• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Basics. Need some info.

Anyone will tell you, there's no way to tell you how pure the heroin is that you're getting, or for that matter how much you should do. You'll have to have a junkie advise you. Heroin addicts usually aren't upstanding citizens, but they sure do know drugs.

You mentioned caps. Different regions of the United States have different ways of packaging the material. On the east coast it tends to come in wax bags marked with some sort of brand. The brands can help you differentiate between quality and shitty product, but you would be retarded to use these as a guide. In the Midwest gel caps I guess are common. Where I live, southern New Hampshire, our dope comes in regular old tied plastic bags.

I can't speak for the whole country, but the pricing scheme is supposed to go something like this. Let's call a dose of heroin a "unit". A "unit" of heroin, in whatever form you buy it, usually equates to .1 grams of heroin. This could be a 20 or a 10 or a "bag" or whatever, it's usually .1. This should be helpful, but it really isn't. The heroin can range in purity from 10% to 70% to 0%, or it could just be fucking Ovaltine. You never really know.

Buy a 20 bag and do that. If your are a vagina you can split it in half and try that out first, I'm sure you'll be fine either way.

Please don't be so disparaging, Keif'. My vagina digs fucking Ovaltine, and lots of it. And I'm very sensitive about that. ;)

I started out snorting it for about a year and then decided out of genuine curiosity to bang it. The rush was really nice, but anytime I've ever shot up I've gotten really sick about 7-8 hours afterwards. (Decided to stop doing it because of this, only did it 3 times.) Recently I've been freebasing about half a bag or so after snorting my usual 1-2 bags and find that the rush was very similar to banging it but without having the risks of needles, etc. I would definitely not recommend shooting up; it takes a lot of people down a dark, macabre road. Where I'm from (east coast), dope is sold as "stamps" which are $10 bags. My first time I snorted about half a bag and felt great. I do have a natural high tolerance though, so I would suggest snorting about 1/3 of the bag and waiting roughly 15 minutes or so to see how you feel.

Heroin IV isn't hard to stop using you guys... you just have to use it so much until it drives you to the point of suicide. Then if you are one of the lucky ones who survives trying to kill yourself many times, or just once very seriously, voila! You can now resist doing heroin or shooting up any drug ever again.

Lmao I actually think I"m going to sig this this is a great quote my friend.

^^ LOL - Loperamide... haha enjoy!

I take it you've never tried this. Hahahano. Whatever, more for us open minded folks to enjoy...

Really? I've never ever heard this. I know that when in serious WD mode, it helps with bathroom issues, just didn't know it could possibly get a first time opiate user fucked. I'm not saying you're wrong, its just that I have never heard of this before!

Lope can get someone who is suboxone dependant (@ 8mg/day) fucked up. Even someone with a serious tolerance, such as myself again, can readily get off on 150-200mg of loperamide. A opioid naive person could probably get off one somewhere between 75 and 100mg.

If you're interested in finding out more, here is a trip report @ 96mg. If you'd like to learn more just sift through my posts and you'll find enough info.

The interesting thing about lope is that, as long as you've been using opioids semi-regularly for a while, you don't get all that constipated from it. I.e. I can dose 200mg and take an extremely full bodied, satisfying shit 24 hours later.

And @XTCAKE: I actually had NO idea about this either, as I had only used up to 12mg to aid in w/d back when I used heroin. I was like most, just assuming it didn't do shit, except stop you from shitting, ostensibly for weeks. After coming across that trip report cited, I got curious. I was a couple weeks off dope, just about to get on suboxone, and I figured, okay, what the hell. Low and behold I was VERY please to learn how wrong my assumptions had been. Very pleased indeed. Regardless, thanks for being civil mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not that a person isnt aware of the perils of IVing when they decide to cross that line. Its, at least in my experience, that you've hit a wall that other methods either take forever to get u high (smoking) or that the amount you need to do is painful (snorting) and the method of choice either is impacting your health (coughing/respiratory infections/congestion/sinus infections) or just not doing it anymore. Trust me the decision to start doing dope, let alone shooting up went against every vow ive ever made to myself and i was in a dark place where that piece of my soul was less valuable than freedom from pain and a lil peace of mind. I was snorting a brick n a half - 2 bricks a day before i caved and it was only cause my drug buddy was shooting in front of me everyday for months. It desensitized me to the taboo and the first time he did it for me i instantly understood. I did a fifth of what i did and felt better than my normal dose. Now dont get me wrong im not recommending or condoning anyone cross this line which can never b uncrossed once u stick even ur pinky toe over. Its like someone told me once about alcoholism but it applies to iv'ing dope too, "Once you've become a pickle you can never go back to being a cucumber."

Yes I agree definitely do not ever use the needle. I live in a mobile home development and the needle users here are so bad and when they get sick they will do anything it takes to get it. I make it tinfoil ball like I would with weed and dump a couple cigarette ashes in it may be a little bit less then A quarter and Tamp it a little bit it down and poor half a bag at a time on so the heroin liquefies and then bonds with the ashes and you get more out of it.make sure when you make the bowl you folded in a way where the issues are not going to get in your mouth. Snorting it is A good way but dont not use a dollar bill because a lot of it gets stuck on the dollars I like to get slurpie straws and cut them down and make sure that the straw is as far up as you can so that you don't lose it in your nostril hairs.