How do you hold on to motivation?

How to stay motivated with a fucked up life, when you lost all you had and whatever you'd do, the next 10 years you'll just work for to get parts back of what you've lost and gave away out of weakness, fear, stupidity? How to get rid of these senseless hurting memories and thoughts? Of feeling alone and of having lost.

It's all and always little mistakes, that other people or institutions take to justify other, bigger mistakes and claims. This makes me feel angry and hopeless, to accept and swallow, which becomes the next mistake. They sum up over time and grow into gross proportions.

I'm on probation with around 10+ criminal records, most either drug related or shit I made while sober as fuck so no visa for other country either, have no job and no papers to get one but so or so they'd take away whatever I'd earn, lost my savings and inheritance - only a minority to drugs, a social worker screwed up health insurance, acted against my will and his promise - fucked credit score so no apartment the next 15 years, hate shared as always trouble (last time found drugs and forced me to flush all or he'd call the cops) - unlimited driving ban (usual practice here, not that I did sth crazily bad) - gf (ex druggie turned conservative) left me cause of having problems with police, almost all my belongings went with her.. she inherited like 900k, not that she was poor.. drug dependence and even more problems with sobriety (would go and suicide myself I guess or be locked up in psych ward but of course I don't tell that).. Yeah, no real friends either these days, some few ones are scattered over the continent but nobody here and now.

All began with my mother being schizo, father absent, no kindergarten, no siblings, no contact to normal people - authorities do their part by makin-g police to put me into children's psychiatry (not like today, was more like a boarding school, no therapy at all but a bunch horribly violent and crazy kids) for 3 years straight until I believed this was normality - then back into regular school where thanks to a neighbour kid all knew about me and mam.. First I had great marks but teacher decided against high school. Then too depressed for an apprenticeship, nobody cared.. I know people go though much worse and some keep their mental health but well that's then not me. Or, dunno, wish I had become some emotionless psychopath 🤔

Sorry for rambling 😐

It's just, first I had the anxiety, tension, shyness etc.. Then I managed that somehow but other problems came. They grew and grew and today really without drugs I'd do shit and they want to take them away and people all say it's for my best......

Countless attempts about therapy, meds, integration etc.. Sometimes I think with a little study I could work myself in these jobs. At least I knlin advance what theyll tell me and that it won't work.

I think discipline is more important than having motivation itself. If you can establish discipline with healthy practices, your work etc, you don't have to "think" you just "do". The positivity and improvements you reap start coming as you maintain said discipline. This begets motivation and it snowballs. Ime, it starts with small, attainable, implementable systems that you set up and just do. Regardless of how "motivated" you're feeling. It's painful, but the only was to maintain motivation over time ime. It also becomes less painful over time as you actually gain motivation! :) GL

it started with a xanax-prescription in the year 2008. i didnt know what that is, but i makes me so supercalm, it is still my favourite one. the physician prescribed me once per month my 50.5 pieces. a long time i took this 50 all over the weekend. years. i was never interested in shops or the darknet or whatever, but i met somebody who was so kind to order something for me.

and with the time, until now: i have 10 1litre-bottles standing here and doing them because what else to do. yeah, pls don't come with sports or anything else. not possible. first i have to get rid of these RC-Benzos or at aminimum.

lets see....

I'm hopeful. also because of a new place to work as a freelancer.

JJ

it started with a xanax-prescription in the year 2008. i didnt know what that is, but i makes me so supercalm, it is still my favourite one. the physician prescribed me once per month my 50.5 pieces. a long time i took this 50 all over the weekend. years. i was never interested in shops or the darknet or whatever, but i met somebody who was so kind to order something for me.

and with the time, until now: i have 10 1litre-bottles standing here and doing them because what else to do. yeah, pls don't come with sports or anything else. not possible. first i have to get rid of these RC-Benzos or at aminimum.

lets see....

I'm hopeful. also because of a new place to work as a freelancer.

JJ

I agree, alprazolam was the gold standard for me, been off them except for the minute half lives for over a half decade. One of the things I loved was alprazolam's tendency to not to cause depression.

I've had crushing deep down depressive lows throughout my life but I've also had some BEAUTIFUL ecstatic happy times. I remember when i was about 9-10 back in 05' going to the beach on a sunny weekend day with my dad. mom and bro. I was truly happy back in those days, eating ice cream, sunbathing, playing with my brother, eating some gooood peruvian food. God I cherish those days with all my heart. For me that was the happiest time of my life, those memories just make it worth it. And there's many more to come, I know it...deep down my heart.

