• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How many people actually care?

BT -- apparently being dead is either nerdy or cool. I'm yet to decide which.

When I started using drugs (pills, speed, etc) I tested most of my pills, but thats about it. Over the past year I have been very strict with my HR/HM techniques.
I do as much research as possible as to what is on the market, and what other users have experienced. I always make sure I hook up my pills ahead of time, so I can properly test them, and I always post results on pillreports. I wouldn't take a pill I had not personally tested. I never roll less than 8 weeks between pills. It is extremely rare for me to have more than 1 or 1.5 pills in a night. I always post-load with vitamins, good food, water, and 5-htp.

My friends think that I am like an old "grandpa" or something - all up-tight about my drug use. They have said to me that they feel there is no point in taking drugs, if you are going to be so up-tight, strict, and careful about it all the time. It seems that part of the thrill of taking illicits is the "risk-factor" - according to some of my friends anyway. Its weird - these people are my friends because I have so much in common with them, but sometimes it makes me wonder when they are "showing off", and comparing, the scabs in their nostrils from snorting too much powder :(

Don't get me wrong, I have been very stupid with my drug-use in the past; taking too much, too often, without testing, polydrug use, etc etc. But over time (and it didn't take that long), my attitutde towards it all changed, and now I think, if I'm going to take a risk in taking an illicit and potentially dangerous (and lets face it, it will always have risks), why not do it in the safest way I can? Why take unnecessary risks?

I suppose thats a contradiction in itself - taking the drug in the first place could be deemed an "unnecessary risk".

I don't know, but it helps me feel more responsible about my drug-use.

erokr

I don't test anymore personally (some bastard stole my tester at a recent party) , but I won't buy pills that havent been tested and/or that I haven't heard any word about.

Not eating them very often means I get to let other people guinea pig for me.
If my friends start dying or ending up in hospital, I'll know to wait a little and not eat those pills

yeah, most the pilling population arent really into the internet i spose.... but i think more and more people are.
...The biggest difference ive noticed these days is that people used to plan ahead for what parties to go to and what they will be taking that night (im sure most people here do) But more and more i find myself talking to people that only decided to go out on that night and had hooked up with a source at the venue (toilet ques are so big now days lol)..... more people are caring about harm reduction, but more people are also will to go get munted without a plan.

I know this is kind of a stupid thing to say... but, yes there have been times where I have NOT tested my pills (esp. in the past, heh!) and I know it's not really a good idea to not be testing EVERY-TIME!! But alot of the time my peers... or my environment will affect my decisions (again...stupid, I know...) and I just won't bother.

But, after confessing that... I will always reccomend to anyone, that if they're unsure of what they're about to ingest, it really is a good idea to test their pills.
It's not going to totally annihilate any of the risks associated with drug-abuse/taking, but it sure as hell helps the user make a more wiser decision.

But, I still keep on telling myself that testing "once in a while" isn't the way about it... you have to test ALL times. Easier said than done though.

I'm a geek, but a safe geek. Only pill I've eaten without testing was my very first, shortest time between pills has been a month, average is 3 months, consumption is generally just one, occasionally two. But that's me - I'm from a science background and I take my chemicals seriouly. I actually quite enjoy doing the research and learning what impacts my decisions will have on my body. I want to know how to be reasonably safe while at the same time prodding my brain in interesting ways!

I know plenty of Bluelighters who still don't test, still eat pills that don't test up well, dose far too high or far too often to be healthy and are perfectally happy that way. The attitude seems to be they don't want to think about their fun. I guess the difference is that I find thinking and knowledge fun. I u sed to get worked up and try to make people see the error in their ways, then I realised it was a waste of time :(

*shrug*

I always test. I never take pills two nights in a row, and I always make sure I have a lengthy recovery period of at least 3 days with no responsibilities (work etc) as it takes me a while to get back to feeling normal. I always pre and post load with antioxidant's, and make sure to get to bed the morning after the night before.:)

When I first started taking pills, testers didn't exist, we knew very little about potential negative effects from MDMA and I was young enough that I could recover a lot more quickly. Ah, the wisdom of age! ;)

i do not test biccies
i do not take in 2 nights in a row,
i read pill reports
see what other people think of the pills and stuff
then make up my own mind on them...

My attitudes have changed over time. When I first became aware of HM, I got right into it and before long it was habit. I was never big on 5-HTP, in fact I think I've only had it half a dozen times; I've always been sceptical of it. I tend to opt for sleep, antioxidants, fruit, yoghurt and a multivitamin as both pre & post-loading mesaures. I never tested religously.

My old sources were (generally) decent guys who read Bluelight and Erowid rather extensively. One of them was so consistent (never delivered anything that wasn't MD, ever) that after a few months I didn't even ask about the gear, or test. In hindsight it seems there was danger inherent in such an arrangement; a bunk/dangerous pill could easily have slipped through without any questions asked.

I'll confess to a few rather unhealthy binges, but I think most of us have one or two to our names. Live and learn is my attitude in that respect.

:)