Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How many people actually care?

faerie

Bluelighter
Just curious a few questions for you all.

Regardless of the fact that you know you "should" test you're biccies and you "should" check pill reports and you "shouldn't" drop two nights in a row etc. How many people actually put this into practise?

I like to think I've learnt alot about harm minimisation from bluelight etc, but when it comes to real life I tend to throw all that out the window. Generally if I have the opportunity to take some biccies and I haven't tested them or anything I will take them anyway.

Maybe I just have no self control, or maybe I'm on a suicide mission. But it would be interesting to know how many people out there actually put into practise what they know.%)

Indeed I did reapeat myself, sorry.

*raises hand* Then smacks faerie on the bum for lack of control ;)

I practice what i preach. Have all pills tested and never eat pills within a week of each other, and never go more than 2-3 weeks MAX in a row. Otherwise it just doesn't seem fun anymore...

I'm by no means an angel, but that doesn't mean that I'm stupid.

I rarely test pills these days for 2 reasons, I trust my sources and I keep track of what's about.
I do sometimes pill over 2 nights, but that may mean that I have 2 or 3 pills over the two nights, that is by no means excessive. (To put in in perspective I can eat 4 or 5 strong pills and still be in control. Damn me to hell for my high tolerances.
I usually have pills every couple of weeks, but when I do have them I usually would only have 2 max. And these days I'm usually stocked with 5-htp.
On the flip side if I do want to get well trashed then I won't munch down 8 pills and half a gram of speed. I'll take 1 trip and 1 pill. Just as munted, more dollars left in my wallet, and ultimately 'better' for me.

I personally see drugs as tools for reaching a different state of conciousness. Different drugs do different things with different outcomes. I choose what outcome I want, and take the drugs to reach that state. But this requires knowledge of not only individual drugs, but also their interactions. Knowing what the outcome would be from that bump of K before you have it, can save not only you mind, but also your health. This is where I see my knowledge of harm minimisation comes in.

Fair point in my opinion, talking completely out my arse based on the people i talk to when out and my friends i would say 5% at most care at all. As for myself i try and always check pill reports but i trust my sources and have trusted sources that go to most clubs/events i go to and will hook up me up with anything inside, i think the legal risk of sniffer dogs on the train/at the door is worse than the risk of getting a bad pill from these sources.

As for regularility of use i agree with Pyschadelic_Paisly its just not that much fun when i use takes pills without a good break if i always got a great peak only leaving a week i probably would but if i have taken a pill within the last couple of weeks i would prefer meth.

I keep telling myself that I am going to buy a pill testing kit and test my pills, but I still haven't! The only thing that is holding me back at the moment is the shelf-life of the reagents. I don't use pills that often, so I can't really justify having reagents sitting on the shelf and expiring before I can use them all up.

At the moment I just rely on my sources, and only ever take pills when others have already tried them. That way I can also tell (vaguely) how strong the pill is, and what to expect.

I check pillreports occasionally, and I usually give myself at least a month before I drop again, mainly because I want to minimise my tolerance.

About 4hrs after taking MDMA, much of the serotonin previously in your brain will be depleted. This state is thought to last about 24 hours, and taking more during this time will probably be less effective and produce more negative than positive effects. It may take up to 2 weeks for your body to replenish your serotonin levels, but the exact time is not known

I know drug enthusiasts who think BL is lame, Pillreports a dud and harm minimisation either "just common sense" or somehow nerdy or uncool. I don't agree but it has made me think that HM has an image problem.

^^^^ Do these people own fully sik cars with mega wicked sub-woofers and dance by thrusting their pelvis around the club??? :p

No, well the pelvis thing maybe. Think Masters degrees, inner urban hipsters who are discerning about their chemical entertainment. Imagine them gently ribbing me for being "safety steve" when I mention testing. They aren't monsters.

LOL @ "nerdy or uncool"... because it's much cooler to eat unknown pills and act like you know... I think it's silly, and in some ways I think it is a manifestation of the usual machismo and oneupmanship that seems to go hand in hand with drug users and dealers trying to outmanouever one another.

IMO: I think the real problem is that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Drug information has for a lot of us been 'taboo' while we were growing up. Any question was met with scare tactics or some kind of cover-up so that you'd firstly be scared off being curious about drugs, and secondly stop asking questions which are hard to answer truthfully for people who don't know anything about the subject. Obviously, we have access to this information now, and it's fascinating! It's easy to lose hours reading through the BL archives, and the Erowid vaults, learning about the history and variety of chemicals that humans use recreationally and/or to achieve altered states of consciousness. Most of the info is posted by people with a positive bias toward drug use due to positive experiences... so it comes across pretty attractive.

The upshot is that the enthusiasm to put this new information into practise has to be tempered with responsibility... therein lies the element of "common sense" which so-called (and probably self-labelled) drug enthusiasts take for granted. However, much of the harm reduction information is NOT COMMON, and therefore it can't possibly be common sense to know that you can't take ecstasy every weekend, or that you should not mix GHB and alcohol, for example. BL exists as a means to help change that, but if you like, think of BL as a school. If you look back on school nowadays you probably think the stuff you learnt there was lame, or easy, or common sense, but it's only through your own education that it seems this way. From that point of view though, just because you've absorbed eveyrthing you can from that education, would you stand outside the school and insult people's intelligence or choices for aiming to educate themselves in the same way you did?

