave monkeys lol... too little and well depression lack of motivation sedentary lifestyle risks.. if you smoke, drink coffee, take meth the second you wake up well; they found in resting people that this leads to higher levels of cortisol then if you waited until your cortisol was at its metabolic standard. The study is on caffeine and cortisol levels in relation to waiting later to take it. If you wait your cortisol levels hit a softer ceiling and level out. if you take it the first thing your bodys metabolic processes switching from sleep to awake has to really work hard to speed up. There is a reason most people have a period of feeling tired in the morning, it is normal for your metabolism to turn on over time. CORTISOL CORTISOL CORTISOL.

There are better studies out there I just don't have the time to find my old research

High levels of elevated cortisol levels are well documented. evation risks for prolonged periods of your life well the effects of cortisol and hypertension, heart disease, and any number of other issues I am missing. It's a long term harm reduction practice. I feel alot better since I stopped using adderall or stims to wake up while still sleeping after taking a pill and falling back asleep.
Fascinating. I love Bluelight!
@acklac7 you sound like a responsible user
Well, about that...

Definitely started off as a responsible user. Meth worked wonders for me for a while there. Then I accidentally took too much and slipped into a major psychosis episode. Whoops...

When I was younger id have 5 cigarettes 2 monsters an adderall not eat breakfast and rush into work. Believe me I have some peripheral artery symptoms that I am just now starting to reduce after it started 2 years ago.. you likely don't need to worry about it, if you smoke and use alot of caffeine too maybe consider it and do do some extra research. Its out there, just gotta go to work.
Cigarettes, Sugary Drinks and Stims. That will kill your cardiovascular system but mighty quick I reckon...

Yeah, I take care of my body when using Meth/Stims. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I feel more compelled to take care of my body when I'm on Stims than off? I have a strict No-Sugar-Drink policy, which I follow religiously. I also implement a strict No-Fried-Food policy which I follow religiously as well. In addition, I exercise everyday for 30-45 minutes. When I'm off Stims/Meth all of that tends to go out the window.

Last edited:
The hardest thing to hide with methamphetamine especially IMO is the laser-lock focus on the task in front of you, no matter how trivial it is, and the loss of self-awareness over the amount of time a normal person would devote to it. Endless re-editing of written material and endless reorganizing of physical objects is something I'm prone to, which makes it not very conducive to work. Whereas with racemic amphetamine, I'm edgier in a physical way and startle very easily, but don't get as mentally trapped in the minutiae.

The hardest thing to hide with methamphetamine especially IMO is the laser-lock focus on the task in front of you, no matter how trivial it is, and the loss of self-awareness over the amount of time a normal person would devote to it. Endless re-editing of written material and endless reorganizing of physical objects is something I'm prone to, which makes it not very conducive to work. Whereas with racemic amphetamine, I'm edgier in a physical way and startle very easily, but don't get as mentally trapped in the minutiae.
What’s your ROA if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve experienced what you describe the few times I’ve snorted Meth.

Last edited:
What’s your ROA if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve experienced what you describe the few times I’ve snorted Meth.
Increasingly, yes, snorting is primary (well, dissolving it in water and spraying it up the sinuses), but usually in combination with some taken orally. Interesting if it would be ROA specific... I could see oral alone being different, but you think smoking/shooting doesn't cause it (never tried either for various reasons)?

Don't binge.....sleep.....eat. Shower, Do your hair and shave. Dress as nice as possible. Use lotion. If you look well put together people will be less ikely to assume you are high on amphetamines

Speak slowly and LISTEN to other people. Eye contact....but don't stare. Don't bounce between 2 or 3 things.....finish one than start the next.
Don't pick at face. Don't use large amounts if you have important shit to do in next 8 hours.

Also I would advise you keep a benzo handy in case you go a little overboard and gotta mellow out or need sleep.

Increasingly, yes, snorting is primary (well, dissolving it in water and spraying it up the sinuses), but usually in combination with some taken orally. Interesting if it would be ROA specific... I could see oral alone being different, but you think smoking/shooting doesn't cause it (never tried either for various reasons)?
I tend to hyper-focus when snorting Meth, but not when taken orally.

One of my buddies said it best: Snorting Meth, Smoking Meth, Shooting Meth and Ingesting Meth are all basically a different a drug.

I rarely tend to tweak out when ingesting Meth, even when I over-do it. Snorting Meth? Different story.

How do you act normal around coworkers/family/etc. I live with my bf and he thinks I’m not using anymore but it’s only because I’ll use at work or when he’s not home, which sucks. And at work I get all amped up and I’m sure it’s super obvious ugh. So how do you keep ok in public basically. Thank you
GO home and throw on all the BEST EDM of the 90s like I do and enjoy. Trust me that energy will be moving to the rhythm and beat! Still I cannot see how Meth is really enjoyable to some. Makes me feel like and overloaded with coke and that just does not work well. Over excites the heart and makes you sweat like a pig. Rather be rolling thunder on XTC.

source?
magnesium citrate?
Doesn't matter as the magnesium cation does the magic. The anion will just affect absorption so it doesn't matter if it's the citrate or not.

It's well known that magnesium is a muscle relaxant. I'm not going to dig up a source but it should be in Wikipedia it's pretty common medical knowledge.

I've never done meth but.thw rules of don't shit where you eat, don't get your honey where you make your money all apply here.

While I'm an pharma person so i.e (Zenzendi, Adderall, Desoxyn, Ritalin, Focalin, Provigil and so on)
My Tips for staying under the radar are simply:
1.Decresure use (of course) when around people
2.Never use unless you know the desired effects around people of any kind
3.Always keep a tidy appetite
4.Sneak a downer or two (depending on how it effects you)
5.Don't let it show (shower, shave, look your best at all times)
6.Keep a good clothing selection
7.Always maintain eye contact even if your eyes are penny sized
8.Never let the Substance get the best out of you
9.Don't ask to go to the bathroom to use
10.never take the goodies out of hiding