• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Numbers and Where they Come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontbluntt

Bluelighter
So I'm sure I;m wrong, but this is what I currently guess:

#4 is china white?
#3 is Afghan brown powder?
#2 is Mexican black tar?
#1 is just unrefined crude product?

I know I'm wrong but what is it really?

Also, is there anybody that likes pure white better than tar? It seems like the lack of 6-MAM and 3-MAM would make it feel lacking in both high and rush (as you can tell I can only get BTH)

Thanks!

I think it's a reference to how many times it's processed from raw opium, I can't remember exactly...

It's funny, because I googled this exact same question years ago, and ended up hitting on a BL thread, which is how I think most people end up here!

I'll have to check, it may be in the OD directory somewhere, and I know there's some info about elsewhere online, but I don't remember seeing and definitive chart or anything like that...

I'm interested to see where this goes, as these threads seem to turn into heated debates!

Last edited:
All the numbers mean is how refined the heroin is.

The DEA outlined it a long time ago, so the numbers today really don't mean shit, not many people actually follow them or care. Things have changed a lot since they came up with the numbers.. for example, back then they said that heroin #2 was heroin base, when today everyone considers #3 the heroin base.. but in the 70's, the DEA considered heroin 3 to really still be #4 but just made conducive for smoking. Number 1 would just be morphine freebase.

So, today most people look at the numbers a #4=purest form of H, #3 freebase UK dope, #1 and 2 are the least refined H out there, with #1 being basically just morphine.

Then there is BTH, which is kind of in a class of i's own.. because technically it's not really even actually heroin/diacetylmorphine. It's a mixture of lesser morphine derivates, lesser acetylated derivates, mostly 6-MAM and 3-MAM.

So basically the moral of the story.. is that the numbers don't mean shit and nobody cares.. hah.

All the numbers mean is how refined the heroin is.

The DEA outlined it a long time ago, so the numbers today really don't mean shit, not many people actually follow them or care. Things have changed a lot since they came up with the numbers.. for example, back then they said that heroin #2 was heroin base, when today everyone considers #3 the heroin base.. but in the 70's, the DEA considered heroin 3 to really still be #4 but just made conducive for smoking. Number 1 would just be morphine freebase.

So, today most people look at the numbers a #4=purest form of H, #3 freebase UK dope, #1 and 2 are the least refined H out there, with #1 being basically just morphine.

Then there is BTH, which is kind of in a class of i's own.. because technically it's not really even actually heroin/diacetylmorphine. It's a mixture of lesser morphine derivates, lesser acetylated derivates, mostly 6-MAM and 3-MAM.

So basically the moral of the story.. is that the numbers don't mean shit and nobody cares.. hah.

Wait but BTH has some actual diacetylmorphine content too right? It's not just 6-MAM and 3-MAM right? Cuz BTH is all I've done and do. I had heard the purest BTH ever had heroin content up to like 80% or something

Today's double numberwang is... heroin. Let's rotate the board!

The way I always heard it, it comes from the stages of processing. #1 is morphine/mixed poppy alkaloid from the plant, #2 is low quality heroin base, #3 is purified heroin base for smoking, #4 is heroin hydrochloride for snorting/injection. #3 and #4 are most common.

Realistically though, it's just an obsolete drug trade name.

Nit picking: There's small amounts of diamorphine in BTH, doubly so if it's just opium treated with acetic anhydride, and heroin itself is converted to monoacetylmorphines almost instantaneously, so there shouldn't be much reason to bother with tar over powder.

Nit picking: There's small amounts of diamorphine in BTH, doubly so if it's just opium treated with acetic anhydride, and heroin itself is converted to monoacetylmorphines almost instantaneously, so there shouldn't be much reason to bother with tar over powder.

How about powder being unobtainable ;)

Today's double numberwang is... heroin. Let's rotate the board!

The way I always heard it, it comes from the stages of processing. #1 is morphine/mixed poppy alkaloid from the plant, #2 is low quality heroin base, #3 is purified heroin base for smoking, #4 is heroin hydrochloride for snorting/injection. #3 and #4 are most common.

