• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin for pain relief, bad idea?

You're eating your Opana. I've banged it. BIG DIFFERENCE. really. oxymorphone is like 10-20% available by mouth, 100% by IV. Ive banged both, and that's why I can make the comparison.

If Opana was 100% available by mouth, they wouldnt make 40mg tablets, they'd be 10mg, tops.

and even oxymorphone isnt as euphoric as heroin, but it's close. and yes, everything you have heard about heroin's effects are true: being kissed by God, being surrounded by a blanket of warm titties, like every problem in the entire world has been solved, etc. That's one reason it's so goddamned addictive: how in the hell can any non-drug compete with those feelings?

If you read my post carefully, you'll notice I never actually said how I'm taking my meds. Not to lay it all out there but for the record, I am not taking it orally. Like I said, yes it's pretty nice but from all I've heard, it can't touch H; not even close. Thanks for the reply though.

I disagree with the can't touch H thing, completely the other way around, I would choose oxymorphone over heroin time probably every time given the choice. I don't endorse abusing either and I don't use opiates anymore but having done both and also somewhat relevant to this thread I also am a chronic pain patient AND former opioid addict who experimented to unimaginable lengths with all the options, and especially it's level of analgesia and ability to cope with pain, oxymorphone outperformed, outlasted, and was just as strong if not stronger than the heroin.

and yes, everything you have heard about heroin's effects are true: being kissed by God, being surrounded by a blanket of warm titties, like every problem in the entire world has been solved, etc. That's one reason it's so goddamned addictive: how in the hell can any non-drug compete with those feelings?

Tricomb, I'm talking about ^this^ description of H. I wasn't talking in any way of it's analgesic qualities. Like I said before, I've never heard anyone describe taking Opanas in the same blissful manner before.

I totally get what you're saying but I kind of look at the Opanas as a really good pain med that certainly "can" be abused and most say it's quite enjoyable. Whereas, most folks take H in a more recreational (to get high, followed quickly by trying to "stay well") and the analgesic part is a nice side-effect. Does that make sense?

If you read my post carefully, you'll notice I never actually said how I'm taking my meds. Not to lay it all out there but for the record, I am not taking it orally. Like I said, yes it's pretty nice but from all I've heard, it can't touch H; not even close. Thanks for the reply though.

you are correct, i made an assumption, based on you being on Opana 3-4 years. in my experience, one would not be on it that long if not eating it, iow, you'd fuck up long before 3 years if you were taking it any other way. my apologies and kudos to you.

and tricomb, some of the best highs ive ever had were from oxymorphone: I've called it the Rolls-Royce of opiates many times here. That said, good/great H does more for me than oxym does, tho the fact that oxym is the same every single time (i.e., never get burnt getting bad dope) is something that cannot be dismissed, especially these days.

If anyone is willing to send me some oxymorphone and heroin, i promise to post detailed trips reports regarding the two. :D

YES THAT"S A FUCKING AWFUL IDEA!!!

With a PRESCRIPTION PAINKILLER you know what the fuck your getting, how much, where it came from, and IF anything goes wrong, your family can SUE THE FUCK OUTTA BIG PHARMA.

With heroin, your trusting some fuckhead that "this powder is INDEED pure 100% heroin", yeah brother, and i'm Barack Hussien Obama's illegitimate son!
Fact is you don't know WHAT'S IN IT, WHAT its cut with, WHO TOUCHED IT & WERE THEIR HANDS CLEAN????
They probably took a shit while bagging it up!!

The only heroin for pain would be a good idea is if you could get a PRESCRIPTION from a MD, and have it filled at a PHARMACY, where you can trust the dumb son-of-a-bitch behind the counter!!!

STREET heroin is a bad idea, for pain OR for getting high, I tried it once and took the shit right back for a refund, and I learned my lesson of why you shouldn't trust drug dealers, unless it's just weed or something, cuz lets face it THEY CAN'T CUT WEED.

Lots of "heroin" is probably nothing more than somebody's grandmas dilaudids chopped up in a bag of lactose powder for all you know, but I doubt most heroin in the U.S.A is even THAT good, it's probably just dried dogshit scraped from the shoes of Colombians....their dogs eat so much morphine that their shit is pretty potent, and most stupid americans, apparently DON'T KNOW THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

Sorry if I offended all you junkies who think that "my shit is pure, my guy has the best purest heroin in the U.S." well that may be, but it's still shit, and you don't know with any certainty what it is, unless you've ever been to Europe and seen 99%pure pharmaceutical-grade powdered heroin....

And Oxymorphone is waybetter than ANY smack you'll find the the USA, consider yourself lucky that you even have that....I actually prefer morphine to opana, maybe you could try a different PHARMACEUTICAL opiate, but none of that street smack, it's garbage....thank me later;)

Tricomb, I'm talking about ^this^ description of H. I wasn't talking in any way of it's analgesic qualities. Like I said before, I've never heard anyone describe taking Opanas in the same blissful manner before.

I totally get what you're saying but I kind of look at the Opanas as a really good pain med that certainly "can" be abused and most say it's quite enjoyable. Whereas, most folks take H in a more recreational (to get high, followed quickly by trying to "stay well") and the analgesic part is a nice side-effect. Does that make sense?

100%, my bad, I wrote my post in a hurry so I didn't get it the first time haha.

I totally get what your saying and I agree. It's recreational... at first....