I keep saying it: Despite what you might think and read about as being 'normal' experiences on BL, a very large majority of people in society out there consider illicit drug use (or even the use of any substances to get "high") as being pretty-far-from-normal... and that is not gonna change unless people are responsible with their drug knowledge (ie. both its use and dissemination).

BigTrancer :)

I never test my pills but I always cheak pillreports before zI consume but if it's not there I take it anyway. I tell my self I don't wany to drop two nights in a row but I do some times

i constanly check pillreports to see whats going around, and what to look out for etc. I have a tester, but if i buy some round ones at my location i dont test them, (seldem). Taking pills 2 nights in a row is fucken stupid and a waste of money, ive learnt from exprience, although it did work once, off purple yosemites earlier this year ; ). I usually pill every one to two weeks, but it all depends if theres a party to go to or something.

always test w/at least 2 reagents, often retest, even with pure powder and regardless of source.

and always consult pillreports, as well as contributing my experinces to same.

...while my very educated, urbane, masterful and even doctored friends NEVER DO, although they welcome my input and test results if relevant to their chosen poison.

2 days in a row - hardly ever these days, although in younger and very misguided attempts to utilise MDMA as an antidepressant, used daily for stretches of over 30 days, even though i knew better. alas to say, it did not work as intended in the long term.

Last edited:
I care enough that I've stopped taking MDMA because of it's neurotoxic potential.

Before that I always tested my pills and never took them two nights in a row. I don't think BL is a representative sample of the drug using community though.

Never taken more than about one a month. Never taken something I don't have trusted anecdotal evidence about. I always take safety as my primary concern. I can think of better ways to kill myself than drug induced coma or dehydration.

Frankly I can't believe these 'intelligent urban hipsters' take that kind of attitude - for me theres nothing cooler than somebody who looks out for his friends and exercises a bit of intelligence in choosing what he takes. There is nothing scummier than the uninformed drug munter who will take anything in any quantity he can get into his system.

Test your pills to keep yourself safe, test your pills to keep your friends safe, but most of all, test your pills so you KNOW what you are doing. A fully informed and rational individual is a powerful political force in a Liberal society. Further, a person who can take drugs, and still maintain a strong grip on reality and his own safety is much, much cooler than a fuckwit who doesn't care or doesn't know enough to know that he should care.

I find moreso every day that the idiot munters start to wish they could be the informed types as they get older. Theres a lot more than just harm minimisation you can learn about with a bit of know how too!

I thrive on the idea of being a drug-nerd, although the contradiction in itself is what truely aspires me.
=D
This is namely due to almost everyone I know not giving a shit what goes into their bodied, just as long as it is round and is sold as 'a pill' it satisfies their prerequisites.
Although I do not test my pills very frequently (I bought a friend Marqui for her birthday but it recieves no use), I always make sure I check Pillreports, Perth Pills and any other sources before taking.
I do not usually take the opinions of those around me seriously as they are usually just seeking a state of fuckedness, rather than an MDMA high.
With reguard to frequency, I have never pilled over more than one night and very rarely flip more than once a month (although at times, i.e. holidays, I have been known to indulge more frequently).
I make sure i'm healthy and have a stockpile of supplements (unfortunately seemingly always lacking the essential 5-htp) before dropping and always make an effort and raves to educate randoms about safer ecstacy use.
=D
IF ONLY THERE WERE MORE WHO CARED ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE BEING SUPPLIED AND LESS IN SEARCH OF ANY OL' HIGH.
I think BT summed it up best.
BigTrancer said:
I keep saying it: Despite what you might think and read about as being 'normal' experiences on BL, a very large majority of people in society out there consider illicit drug use (or even the use of any substances to get "high") as being pretty-far-from-normal... and that is not gonna change unless people are responsible with their drug knowledge (ie. both its use and dissemination).

BigTrancer :)
=D
PEACE

I have one regular source for acid and pills, and occasionally buy pills from strangers and friends with surplus. With acid, there's only a handful of substances it's likely to be so I trust my contacts. With pills, I test every batch I encounter. Pop every month (more during holiday breaks). Pre/postload every time. In short, take care of myself.

I've introduced a few people to bluelight and/or erowid who I think could really do with the information. One of them was a heroin addict (hopefully still isn't), one I plan on tripping with, one who wants to get into ice and I'm afraid might fuck up on it. I take care of my friends too.

One of my friends told me his dealer told him there was cocaine in some pills he bought. This coming from someone who offered to split a bulk order with me. I promptly debunked this myth. That boy has been kept in the dark about a lot of things, I should send him here.

I've got a lot of friends who are adamantly against drugs. While I try to convince them that they're really not all bad, I respect their choice, even though I'd love to pop pills with the lot of them. Well, three years left in my uni course, a lot happens in three years...

My bf and i test our pills.

i think everyone most people are careless until they have a rude shock and realise they aren't immortal.

I care, probably so much it annoys some of my friends ;)

I've got a couple of different test kits and I've put more than one dealer onto them. It takes a bit of convincing but when they realise it can save them getting stuck with a whole heap of crap they see the benifits.

I'll often preach to my friends about whats in this or that. Try to dispel myths in our late night tweaking sessions. Most don't soak it up at first but after a while of me harping on about the same things they probably realise I'm not totally full of crap ;)

Pointing people to bluelight or pillreports is a good start usually, then after a while you find your discussing postloading with 5htp with someone who used to think his pills were really smacky =D