• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

DarthMom said:
Has anyone mentioned Veet yet, I almost started a thread in SO about it it is so damn good. I always wondered why Nair was still on the market, it never works. I learned you could actually sit there and pluck out each hair after the use, and it not be painful, but a whole leg, that would take a while. But I just tried this stuff called Veet.

06_hairlesslegs-veet.jpg

I was shocked, and didn't expect it to work, but it kicks ass. I think it is just because the "shaver" that comes with it has little rubber thingies that grab ahold of the hair, and it comes right out.

Just wanted to share :) Shaving and waxing both irritate my legs big time. Was very happy to find this!!

I used this stuff on my legs, it was absolutely horrible. It has a really horrible smell, burnt the absolute fuck out of my legs and gave me rash. It also made me itch for about 4 hours (or at least till I finally fell asleep), and that was with 4 showers!
Maybe it was just my skin, but it isn't sensitive and not once have I had an allergic reaction from anything.
I would much rather be hairy than have to go thru that everytime.. Well, maybe not but I wouldn't use it again. Thank god I used it on my legs first and not somewhere else!! 8o

KatD said:
I would get a wax, but oh im too scared too :S

its hard getting up the courage, and yeah it hurts, but i think of it like childbirth (or what i've heard about childbirth). it hurts like fuck at the time, but its short lived pain and the result you get makes you forget all about it until the next time.

It really doesn't hurt THAT much.... or at least *I* don't think so.

The first time is the worst. After that, it's a walk in the park, because your hair grows back finer and less resistant. There's really only a couple of really "ouchy" moments in the brazillian wax for me: across both 'lips' and the very top of the pubic mound. The rest is nothing.

But maybe I have a high pain tolerance.

I think anyone can handle 15 minutes of brief and sporadic "ouchiness" (I can't even bring myself to call it pain!) for the smooth, lovely result.

SLM, how long does it stay baby smooth after waxing? I want to get it done for a "special occasion" and was thinking about 4 days before might be good, to let any owieness settle down...?

^ That would be just fine :) I'd say 2-4 days would do the trick! And that gives you plenty of time to catch any stray little motherfuckers that may have managed to escape the wax... :D You'll be perfectly smooth for at least a week. I have really fast-growing hair, and it usually lasts me a good 3 weeks before *anything* is noticeable.

^ Yeah about a week aunty, until little ones start to pop up.

Even at 2 weeks, you can still keep up with strays by plucking.

It takes about a day on average (2-3 days max) for any redness or bumps to die down, so I'd say day 4 or 5 after your wax would be just about perfect for a "special occasion" ;)

I've shaved twice since getting waxed and i really wish i havn't because it's grown back thicker and faster. It took three weeks after i got waxed to get the same regrowth i would have from shaving from three days.

I guess i will continue waxing but now my second time is going to be just as bad as the first because i shaved damn it!

no more razors.

I'm a male and would like to join in on this.

I wax my "bikini line" I used to shave my penis area, but once in a while I would get a rash. I hate rashes. So I tried waxxing. I get over the initial pain, but overall it's not that bad. And everything is clean and smooth.

My wife loves the way it feels.

I shave it all off. I have found that if you use baby oil after shaving while in the shower no rash, and it's smooth as a baby's bottom! I also make sure the razor is fairly new.

If your in melbourne I highly recomend Brizillian Butterfly in richmond.

I got my first wax a little while ago and I was so nervous. I am also EXTREAMLY self consious about my body so I've been putting it off for years but am very happy with the results. Cant wait to go back and when I do i'll be making a standing appointment :)

They were great - she made me relaxed, she could tell by the look of sheer terror on my face it was my first time. It hurt but no where near as what I thought it would. It was a little tender the rest of the day and the next day then it was fine. No itching or anything.

Shave the lips, leave a very short trimmed dark triangle, but decided to do something different a few days ago. My friend Erik whose a make up artist was bleaching his already blonde hair blonder. I asked him to show me the correct way to dye the short, few pubes of a triangle I had on top. Was curious to see how it would look being a true brunette with blonde pubic hair. It is quite different. LMFAO.

TJ - that sounds so silly I almost wanna try it! There's nothing to dye, though.

Doof - your sister said it takes 15 minutes (for a full Brazilian)? Mine take close to an hour, and it's damn expensive. You get what you pay for, though .... a tranny friend of mine goes to this cheap-ass place where (she claims) the waxers pull the hair off of you in huge sheets without stopping to check on you! That's for trannies who have a lot more hair to pull out than I do, though, so I'll stick to the place that costs a lot but leaves me nice, soft skin.

I love the place I go - it's very expensive, but it's worth it. I've heard more than enough horror stories... And a lot of people who just didn't get great results from going to "cheap" places. The lady who does the brazilian waxes at the spa i go to is just wonderful. She's very friendly and the situation is totally comfortable. She's also really careful about pausing long enough between yanks in the really sensitive areas. :) Worth every penny, and every extra minute, to me...