• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Got Confidence...?

I think im pretty confident in my self but not to the point that I would be considered rude or anything. I think someone that walks with their head up and shoulders back is much more sexy and noticeable then someone who walks with their head down.
I could never do karaoke either, I can hardly sing to the radio infront of my boyfriend, let alone in front of other people.

Hmmm Confidence.....

I feel as if my life is hitting an all time low, i dont seem to have any confidence in myself.

I know its an unhealthy way to be, and im trying to right my wrong, somedays i just wish i could talk about it.

anyways hopefully a friend (girl, pretty much my bestfriend) will be around soon and maybe i'll spill my guts to her.

Sorry Original poster i feel like i havent answerd your questions, but i just had to get that off me chest :(

^ Um, this is really embarrassing, but i made this joke and now its gone horribly wrong on me and well, err, id just like to back out now if thats ok?

;)

I'd like to hand maddog the medal for the largest number of MILF seductions through their daughters on bluelight.

^ :) Hey - some guys were giving um their mums too ;)

SLM: heh, ya, i know. just entertaining myself with witless banter. oh, and your mums too good huh? (we'll see about that)

Are you confidant? yes.. i know who i am, and what makes me tick. when i know i can do something, i go for it..

Do you fake it? when out of my depth, i'll be confident.. i may be shaking in my boots, but i'll put up a shield.. so.. am i faking it?? not really.. cause i know i can pass a situation, so my "faking" is merely the early part of confidence..

Can you pick the fakers? can see through them like a book. hence why i'll quite often be obnoxious and in your face with some people from the moment i meet them.. i know they are pretending to be someone they are not, so i dig deep to find the real person... hi asha :D

Do you think confidant people are more attractive, or do they lose their charm? i prefer less confident girls... call it a power thing, i but i love helping girls who have low self esteem to discover that they really are a beautiful person, and to bring out that confidence in them..

Is your mum free for dinner tonight? not tonight. give her a call tomorrow..

Also wanted to ask what sitations shakes your confidence feeling alone.

Are you confident? Yes and no....I don't think of myself as being a confident person, but the kind of things I hear people stress about make me sit back and scratch my head that it could possibly be an issue. On the other hand, my close friends have seen me fall apart often enough to know that while I am generally pretty well-balanced, part of my crazy Gemini nature is to be an insecure nut as well...

Do you fake it? Never. If I am not confident in a situation you will know it. I may not necessarily be glaringly obvious about my insecurities, but I never hide them. I'm a very emotional person and my ability to lie about myself is not stronger than that.

Can you pick the fakers?meh, sometimes...I'm one of those annoying people who always sees the good side of everyone, so it usually takes me a while to pick up on their flaws...

Do you think confident people are more attractive, or do they lose their charm?Definitely more attractive. I am empathic generally towards people with low confidence, but attracted to people who display high confidence.

Also wanted to ask what sitations shakes your confidence: Being in over my head as far as class or social standing goes. Sit me at a train station with a bunch of drunk cunts at noon and I will make friends with them in minutes....put me at a dinner party and I'm suddenly the shrinking violet. I grew up in a low income family in a low income area, and a bit of that is always with me...part of me always feels that there's that class barrier, even if the other person doesn't.

Are you confident? Yes. Although when I was going through high school, and I was a little shit, I was more cocky than confident.

Do you fake it? Again, relating to the above example, I think I faked it by being really cocky (to the extent of pissing nearly everyone off that crossed paths with me).

Can you pick the fakers?
If I am around them long enough, yes.

Do you think confident people are more attractive, or do they lose their charm?
Confident people are attractive. Cocky/Arrogant cunts are not.

Am I confident? Much of the time from outside it looks like I am shy and reserved, but I pick my moments when to say something. Like when I am at work I put time and effort before I say something, rather than saying the first thing that comes to my head without thinking of the far reaching implications. I'm very different person and relaxed in my dialogue after a few drinks or when I am sitting down in a comfortable setting.

Are you confident?
Hell yes! It's hard not to be when you're this damn good =D ;)

I'm confident in most situations, especially the unknown. That sounds kind of weird, but I have confidence in my own abilities, which means that unknown situations offer a welcome challenge for me to see how I measure up.

I agree with Maxload, confidence is contagious, and it's true for yourself as well as for others. Once you see how well being confident in a certain situation works, you have greater confidence that it will work again next time. I know that I have gotten away with some bullshit stuff simply because I was confident enough about it that no-one thought to question me (works wonders when trying to walk/talk your way into somewhere you shouldn't be... the high rollers room at Melbourne Cup springs to mind :).

Do you fake it?
Not really. There are always situations where you can be a bit unsure of yourself, but the very act of throwing yourself into them anyway displays confidence. I don't pass up oppourtunities because I'm unsure of myself, there is only one way to find out if you can handle something.

Can you pick the fakers?
Depends how good they are at it. Some people are obviously putting on a show of bravado, whereas others that you might never pick could be shitting themselves on the inside.

Do you think confident people are more attractive, or do they lose their charm?
I know I'm more attracted to confident people, both in friendships and relationships. In a relationship, any partner of mine has to be confident enough to hold their own or I'm not interested.

Is your mum free for dinner tonight?
My mum said you're not welcome back after last time. She still hasn't managed to convice the cat to come down off the roof.

What situations shakes your confidence?
I'm not a huge fan of public speaking... well, I'm not a huge fan of giving speeches. I have no problems with getting up in front of a whole bunch of people I may or may not know and talking at them, but if I have to have a speech written out first then I'll likely be shaking on the inside as I am giving it.

Are you confident? I don't think so. I think I'm strong and a lot of people mistake this for confidence [as I once did.] I won't wuss out of difficult social situations... I've got some definite internal courage... however, there's always this niggling insecurity within me. I don't let it dictate my life... I'll still stand up and make that fucking speech, although I'm shaking like a leaf. And I'll do it again and again and again and again. I'll volunteer myself each of these times and I'll hate it each of these times.

Do you fake it? No, not really. If I'm drunk I might be acting all bravado but other than that... I act in accordance to how I feel. People seem to think I'm really intimidating... but I doubt it has anything to do with me faking confidence... since I prefer to observe in most [especially larger] social situations [ie. I'm quiet.] Larger social gatherings seem to do my head in... I normally can't believe the things I'm hearing from intelligent individuals, when they're in a group setting.

To quote Nietzche: "In individuals insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."

I think if most people detached to hear what was going on around them and what they were saying, they'd question themselves before speaking too :p.

Can you pick the fakers? Absolutely. That would be just about everyone, thank you sir. Pretty much anyone I can think of has some insecurity that, no matter how hard they try to hide it, it shows up. Of course, the extremes differ from mild to extreme. Also, a lot of people seem to mistake being extraverted and sociable with true confidence. NOT TRUE.

Do you think confident people are more attractive, or do they lose their charm? I think true confidence is the step before self-actualization. I think true confidence is a lot rarer than people make out. However, yes, I do find these people attractive. That said, I often find people who consider themselves confident because they're loud - unattractive. I prefer the company of people I consider to be wise... and these people could be hermits, or they could be the life of the party. It's irrelevant to me, really :).

Is your mum free for dinner tonight? Yes, but she's useless. She'll never think it's her turn to cook. And she'll probably be late, because she prefers to to spend her time after work - at work.

What situations shake your confidence? Similar to Raz. Just hanging out with people who don't appear, at the surface, to appreciate any way of life other than their own [which is generally a mediocre, typical existence... virtually straight from the book "how to live your life"]