• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting rend for Fentanyl Withdrawl... what could help?

Sorry I disappeared by I got a new supply and restarted (albeit with a slightly lower tolerance). But I know that this monkey on my back is a f’ing disaster even if I bought some time now.

So for the people doubting the quantity, I’m not trying to say that you’re all wrong and that I’m the greatest opiate abuser in history, but let me just say a few things to paint a clear picture

1- It’s Fentanyl HCL not Citrate. Does it differ in potency?

2- I’ve ordered from 4 different vendors and bought from a local one that I absolutely trust. All claimed ’98% Purity Fentanyl HCL” and I haven’t seen a noticeable difference between them. Unless they all happen to have the same shitty source that’s lying to them, I don’t know that it’s likely that I’ve getting screwed by everyone, including a trustworthy source.

3- My supply does cost me a large amount of money. I believe I can’t discus prices on BL, but my cost per day is many times what it cost me to maintain a daily IV H habit for a couple of years.

4- 1g/day of very decent H insulated (I’ve used similar H back in the day and IVed, and know to be quite decent) didn’t take care of all the WDs on days 1 and 2, and I was nowhere near high or feeling a buzz… again, not even completely out of WDs. I was just feeling a little better and still had to take benzos to stay calm.

5- To prepare my Fent nasal spray solution, I make it with commercial ‘natural’s saline solution. The bottle is 30 ml and I mix 300-400 mg of (at least what I think is) Fenantyl HCL. The 30 ml provides 300 mists, as per the package, so the dose is 1 mg/mist . I know it seems high but I started at 20 mg mixed in 20 ml (so 100 mcg per mist) and my tolerance skyrocketted.

6- The saline solution I use to create my spray also contains Sodium Chloride, benzalkonium chloride and glycerin.. Do you think that might be diminishing the effect of the Fent?

Look, I would REALLY love to know I have a smaller monkey on my back that I think I do, so I’m not offended by anyone who thinks my use is unrealistic. And I’m willing to listen to the arguments! Right now I’m too scared of WDs, but I wished I were’t.

Thanks everyone!

my cost per day is many times what it cost me to maintain a daily IV H habit for a couple of years.

ZZhoKRj.jpg

I agree,iit's probably pretty unlikely it was what the OP claims. But there is no point in calling BS anyways. I used to take 950mg of Methadone/day when I was in the worst pain of my life, and was prescribed 18mg of Ativan a day due to tolerance I built up overusing it and Dr's not being able to get me down. Also, I was scripted 48mg of Hydromorphone (orally) for acute pain when I would get out of the hospital and would get 8mg IV every 4-6 hours when admitted. One of my Dr's used to script me vials of Ketamine for pain as well and people would say "oh that's impossible that's just for animals". I would put it in syringe and use it sublingually at bedtime to help me cope with the pain. Just because something seems unlikely doesn't mean it's impossible. IMO high milligram Methadone detox blows fent detox out of the water. Try being in a hell for 1-2 months vs 4-5 days at most.

I don't even find taking 80mg of Oxycodone helps much when I start WD'ing 12 hours after my last dose of Methadone

Last edited:
Oh I was like shit, man can I come party with you?!

Still though, that's pretty insane, is there no other option for you? At least a supervised detox?

