• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Good starting dose of hydrocodone?

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
Okay I've searched and either I suck at searching or there are just way too many hydrocodone threads...

But I want a good opiate buzz. I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I've taken a 7.5, 5, and another 5 all spaced about 30 minutes apart and I'm feeling good... but I'm curious what a normal starting dose is?

you should be pretty good tonight

i personally take more.... but ive taken em before

out of curiosity, was it lortabs, vics or wat

generic lortab. 5/500 for 2 and 7.5/750 for the other.

And I took another... lol. I think I'm getting there.

i wouldn't go past 20 mgs hydrocodone if you have no tolerance... you're asking for nauseau.

before I got hooked on opiates 3 or 4 7.5's used to get me a real good buzz

Well I definitely had quite a buzz last night.

I'm not sure about whether or not it was totally pleasant though.

I was just wrapped in more of a blanket last night than I was the previous times I'd taken it and I was mildly hallucinating. The stomach upset is atrocious though.

Maybe I should find some opium haha.

The first time i took Hydro (or any opiate except cough syrup as a child), 5 mg of Hydro made me throw up. I had just had a surgery so I might have barfed with no pain meds.

if you weigh about 155 lbs, I think 2 or 3 5/500 mg hydro pills are great, on an empty stomach.

when I had no tolerance I wouldn't eat anything until about noon or 1 pm, when my stomach was grumbling and I was starving. I would chew up the pills (using my front teeth so the pill wouldn't get stuck in my molars). I would be feeling awsome in about 20 minutes.

any more than 15 mgs of hydro and it might not feel "better", you might feel a bit sick.

usually taking multiple pills over the span of a few hours doesn't really increase the buzz, nor does it really prolong it.

How long does it usually take to kick in? I can't find any real concrete info - even on Erowid. It doesn't give recommended doses or timelines of intoxication like it does for most everything else. :-/

If it takes like an hour or more, then maybe the redosing after the 7.5 didn't have any effect? But I highly doubt that because I didn't go totally fubar until almost midnight...

I envy you. I took 70 mg and didn't get much from it. I seem to have a huge natural tolerance.

I remember when the first time i took a 10/500 i passed the fuck out, and hit my head on a trash can.

I found that 20mgs is good for most people. I'm quite sensitive to opiates, despite my size (~95kg 6'4"), 10mg of hydrocodone will kick my ass when I have no tolerance.

I never puked on hydrocodone but I have when I've been on oxycodone (only at >50mg). Oddly though, it feels really weird but nice because the physical discomfort causes a lot of distress and it's the greatest feeling to finally have it gone.

My first dose was a 5/500 Vicodin and it was good from what I remember. Nowadays I need at least 30 mg to feel good...add some weed and Im in lala land. Like 2 weeks ago I took 2 Lorcet, 20 mg right??, and I couldnt even feel shit...I was pretty pissed.

But I remember back when I was still a novice, I took a 5 mg Vic and I was drinking that night and I was feeling pretty good, so I took another and by the end of the night I was throwing up in my friends toilet and fell asleep on the bathroom floor. After that night I vowed to stay away from them shits for forever.

Oh Pharoh,

I remember those wonderful days where 2 or 3 5 /500s would at first make my stomach hurt, but in a really good way. It would mean it was starting. Then I would feel so good and warm and fuzzy. I could write music like nothing else, and it was still good when I was sober.. It was the best thing in the world.

Now, I take 15-20 mgs at a time and I get only a fraction of that same feeling. Its like, why do I even bother anymore.. Even after taking a break for months and going back to it, that tolerance is still there, will be forever I guess.

I need oxycodone to get more of what I want, but its just too rare for me, which really is probably a good thing. Fortunately I tend to get really bored with drugs and it makes it much easier for me to kick them.

magical Kat

to answer your question - if you take the pills on an empty stomach you should start feeling the effects (or at least some itchiness) within 20 minutes. you will KNOW when it is kicking in. If you take it after food you may not feel it as strong.

I would wait to redose until the next day or at least 6-7 hours after the first dose. Just be careful, I am no doctor. Also, I think mixing with alcohol is ALWAYS a bad idea.

If you have APAP in there, then get some methionine from the health-food store, your liver will thank you, trust me. In addition, you can quite easily get the hydrocodone out of the APAP easily. The ketone group will form a solid abduct with NaI or NaHSO3. Once again, you liver WILL be pleased.

H-)

MagickalKat777 said:
Okay I've searched and either I suck at searching or there are just way too many hydrocodone threads...

But I want a good opiate buzz. I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I've taken a 7.5, 5, and another 5 all spaced about 30 minutes apart and I'm feeling good... but I'm curious what a normal starting dose is?

30 mins between each dose? if so that's not that good, better to take all at once. re-dosing is a big waste.

good first dose on hydro is definitely 20mg
22.5mg why my first dose and a great experience

glad you found the sweet spot!

To be honest, redosing doesn't seem to reduce the potency at all (for me) from what I'm experiencing so far.

I took 22.5mg the next day all at once and hit the same level of high.

My stomach is really really sensitive though and every time I get to the place I want to be, I feel like I'm going to puke the whole time. Its a REALLY crappy feeling.

stereobot said:
Oh Pharoh,

I remember those wonderful days where 2 or 3 5 /500s would at first make my stomach hurt, but in a really good way. It would mean it was starting. Then I would feel so good and warm and fuzzy. I could write music like nothing else, and it was still good when I was sober.. It was the best thing in the world.

Now, I take 15-20 mgs at a time and I get only a fraction of that same feeling. Its like, why do I even bother anymore.. Even after taking a break for months and going back to it, that tolerance is still there, will be forever I guess.

I need oxycodone to get more of what I want, but its just too rare for me, which really is probably a good thing. Fortunately I tend to get really bored with drugs and it makes it much easier for me to kick them.

Yup. In January my friend gave me some 5/500 and I just took one and sat down in the couch and felt great....for like 15 minutes. Later that night I took 2 more and laid down on the floor and watched some Tivo and it was like somebody hit me with a happy stick. It was lovely. The worst part is when you are buzzing and somebody is like "take me to the store" and you blow your high by the time you put the key in the ignition. And is it me or lets say for instance, I take some pills at 4 and Im good and buzzing till like 8 or 9, I could take 20 more pills and would feel no effects. Is that normal with everybody else too??