I've had crushing deep down depressive lows throughout my life but I've also had some BEAUTIFUL ecstatic happy times. I remember when i was about 9-10 back in 05' going to the beach on a sunny weekend day with my dad. mom and bro. I was truly happy back in those days, eating ice cream, sunbathing, playing with my brother, eating some gooood peruvian food. God I cherish those days with all my heart. For me that was the happiest time of my life, those memories just make it worth it. And there's many more to come, I know it...deep down my heart.
nzity, I envy your youth. I know it seems like harmless fun now, just be aware that the bill comes later. Like I told my daughter growin up ( she's 24) get your career and personal path on track, then party like a rockstar. Called Fruits of Labor for a reason my friend.

Unfortunately meth/amphetamines just make me want to furiously masturbate for 12 hours. Very unproductive and sometimes leads to injury... :(

I get that with meth (12 hours I’m only just getting warmed up) but fortunately not with prescribed doses of dex - though I still need to rub one out at the end of the day if I want to sleep.

Perhaps i should take my ADHD-meds again? I normally take them just when i have to work.... I try it tomorrow morning, hopefully it helps to push my Dopamine a bit :)

JJ

And also just the "Being-inside" - i cannot bear that with my ADHD - i HAVE TO run around but I can't like I would. Ah fuck it, I call my Psychiatrist tomorrow.

JJ

I get really motivated to change my life, habits and whatever when I wake up and throughout the day, but once I get home it's back to getting drunk and high - I'm the fucking champ at that!

I don't understand how healthy successful people STAY motivated....
I just got tired of the cycle... I got tired of losing friends because I would get so nasty when I was drunk, I got tired of ending up having to move when the people I was staying with could no longer handle my behavior (I am fortunate that I never spent one night in a shelter or on the street but there were times I had to do things I’m not proud of to make sure I had a roof over my head), I got tired of waking up feeling like I couldn’t breathe until I got a drink in me... I got tired of blowing hundreds of dollars a month despite drinking the cheapest vodka I could get. I got tired of my family and friends worrying if I would survive the year...

Most of all, I just got tired of hating myself. The more negative I felt about myself, the worse my benders were.

I literally just woke up July 1st, 2017 and said enough is enough. I detoxed myself with Valium (went through probably 100mg that first day since I had been on a bender for about three weeks and I KNOW I would have seized if I didn’t have the Valium there) and that was the end of it. I drank NYE because my roommates were out of town and I thought I could get off scot-free but I started 2018 in bed for a week. Haven’t had that desire since. Kindling is a real thing and it’s a bitch. Decided it was time to get off the benzos too so I started tapering 2/2018.

Now I am just tapering off my Valium and once that’s done, hopefully next August, I’m done. I may do mushrooms once in awhile but even that I’m not too interested in. Also in 2018 I decided to fix my credit and just this month got my last FICO 8 past 760 and I have been putting money in savings. As I tackle the agoraphobia, I want to reward myself with food at good restaurants and then eventually start traveling. My motivation is that I want better than I had before (and what I had before was already better than expected for someone who grew up how I did) and I truly believe that I deserve to have a happy and fulfilling life.

Once you become laser focused on what you want for yourself, and you build a roadmap to that vision of yourself, sobriety is a lot easier. Your motivation has to be your desire for something better for yourself. Every time I quit before, I was being motivated by others - not wanting my sister to have to bury me, for example. I failed every time until I decided that I was doing it for me. I have never had a period of sobriety where I didn’t have intense cravings but I can honestly say that I have zero and I firmly believe that my desire to do this for myself is why.

Unfortunately meth/amphetamines just make me want to furiously masturbate for 12 hours. Very unproductive and sometimes leads to injury... :(

Same. All stimulants are actually unproductive for me. The only drugs which actually motivate me are opiates, cannabinoids and psychedelics.

-GC

Same. All stimulants are actually unproductive for me. The only drugs which actually motivate me are opiates, cannabinoids and psychedelics.

-GC

Same, low/medium doses of opi's and benzos do wonders for me. I often clean up the house and do chores and stuff.

For some reason certain benzos have paradoxical stimulation for me. Like the last few days I was popping 2-3 Valiums and didn't sleep at all. Didn't want to or feel tired. Not sure why that happens.

Alcohol is also a stimulant for me, which is probably why I had such a problem with it

Same, low/medium doses of opi's and benzos do wonders for me. I often clean up the house and do chores and stuff.

For some reason certain benzos have paradoxical stimulation for me. Like the last few days I was popping 2-3 Valiums and didn't sleep at all. Didn't want to or feel tired. Not sure why that happens.

Alcohol is also a stimulant for me, which is probably why I had such a problem with it

If alcohol was a pure stimulant for me I’d be the worst alcoholic this planet ever seen. That was the one major drawback for me, I’d akways get ruthlessly tired 6-8hrs in no matter what I did.

-GC