Withdrawals from heroin is the worst thing on earth you can go through. It's like having the worst flu of your life while having all of your bones ache and hurt. You will be puking and shitting water all day. Not to mention sweating, hot and cold flashes, goosebumps, and HORRIBLE INSOMNIA. The insomnia is possibly the worst part. You will go weeks at a time without being able to sleep for an hour. It will be hell on earth. If you think wd from drinking some poppy tea is bad, you cannot even fathom how gnarly the wd from h is. It will make you wish you were dead. So in short. DO NOT DO HEROIN. it will ruin your life. Heroin does not care if you are trying to use it just to get rid of pain or if you are only planning on using it every now and then. It will fuck your life up. Badly. It does not matter if you have good discipline with other drugs you have experimented with. Nothing will compare to the physical and mental addiction that heroin causes. DO NOT USE FUCKING HEROIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate no legal doc will stop u cold turkey on a benzo unless u were on a really low dose . thats just madness

I was stopped off 3mg of kpin a day cold turkey. I missed an appt called the same day to reschedule and was told the dr would no longer see me because I no called/no showed. I said what if I had a seizure because I didn't have my meds and was told to go to the er, lmfao.

Just because it shouldn't happen doesn't mean it doesn't... And it happens a lot.

Regarding the euphoric qualities of H. First off, I've never done it but I watch a bunch of those - Drugs, Inc., Intervention and Addicted etc. shows and try to gain all the knowledge I can. Personally, I've been on Opana ER for the last 3-4 years and it pretty much does the trick for me (PM speaking) but it certainly does have the tiredness thing going for it and I really hate that side-effect. As for describing what it's like to take it, I'd never describe it as I've heard H described on the TV. Addicts use terms like, when I do a shot it's like a warmth comes over my whole body and I tingle from head to toe and it's like a warm blanket has enveloped me - pure ectasy. I mean Opana is nice but give me a break, it'll never come close to what I've heard about H. And that's exactly why H is SOOO much more addicting than almost any other drug. I mean, how do you compete with those feelings, right?

Snorting 40mg of Opana has eualed or topped most heroin highs I've had inside the USA, the one exception being some very, very pure afghani number 4 I had inside of russia that was so strong it made 80of opana look moderate. pure, fire dope will beat ANY other opiate, because it has no binders so you get much more of the drug, but comparing opana to your average street bag, it isn't even a comparison. for example I scored 2 grams of street H last thursday, went on a binge that night, on sunday, I took fifteen perococet 5's, and fifteen tramadol 37.5's and was actually slightly MORE blasted from the pharmecuticals, though the H was more euphoric.

on a case by case basis pharmecuticals are usually better than dope unless it is high uality, but if you have to pay ridiculous USA prices for pharms, it negates it's worth. i have state funded health insurance so I get a small amount of meds for chronic pain and supplement with heroin. the heroin lasts far longer, but its exponentially more expensive. then again, the stuff I buy is relatively weak, it takes .5 to a whole gram sniffed to get on good but once you are there.... it will last most of the night.

doing heroin for pain relief is a devil's gambit. if you have the money - go for it, but if you don't, and you are poor, it is better to climb the ladder through legit pain managment. that being said, I cant deal with the hassle of begging doctors to up me one lousy pill a day, so i spend far too much money on heroin. if you have experience with opiates in general heroin may or may not be a good option, but if you don't start injecting, stay safe, and learn to spread money out, and you can keep from being hooked, it can make your life a lot better.... or a hell of a lot worse. it makes mine better.

out of curiosity, because I always wonder, how did you make the move from oxy to dope? how did you find dope? I ask because when I think about it, if I didnt already surround myself w/ a circle of users throughout my life, I think drugs, esp. dope, would be hard to find. but I always hear/read/see these people who just happen to go out and pick u randomly one day. I always find it weird when I hear things like this.

maybe its just me, who knows.

scoring heroin usually takes a willfull person if you don't have those kinds of friends, but in all honesty if you have google and half an hour, you can find more information than you need to know on how to procure it. also, at a certain point in life you just "know" a junk neighboorhood when you walk past it, like bourroughs said, the dowser's wand stops and you just have a hunch. used to be you had to "ask around" your drug friends, but doing that gets the word out you are a junkie. truth is that pursuing heroin is dangerous, not safe and will lead you into extreme situations. i narrowly avoided going to prison in russia once. it's ultimately much better to avoid it all together. but if you have the willpower, you are street smart, can handle tense situations, and a relentless dopefiend... you can live it easily and get what you need. it will never be safe, but it takes a certain kind of person to live life pursuing drugs of this caibre, and usually that is a criminal / sociopathic mentality. anyone else simply cannot cut it. without my manipulation and "time to get the fuck outta here" and my fighting skills, i would have been dead countless times. still may be before the time has come.

Hmm, well no it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea if heroin was being given to you legally...I know that diamorphine is used as an effective pain reliever in European medical systems. Unfortunately the fact that it's illegal in the USA makes it ultimately a bad idea to use it as a pain reliever. Because ultimately it's a question of access...as far addiction goes, no it's not good to be addicted to a drug, but it's even worse to be in constant pain all the time. If I'm in large amounts of pain and even dulling the pain requires getting addicted to a drug, then I'll be an addict.

Snorting 40mg of Opana has eualed or topped most heroin highs I've had inside the USA,

you must only snort dope and not shoot, right? and you must not be snorting much.

I've shot through those 40MG Opanas at point like nothing and then would shoot a half G of dope and be rocked. then again, everyone is different, who knows, but would much rather have dope than opana; esp. the dope cut w/ fent.

if I had to choose a script over dope it would be dilaudid; those were some good shots. shot through about 90 of those before going back to dope at one point in life; that was after a brain surgery; so you'd think they'd have given me more but NOPE, absolutely not!