Info How do you “ Like “ a post

I'm sorry if I'm oblivious to this but I cant find how to like or thumbs up somebody's post on a thread.

I only see the option to share, bookmark, report, quote, reply...

but can't react to posts?

Is it because I'm new? Thanks

Make 7 more posts/comments to make lol, keep chatting away random shit and you can start liking

On the logical side it's a bad system, especially here at Bluelight where the main focus it's harm reduction. This being said, in the bottom corner of your screen you will find 3 buttons ( Quote/Reactions/Reply and last but not least, "Report". Hope you find your way here, If the buttons doesn't show up I think you know how to clear browser cookies/cache. Stay safe and welcome.

50 posts, eh? Unless I start randomly interjecting just for the sake of it, it could take quite a long time to reach 50 posts. It's an odd system. On sites with conditions, I have usually seen the opposite, where posting is a privilege earned once certain requirements or durations are met. Here, the rule is basically, you need to prove you can run off at the mouth before you are allowed to express appreciation for anything you read. Okie doke.

50 posts, eh? Unless I start randomly interjecting just for the sake of it, it could take quite a long time to reach 50 posts. It's an odd system. On sites with conditions, I have usually seen the opposite, where posting is a privilege earned once certain requirements or durations are met. Here, the rule is basically, you need to prove you can run off at the mouth before you are allowed to express appreciation for anything you read. Okie doke.
Yeah dude just chime in, everyone is friendly here :) think of the reactions as a nice bonus once you hang around for a while

The reasoning is as follows:

Anyone speed posting to 50 will be seen for what they are doing, and watched closely as a possible troublemaker (what's the real NEED to get to BLer?)
BLers used to have certain other perks, like more Private Message capacity, but you shouldn't need that until you've established friendships, which take some time.
GLers used to have more restrictions on how many posts they could make and how fast - as a means to slow down spammers, but we've changed our tools for this these days.

I get your point, how it encourages speed-spam posting. But to access reactions, really? That function is that critical?

Btw, the reactions have only been added to the site within the past 12mo. Preventing GLers from doing so was also a conscious decision to prevent folks from registering alt accounts just to pump up their own posts. The 50 post criteria is a long standing rule for our site. Like, nearly since inception.

I get your point, how it encourages speed-spam posting. But to access reactions, really? That function is that critical?

I could see it discouraging new users because they feel left out but I understand why it's restricted. Maybe it could be changed to base it off time?

For example; You can give likes if you're:
  1. Using an account with BLer status
  2. Using an account with GLer status that has been registered for at least three days
Something like that. I know it took me awhile to reach BLer status when I first signed up with this account. I didn't contribute too often because I didn't have much to say, avoided social threads, and wouldn't respond to questions if someone has already answered them.

Reactions: CFC