• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How has the Liberal to Labor change affected the recreational drug scene?

gumby11

Bluelighter
How has the Liberal to Labour government change affected the recreational drug scene? Im not talking policy and statistics wise, but socialy and psychoscematicaly? Please discuss.

Psychosomatically? As in, people having showing symptoms of an illness they don't actually have, it's all in their mind?

Uh...I don't think the election win has changed anything. Some drug users may be happier cause they won, some sadder because they lost.

Policy is really what would have made a change amonst recreational users, and so far it seems that Labor is not straying from the same line pushed by both parties since...well, the last 200 years really.

Kinda sad, actually.

Ahh fair enough, nice response. I was just looking for a bit of humour on a boring Sunday evening.

I feel a bit safer because I haven't heard the new PM rave on about how bad drugs are yet. All I heard was the to be health minister say "we're standing by tough on drugs" BEFORE the election

Sweet thats good news, it shows that labour can lie as well as liberals but possibly for our benefit.

hopefully the cunts will reduce alcohol taxes, cos at the moment heaps of aussie beers are being brewed with lowered alcohol %, just so the breweries can make more money. VB, Carlton Draught, Emubitter - all the classics are gettin to the point of a waste of my time like midstrength beer.

thats not possible because of the stress alcohol puts on the hospitals. I don't understand why alcohol is so taxed in america, at leats its taxed here for a reason. programs and centres to stop alcohol abuse, withdrawal clinics and hospital costs for the overwhelming amount of people drinking themselves stupid or worse, killing themselves and getting fucking kidney and liver transplants when they dont deserve it

whats this about alcohol % lowered though??

Its been 4.6 for a full strength beer for half a decade at leats now.. Used to be 4.9% i think per 375ml bottle

EmuBitter said:
hopefully the cunts will reduce alcohol taxes, cos at the moment heaps of aussie beers are being brewed with lowered alcohol %, just so the breweries can make more money. VB, Carlton Draught, Emubitter - all the classics are gettin to the point of a waste of my time like midstrength beer.

At least your not buying importer beer on the impression it's being brewed overseas 8o

Rudd is still very much a conservative, I don't think drug policy will be changing a great deal anytime soon.

Splatt said:
whats this about alcohol % lowered though??

Its been 4.6 for a full strength beer for half a decade at leats now.. Used to be 4.9% i think per 375ml bottle

i think it was Carlton United breweries that lowered the alcohol content of several beers in order to pay less alcohol tax. VB is an example it used to be 4.9 a year or so ago now its 4.8. Emubitter used to be 4.6 now its 4.5. carlton draught used to be 4.9 now its 4.6 but i, not sure when this changed. im pretty sure theres more.

Well thats interesting. I don't drink anymore so I didn't notice that. Fuckers!

Srsly though. I think it's naive to think that a change in political party is going to change the drug laws. Like someone said earlier in this thread, Rudd is a conservative like Howard. No doubt he will continue with the 'war on drugs'.

I don't think there will be much of a change. However, Nicola Roxon (health minister) seems to have her head screwed on straight so I don't think we are going to see any stupid crusades.

EmuBitter said:
i think it was Carlton United breweries that lowered the alcohol content of several beers in order to pay less alcohol tax. VB is an example it used to be 4.9 a year or so ago now its 4.8. Emubitter used to be 4.6 now its 4.5. carlton draught used to be 4.9 now its 4.6 but i, not sure when this changed. im pretty sure theres more.

Who really cares ... the change is so small that the level of standard drinks (to one decimal place) in the first two mentioned beverage stays the same (e.g. still 1.4 for VB).

In regards to the original question, though there really hasn't been any major (or for that matter, any) changes in drug policy thus far, one needs to remember that the liberal party had planned to get even "tougher" on drugs, presumably by wasting millions on more anti-drug campaigns and increasing penalties for those using.

One thing Ive noticed in Queensland is I havnt seen any of the anti pot, meth and ecstasy advertisments on tv since the government change. The only adds of this type Ive seen are the anti violence in clubs/pubs in the street presses which are aimed at alcohol drinkers.

u still see em in club toilets, like the posters.. normally kicked in so the plastic is cracked by some meth head.

Anna is doing the tough on drugs thing though. Remember MDMA/MDA/MDEA and PMA was moved up to Schedule I last year around the time the busses came out (what happened to those btw?), along with other phenethylamines i believe. Also Valium and other benzos are now illegal to possess without a script, where in the past it was legal (as doctors can just hand them out if they desire) unless it was injectable form.

I remember reading not too long ago in the SMH that alcohol and tobacco prices are set to go UP, as they are pegged to the inflation rate or another indicator of economic growth. Increased economic growth = more expensive booze and cigz :(

i recon unless the fukin greens win loads more seats the drug laws arent gonna change too much in a hurry.

bring back little johnny

does anyone here recall what the state Labor governments have done in NSW and VIC?

well...for starters they introduced roadside drug testing and freakin sniffer dogs!

Labor ain't called Labor for nothing. they'll make us drug users labour some more. and remember, the Liberal Party aren't called liberals for nothing now.... are they?

allah akbar you fucking infidels! :)