Okay everyone, listen up...I read many threads about the withdrawals and let me explain everything you'll go through.
I done every type of pain pill, suboxone, the patches even was hooked on xanax, for years, I dont see much about long term usage effects, very different from someone using for 6mths-year, withdrawling for their first time, long term users can experience longer withdrawls and repeated symptoms. If you are planning to stop cold turkey, listen up, see a doctor first and explain and don't leave without xanax, any benzo's, you'll need them and get everything ready, you won't have the energy later.
First most important, any opiates your taking you need to bring it down to a level to able to withstand the withdrawals, anyone taking high doses shouldn't even be reading this, your still abusing. My wife was on fentynal patches, 100mgs, that's a lot and in two maths got her down to oxy 20mg, the final script we decided to take 10mg for a few days then a qtr pill, 5mg for a few days then it begins.
First you'll sleep a day, maybe even two but on the 3rd day withdrawals really begin due to any opiates still in your system, once out then be ready, just remember that it will end, in time.
You'll get brain flashes, nerve ending tweaking in your face, on your lips, hot flashes, hot flashes last a few days to a week, usually, for my wife and me. The the uncomfortable feeling something eating away at you inside, sick to your stomach. Then the mental game, RLS, insomnia.
Let's start with a plan and let me explain that a lot of drugs are being mentioned on here to cope but in the end it can just prolong your withdrawals and some meds can make things worse, like RLS, I tried baclphon muscle relaxer, made my RLS worse and also, benadryol for sleep didn't work and made my RLS 10x worse.
Plan that worked for me;
Started taking vitamins, right before stopping would be best, a multi V, vitamin B complex, vitamin B12 (vitamin B for energy, nerves) and potassium for nerves also, L-tyrosine for energy.
First started taking 2 multi vitamins daily, with Vitamins B,s and potassium. You'll need your vitamins so your body heals, it helps but don't think you'll feel any different, will help some with energy lvl's and the fact you can't eat.
You can try L-tyrosine later as you feel better, atleast a week before you'll be able to get around.
Take xanax for sleep, try not to take it durning the day the first week, withdrawal, get it out of you first because insomnia will kick in on day 4 and you WILL not be able to sleep...no matter what. I had done this without any xanax and was up for 8 straight days without no sleep until I finally fell asleep for a half hour, a day later got an hour sleep and more sleep as days went on. Your brain has to reprogram your natural sleep pattern, you been going to bed drowsy everyday so its something you'll have to deal with, even taking xanax will still prevent your natural sleeping pattern from coming back so do not take xanax daily for a long period of time, then you'll have to withdrawal from that and to me it was worse than opiates, lucky for me i got off benzos a year before all this.
See Thomas recipe for vitamins, minerals you'll need.
The first week is hard, take xanax as needed for sleep and will help with nerves and RLS, there are meds for RLS which can be fine if only using for a week, any meds will just prolong withdrawals so get it over with. Take hot showers, if you get sleep, stay up all day and keep your mind active, try eating soup, banana's, anything easy to get down, a little at a time. I believe my first week wasn't so bad, the hot flashes, sneezing (will go on for a month due to your nose being so dry) as fluid starts coming back to your nose it will eventually stop. The eerie feeling of wanting to rip off my skin, no energy..etc. As for me, week two was worse, the mental game begins, very restless, I drank sometimes and got shit faced to kill the pain, my wife swears weed helped her a lot, made things worse for me, I did try Lyrica and seemed to help but only took for a few days then my brain was tweaking again.
It always seemed any meds that did help gave some relief but prolonged withdrawals, just because I'm not sick as a dog doesn't mean I'm not withdrawaling, withdrawals can last a month even two months with repeated symptoms which may not last long but can come back, this is why I state, spread out them xanax, you'll need them.
Week one had maybe 1-2mg xanax, week two 1mg a day, week 3 half mg a day. I did save a few on the side for down the road, I'm on week 6 and still feel some restless, low energy but I get better each.
Now with no xanax, I'll have a few beers, rum and coke for the mental part, I'm now thinking much clearer, more active everyday, keeping busy, now eating better, no more vitamins, I'm finding food now comforts me as i now get bored quite easily.
I do not find myself wanting any oxy's, maybe a xanax here and there but I know I need to heal, your body needs to be COMPLETELY off everything, drug free for you to heal.
Do not take suboxone unless its only for a week to bring your self down, suboxone withdrawals are very bad, I know! Most meds listed on blue light for relief may, may not help but just remember, long term abusers (years) will will prolong symptoms.
People mention having sex helps, it does and will help you sleep better.
After 6 weeks, my head still rings some, some low energy, now having coffee in the morning helps, it took a month for my natural sleeping pattern to come back, now getting 6-8 hrs sleep everyday.
I now don't care to get high but only to get healthy, you can get permanent nerve damage from long term usage, your nerves will soon return to normal but may take a month.
Finally done and never have to worry about running out of pills or worrying about getting sick again. Many will agree, many won't but from experience I know what worked for me and know any meds won't make things better, only use for short time relief and get on with getting better, trust me, it will all be worth it.
Good luck everyone and stay clean.

Your wife was on 100 MILLIGRAMS a day through patches? That is 10 of the 100/ug/hr patches. Then jumped to 20mg Oxy?

Are you sure she wasn't using the 100 MICROGRAM (ug)/hr patches?

When it comes to Fent, using the correct units matters!

Just brainstorming some ideas:

- maybe trying to switch to Acetyl-/Butyr-Fentanyl would be an option since they are less potent? That would be a first step towards a taper.
- or going into rehab after tapering down as much as possible and then switch to Methadone under medical supervision?

The problem of the short half-life and therefore fiendish nature and redose urge would be eliminated with Methadone. Even if the switch would cause a withdrawal in itself.
I mean Subutex is no option because of the precipitated WDs and the impossibility of waiting long enough to induce the Buprenorphine adequately...

Trying to be constructive after my unnecessary first post :) Good luck OP!

Sorry I disappeared by I got a new supply and restarted (albeit with a slightly lower tolerance). But I know that this monkey on my back is a f’ing disaster even if I bought some time now.