Realistically though, it's just an obsolete drug trade name.

So BTH isn't considered by most to be heroin at all?
That's all I can get in the south so have I never actually done heroin?

Last edited:
^If your long-term health is of no concern, it's great! if i had been using tar instead of powder for the whole time I've done heroin, I wouldn't have limbs!

^If your long-term health is of no concern, it's great! if i had been using tar instead of powder for the whole time I've done heroin, I wouldn't have limbs!

I understand the dangers kind sir I am simply curious about whether BTH is considered actual heroin or not because I thought that BTH was just heroin+3-MAM+6-MAM, thus in my logic it seemed BTH would have a stronger, more diverse high. I didn't know it might not have any heroin at all!

Also, powder doesn't exist in the South near Mexico, only tar. So not everyone has the luxury of choosing :(

I think that's quite a jump, depending on the purity of the tar, and if you used a syringe filter. If you utilized the latter, I would see no difference between injecting other heroin powdered salts.

^I used tar when I lived out west, so I'm not judging you...I don't what it has in it, but it definitely feels like heroin!

^I used tar when I lived out west, so I'm not judging you...I don't what it has in it, but it definitely feels like heroin!

I only IVed it for a month or two. Big mistake, and bad technique with no real filter. Since I've only done it rectally which seems to waste it a lot more, but that's what you get if you don't wanna shoot it. Syringes kinda disgust me unless I had a vial of pharmaceutical something or rather.

It definitely has diamorphine in it, and other incomplete acetylation products. It must, this gross vinegar smell is from the degradation of acetyl anhydride to acetic acid. The quality of stuff I get, 3 points plugged feels like 100mg of oxycodone, which isn't too bad, bur pretty impure. 300mg of pure diamorphine would feel more like 2-300mg of oxycodone.

I only IVed it for a month or two. Big mistake, and bad technique with no real filter. Since I've only done it rectally which seems to waste it a lot more, but that's what you get if you don't wanna shoot it. Syringes kinda disgust me unless I had a vial of pharmaceutical something or rather.

It definitely has diamorphine in it, and other incomplete acetylation products. It must, this gross vinegar smell is from the degradation of acetyl anhydride to acetic acid. The quality of stuff I get, 3 points plugged feels like 100mg of oxycodone, which isn't too bad, bur pretty impure. 300mg of pure diamorphine would feel more like 2-300mg of oxycodone.

People here have been shooting it their whole lives and no one's been harmed simply bc they were using BTH instead of powder. Deaths are almost always overdoses, but that could be from any type of heroin (especially the east coast bags cut w/ Fentanyl... that's fucked).
Actually on wiki I was just reading BTH IV users are at a lower risk for disease and death because they are required (although I don't do this) to heat their shots and melth the tar thereby killing pathogens. There's plenty of arguments... tar is worse for your veins, powder is easier to cut, blah blah blah...

At least we do, however, differ in that I have a solid technique and always filter. By keeping to a strict code of site rotation I think you can keep your beautiful skin as long as you want! (oh and using 31's doesn't hurt haha). Also, I've found the pull-out has a lot to do with the scarring or marks. Don't be so impatient people! Make sure you have no tie on and slide out the same angle it went in! ---This reminds me that today I read something that if you inject with the tie still tight (I do, for the rush and so it won't slip out and lead into a fury of coagulation), it causes much more bruising/marks than if you remove the tourniquet before pushing down on that plunger.

What I wouldn't do to try some white though! Getting high with a clear liquid in the syringe instead of dark brown where it's hard for a newbie to see if there's blood in it, that must be so awesome. I just worry there's not a great "pins and needles" rush with the absence of 3-MAM and especially 6-MAM.

Last edited:
People here have been shooting it their whole lives and no one's been harmed simply bc they were using BTH instead of powder.

That's an extremely irritating statement to throw out there, that's offensive in it's misleading, double-talking wrongness! Just because nobody's death certificate says: "Cause of death: Used tar heroin instead of powder heroin", doesn't mean that complications caused by IVing tar that wouldn't have occured IVing powder has been responsible for many deaths!

Your question has been sufficiently answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.