• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gay men banning hetro's and lesbians from their 'gay' club... WTF ?

How dare the Peel presume we want to go in there anyway? Its like banning a muslim from a synagogue.

I just went past there, as usual, and it is so shit- this stunt was the smartest thing they could do to get people who normally wouldn't even think of going there to give it their attention. Jeez- if they wanted exclusivity they should at least make the place actually worthwhile going to. :p

zephyr said:
How dare the Peel presume we want to go in there anyway? Its like banning a muslim from a synagogue.

I just went past there, as usual, and it is so shit- this stunt was the smartest thing they could do to get people who normally wouldn't even think of going there to give it their attention. Jeez- if they wanted exclusivity they should at least make the place actually worthwhile going to. :p

is this your attempt to make us forget that you promised you would enter the Peel?

chicken

My mate (who's straight) from the country went to Peel last weekend. Haha, he was up to his usual tricks and pretended that he didn't know he was in a gay bar. He said he walked in to take a piss and said to a couple of guys standing near him, "Geez, I don't reckon this is a good place to pick up at all, it's a sausage fest!"
LOL, he said the guys gave him a strange look before one said, "Ahh, you do know what this place is don't you?"
"Yeah, it's a pub." And he walks on out of there.

Then as he's going to leave he says really loudly in front of security.
"Y'know, I reckon that was a gay bar."
Haha, more strange looks. :)

^ Ahahaha That's hilarious. That sort of thing, had i witnessed it, wouldn't piss me off in the least, it would just crack me the fuck up.

:D

preacha said:
is this your attempt to make us forget that you promised you would enter the Peel?

chicken

I can't believe I was actually considering going in there just because they don't want straighties there- what a dumbass I am :p

preacha said:
while breakabeat's point of view on this topic is pretty much bullshit, you don't want to open the can of worms that will eventuate by making a statement like the one you have just made.

Ok so i am wrong in saying that? Im confused.
But then again things may have changed since i last went to a club like friggin 2 years ago.

There is anti-discrimination laws.

To get an exemption, you must apply for it through the Tribunal, and be able to provide adequate reasons as to why you feel it's necessary.

You're not legally entitled to discriminate as you please just because you run a business.

Last edited:
drugfukkdrockstar said:
Ok so i am wrong in saying that? Im confused.
But then again things may have changed since i last went to a club like friggin 2 years ago.

what doppelganger said

I don't know, but i'd hazard a guess that if any business would get an exemption, it would probably be a gay club. :\

because next to jews, gays are the most powerful minority within australia
fight the power!

samadhi said:
I don't know, but i'd hazard a guess that if any business would get an exemption, it would probably be a gay club. :\

Point taken, I aint no authority.

Oh, while we're fighting the powa, we may as well FUCK THA PO-LICE.

i'm not being serious
i just love this thread so much

started by a white heterosexual making fuss out of being excluded :(

^WTF are you talking about? this is the worst type of discrimination imaginable!!!
the kind that's against me:X :X ;)

grrr indeed! :D

the problem isn't the exclusion itself
the problem is where are we going to draw the line?
and also, besides homosexuals, who can possibly benefit from a landmark decision such as this being made?

hell, for all we know, this could even be a dastardly scheme by the government to increase the amount of homosexuals afflicted with HIV contaminated blood by having them congregate in a setting without fear of inhibition (just like how 'apparently' the USA government introduced crack to ghettos with a large black population).

conspiracy theories aside, it's an interesting time to be alive. a minority fighting for segregation whilst fighting so passionately to be treated the same as any other demographic.

^ you speak is as if there is a consensus amongst this 'minority', which is a surprisingly naive assumption that you make.

Just as much as you bitch on about the various waves of feminism, so are there gay people who hold different opinions on how to achieve equality, if such a thing can ever exist. Given that the GLBT movement was originally formed on the basis of innate difference/exclusion, it is no surprise that some people (perhaps the older generation) fight to maintain exclusive space for gay people. Indeed, it is a lack of any recognition that motivated them in the first place.

That being said, there are just as many other gay people who recognise the limitations that such an approach has.

i'm not really focused on the minority so much as the government who endorses their behaviour, contradictory as it may be.

on one hand we have the G&L mardi gras, an event condoned by the government each year that throws the typical gay stereotype in the face of every single australian regardless of background.

now on the other hand we have the exclusionary actions of the Peel, stating that only homosexuals may enter the premises. a move also made without argument from the government.

absolutely brilliant. the million man march in washington D.C is a triumphant display of black rights, but i can't recall hearing of any club that bans melanin-deprived people.

maybe i should have been more clear in that i don't believe there is an collective ideal that all homosexuals and lesbians share that is embedded into their DNA, that would be insane (and it hurts me DEEPLY that you have even bothered to suggest so :D)

my point is that i'm all for exclusionary measures.
but when government endorsed actions contradict other aspects of an image, it's time to have a look at how your minority is being represented in society.

Last edited:
It is the same argument that is used for women's spaces though. Although I am not necessarily arguing the merits of them.

Why is not possible for gay people to ask to have certain spaces marked exclusively as homosexual, given that that all of society is liminal heterosexual space?

If heterosexual people wanted to support the gay movement, perhaps they could take a step back and see how respecting a small amount of exclusive heterosexual spaces is a good thing?

note: the thought of certain not people not allowed into certain clubs because of anything to do with their sexuality revolts me. It is absurd. And yes, imo, counter-productive. But surely you can see that requesting certain spaces (not segregation!) is not necessarily at odds with an overall pitch at equality?

i'm not even going to dignify that answer with a thought out response

Here in the USA...

There's an organization that tries to maintain an "exclusive space" for heterosexual males. It's called "The Boy Scouts of America."

For this, they've been banned from San Francisco schools because they're being "discriminatory." Of course, lots of my fellow Yanks will say, 'well, San Francisco...that's part of the USA?'

Sure it is. There's a club there (or used to be) called "Stud" that is determinately mixed and everyone goes to.

When I used to live in SF, and I'd go with my beloved to the Castro district, holding hands with her, sometimes, we'd get dirty looks. Sometimes, we'd have a hard time getting waited on in stores.

Not sometimes, really. Seldom.

Most gay people understand that shitheaded discrimination and intolerance is not OK when they do it.