So for the people doubting the quantity, I’m not trying to say that you’re all wrong and that I’m the greatest opiate abuser in history, but let me just say a few things to paint a clear picture

1- It’s Fentanyl HCL not Citrate. Does it differ in potency?

2- I’ve ordered from 4 different vendors and bought from a local one that I absolutely trust. All claimed ’98% Purity Fentanyl HCL” and I haven’t seen a noticeable difference between them. Unless they all happen to have the same shitty source that’s lying to them, I don’t know that it’s likely that I’ve getting screwed by everyone, including a trustworthy source.

3- My supply does cost me a large amount of money. I believe I can’t discus prices on BL, but my cost per day is many times what it cost me to maintain a daily IV H habit for a couple of years.

4- 1g/day of very decent H insulated (I’ve used similar H back in the day and IVed, and know to be quite decent) didn’t take care of all the WDs on days 1 and 2, and I was nowhere near high or feeling a buzz… again, not even completely out of WDs. I was just feeling a little better and still had to take benzos to stay calm.

5- To prepare my Fent nasal spray solution, I make it with commercial ‘natural’s saline solution. The bottle is 30 ml and I mix 300-400 mg of (at least what I think is) Fenantyl HCL. The 30 ml provides 300 mists, as per the package, so the dose is 1 mg/mist . I know it seems high but I started at 20 mg mixed in 20 ml (so 100 mcg per mist) and my tolerance skyrocketted.

6- The saline solution I use to create my spray also contains Sodium Chloride, benzalkonium chloride and glycerin.. Do you think that might be diminishing the effect of the Fent?

Look, I would REALLY love to know I have a smaller monkey on my back that I think I do, so I’m not offended by anyone who thinks my use is unrealistic. And I’m willing to listen to the arguments! Right now I’m too scared of WDs, but I wished I were’t.

Thanks everyone!

300mg fent = 30 grams morphine
The fact that a single gram of heroin helped at all shows that either the fentanyl you have is cut, or it's a weaker analogue. If you truly were doing 300mg a day of pure fentanyl, it would take like 5 grams of heroin just to keep you outta withdrawal for like 6 hours. That's assuming it's pure heroin. Honestly, I'd say you are probably being sold an analog. I'm sure all the fent vendors sell an analog, and not real fent. Fent analogues and real fent both probably share a very similar appearance. Selling fent analogues as "fent" at higher prices is very profitable. That's why all the vendors appear to have the same product I'm sure. I'd bet they all talk to each other as well to set the "fent" price, and knowingly sell an analogue instead. It's just so much cheaper and more profitable and who is going to call them out? Remember, a lot of these vendors are criminals just tryna make a fast buck.

Sorry everyone, micro, I didn't use the patch, wife had changed out her patch every 3 days. Now understanding 100mg patches don't existing, wow, that would be deadly. Sorry. I played around with them but never used them like my wife, 100 micro grams was too much for her, started to weird her out, then down to 50 micro then to oxy 20mg, one script of oxy then stopped. 1 WK talking 20mg, few days half pill, few days qtr pill.

I can see someone being easily confused about the doses of fent patches, I should have just stated she wore a 100 patch (not 100 patches) or the proper dose. Taking fent you need to be very careful or shall I say anyone who abuses the patch as I did, taking out the gel, this med is very strong and easily able to OD. So don't do it. My wife got off the patch and know it can be hard, if she can so can you.

For fent patch users wanting to get off. My wife used the patch for about a yr, 25's, then back on oxy (abusing) then back on the patch starting at 25 for 6 months or so, up to 75 for about a 1.5 years, she found the patch can't be abused unlike pills and running out of them. She wore the patch as prescribed by her doctor, then to 100 and was too much for her, after that experience she decided no more, done, my wife has used everything for a long time and so have I..too long. We both decided to stop together. Going from one drug to another made our addiction worse, getting high on a fresh drug (opiates) that we havnt had it awhile, not the way to go, done this for years. My wife had back surgery 10 years back so you can what has happened over time, now nothing for pain which is only minor anyway. My wife only went on higher doses because she wasn't getting her buzz, she really did not have the need to go any higher than 25, my opinion.

I have a long term back problem and for 4 years I was on the following
56 x 800 micrograms buccal fentanyl
50 shots 2000microgram nasal spray
500ml oramorph 5ml=10mg
3x 40mg oxycontin
this was every day, I kid you not.
I had a machine put in to heop with pain.
Anyway what I did was use fentanyl patches for a week as I was told it would be like coming of heroin I was prepaired for the worst. After a week of using patches I stopped all fentanyl as the withdrawal was quit mild to what I was expecting.
I had a few sweaty days these eased off after 2 to 3 days. It was hard to sleep at nights but kept falling asleep for 1 hour here and there and I felt a bit tierd and uneasy and had a short temper as small things wound me up easily for a few days. Anyway by day 4 I went back to work with a slight craving for some more. I had no major symptoms at all I used a little temazapam at nighrs to keep calm. Be carfull if you take anything like that and have fentanylas I gound too much and I had periods of time I couldnt account for or find myself staring into space.
I am back on fentamyl again in high doses awaiting for the computer and machines in my back to be reprogrammed. If you have any questions at all just post one for me and ill sort out contact details.
Good luck.

I have a long term back problem and for 4 years I was on the following
56 x 800 micrograms buccal fentanyl
50 shots 2000microgram nasal spray
500ml oramorph 5ml=10mg
3x 40mg oxycontin
this was every day, I kid you not.
I had a machine put in to heop with pain.
Anyway what I did was use fentanyl patches for a week as I was told it would be like coming of heroin I was prepaired for the worst. After a week of using patches I stopped all fentanyl as the withdrawal was quit mild to what I was expecting.
I had a few sweaty days these eased off after 2 to 3 days. It was hard to sleep at nights but kept falling asleep for 1 hour here and there and I felt a bit tierd and uneasy and had a short temper as small things wound me up easily for a few days. Anyway by day 4 I went back to work with a slight craving for some more. I had no major symptoms at all I used a little temazapam at nighrs to keep calm. Be carfull if you take anything like that and have fentanylas I gound too much and I had periods of time I couldnt account for or find myself staring into space.
I am back on fentamyl again in high doses awaiting for the computer and machines in my back to be reprogrammed. If you have any questions at all just post one for me and ill sort out contact details.
Good luck.
Thanks for your answer. Do you have any tips for me for kicking? Or is this monster so bad that I need to go into a detox? Unfortunately, due to my family and career, that's not really an option :(

PM me if you prefer to talk privately.

Thanks again!

If this dude is taking 150,000ug of Fentanyl a day, do you really think Potassium Gluconate and a box of Immodium is gonna help?!
Seriously, I'm pleased you've found something that works, but posting the same thing in multiple threads does nothing but clutter up the forum.

OP: Any update?

The other thread where I spoke of potassium gluconate for restless legs and praised loperamide was SPECIFICALLY asking about imodium and avoiding RLS. (Edit: I see I also recommended imodium to someone complaining about the runs.)

Taking PG, I had zero RLS, which is really saying something, since health issues I have give me RLS frequently anyway, unrelated to withdrawal.

Never did I say, or even imply, that PG and Lope would make kicking fent a piece of cake. I didn't have anything else helpful to add, after reading the OP's questions and the other replies.

Take a nap, hon. You're unnecessarily cranky. Not trying to be a dick here, but IMO, taking the time to bitch about a post like mine, which wasn't a harmful post, is more along the lines of "clutter", friend.

Edit: I already feel bad having responded to your post, as I don't want to derail or hijack this thread. If you'd like to respond, let's take this into PM's.

Peace.

How are you holding up, Blue?

Peace.

Last edited:
I highly doubt the 300 MILLIGRAMS a day of fent, because you wouldn't be able to go an hour without going into withdrawal. Back when they had the gel fent patches that people would smoke (2001-2002ish), I had a monster fent habit. Let me tell you it was a TERRIBLE withdrawal, but you have an arsenal that will help you. It's fairly common sense what to do. Start with the harder opiates and finish with the milder ones. Throw in the benzos daily for anxiety and high doses at night for sleep. If I was in your position (let's just say a really high fent/heroin habit, here's what I would do, and I've been in this "game for nearly two decades sadly):

start with the weaning down with dope for about a week.
Then the MSContins.
Benzos througout the day at fair doses to help with restlessness and anxiety, then heavy doses to TRY to sleep at night, along with the Ambien.

Wait about 48 hours and hop on the subutex (or until you can't take the WD anymore, but be really, really, fucking careful). You should start feeling SOMEHWHAT normal after being on subutex for 4-5 days. I'd start with 4mg, then an hour or so later take another 4mg, then another hour later another 4mg your first day. Start to wean down on the subutuex, unless you want to be addicted to that.

However, I find if you still have access to the fent and dope, it's going to be a bitch to have the will power to come off. I am struggling with my third go around of an ABSURD xanax addiction 20mg-40mg a day, and I keep saying today I will stop, and then I end up picking up a 30 pack for the day. I know your struggle bro. I went through it more times than I can count. I truly hope it isn't really fentanyl and it's an analogue (damn, I've been out of the online scene for a while....I had no idea you could buy fent analogues).

Anyway, good luck buddy. Hit me up anytime if you want to talk to someone who has been in your exact shoes. I would follow my protocol though. It seems most reasonable. You may as well sell or throw away the codeine because that's like trying to put out a raging forest fire with a cup of water.