• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants freebase adderall extraction + smoking the freebase questions

I was just thinking about doing this myself for fun haha.

So you are trying to isolate the sulfate first and then then make the hydrochloride correct?

Plus amp hcl must be kept in a cold environment (below 19°C) to stay a solid. After that it becomes a mushy hard to work with liquid. It's better to keep the sulphate and use it that way.

Last edited:
mate I'm gonna merge this for you with the other adderal extraction thread you did, idk why you started another one instead of continuing to post in that. you started it just 2-4 hours ago, I'm fine with infinite threads made by you as long as they are not on the same topic

How close did you put the flame to it? and did you just line out the powder down the crease of the foil?

Just want to pint out that generic Dextro is all sulphate salt but Adderall is 25% dextroamphetamine saccharate, 25% amphetamine aspartate, 25% dextroamphetamine sulfate and 25% amphetamine sulfate.
So Addy might need a different procedure.

done mate, I hope you don't mind. but like this you got all the info stated, the way yous tarted it,what kind of amph you had and how did you get to the freebase plus now people can put in input on how to smoke it efficiently

It's actually higher but you are correct, the sulfate doesn't contain the same volatility.

Being in the states, Meth is our game, for the most part anyways.
Volatility, is like the abilty to become vaporized if I am correct.

So this is the reason for the better smoking effectś not the temp, interesting.

So let's start with the basics on this. Which ones do you have? Make a list of all active ingredients and then make a second list of all the inactives. If you want a pure extraction, it is essential that you find out the solubility of each ingredient in the pill in both water and organic solvents. I have found using this method makes it much easier in the end because I can have the info down on paper next to me.

There is a huge variance in solubility with each of the amphetamines in adderall, for instance, in water:
Dexamp sulfate: 20 mg/mL
Dexamp saccharate: 63.1 mg/mL
Amp sulfate: 50 to 100 mg/mL
Amp aspartate: 1.74 mg/mL

Last edited:
Ye
It's actually higher but you are correct, the sulfate doesn't contain the same volatility.

Being in the states, Meth is our game, for the most part anyways.
Meth hcl is where its at here in east canada, almost as potent as crystal in quality aswell as easily smokable, but the questions im experimenting w are due to access to a fuckton of amphetamine salts aka adderall and while theyre very effective, its
Was it Adderall or generic Dextroamphetamine?
adderall, i dont touch generic meds since everythings covered

Volatility, is like the abilty to become vaporized if I am correct.

So this is the reason for the better smoking effectś not the temp, interesting.
Yessir ^ im glad this thread is getting interest, usually meths all the whazzledazzle when it comes to smoking but, amphetamine is pretty popular in europe and having so much id like to experiment with different / possibly more prefferably ROA's

For the record though guys, adderall does taste like fucking shit chased, forewarned but its definately not worthless to say the least HOWEVER im gonna give it attempt #2 if i cant get a few bags of coke to smoke in awhile

So let's start with the basics on this. Which ones do you have? Make a list of all active ingredients and then make a second list of all the inactives. If you want a pure extraction, it is essential that you find out the solubility of each ingredient in the pill in both water and organic solvents. I have found using this method makes it much easier in the end because I can have the info down on paper next to me.

There is a huge variance in solubility with each of the amphetamines in adderall, for instance, in water:
All im interested in is sulfate because thats all thats really workable with i havent a clue where to begin w the others

So my goal is to convert the dexamp sulfate into a HCL salt or a smokable freebase form, i almost did it w lemon juice/ water / evaporation. But i dun fucked up somwhere probably in ratios because i saw proper salts form, then either overheated or im not sure time for a thermometer on my next educated attempt

Also i wanted to add, that if any residuals of other ingredients remain thats fine, the objective is a proper smoking substance with potent effects

So my goal is to convert the dexamp sulfate into a HCL salt or a smokable freebase form, i almost did it w lemon juice/ water / evaporation. But i dun fucked up somwhere probably in ratios because i saw proper salts form, then either overheated or im not sure time for a thermometer on my next educated attempt

Wait, "lemon juice"?

Are you saying you're trying to convert amphetamine using lemon juice?
Because lemon juice isn't HCl, it's extremely diluted citric acid. And with H2SO4 being a much stronger acid than citric, I doubt you're going to have a lot of success converting amphetamine sulfate to amphetamine citrate either.

You'd have to freebase the amphetamine first, then protonate it using HCl.

The problem with amphetamine freebase is that it is a smelly volatile oil, which makes it slightly harder to handle. It may also be somewhat caustic, being a primary amine.

It wa
Wait, "lemon juice"?

Are you saying you're trying to convert amphetamine using lemon juice?
Because lemon juice isn't HCl, it's extremely diluted citric acid. And with H2SO4 being a much stronger acid than citric, I doubt you're going to have a lot of success converting amphetamine sulfate to amphetamine citrate either.

You'd have to freebase the amphetamine first, then protonate it using HCl.

The problem with amphetamine freebase is that it is a smelly volatile oil, which makes it slightly harder to handle. It may also be somewhat caustic, being a primary amine.
Was a quick experimental go i dont usually carry these kinda of materials in the house. At most i have ammonia and thats to make proper freebase coke with

^ This.
You would end up with amphetamine citrate not amphetamine hcl. And it is important to remove all of the inactives first because you may be left with fillers that will burn below the vaporization point of the amp. This will end up being very nasty to smoke. Also, since adderall contains 4 types of amps, and you want the amp sulfate IIRC, you would have to separate all of the other amps before you could smoke it. Each one is going to have a different vaporization point, as well as each one requiring a different process to convert it to the freebase before recrystallizing it as amphetamine hcl.

It's going to a long and tedious process if you decide to do it but it would make it much easier to isolate the amp sulfate from the rest of the binders and other amphetamines in the pill before basifying it.

Yessir ^ im glad this thread is getting interest, usually meths all the whazzledazzle when it comes to smoking but, amphetamine is pretty popular in europe and having so much id like to experiment with different / possibly more prefferably ROA's

For the record though guys, adderall does taste like fucking shit chased, forewarned but its definately not worthless to say the least HOWEVER im gonna give it attempt #2 if i cant get a few bags of coke to smoke in awhile
Before we continue, sir Zonxx. Smoking any stimulant is not on my to do list but as a harm reduction suggestion. Did you try plugging? Didn't work for me, insuflated neither. But oral is fine imo.

As for smoking, or maybe vaporizing at a set temp is a better option? If we go by the fact the temp required for Sulphate is lower then Hcl, which seem's like a plus. And the volatility of the sulphate is the problem. You could if their is a way enhance the volatility. Would solve the problem ;) Good luck

Hint Amphetamine Suphate decomposes at 300 degrees Celcius. So a vaporizer with a temp set is usefull.
http://www.swgdrug.org/Monographs/AMPHETAMINE.pdf

Last edited:
After a water based extraction you will be left with:
All 4 amps
Sucrose
Maltodextrin
Saccharin sodium
Yellow no. 6

Now I'm pretty tired at the moment but since I plan on trying this extraction I will continue later. I need to separate the sugars from the amps next so I'll continue looking into it later.

Before we continue, sir Zonxx. Smoking any stimulant is not on my to do list but as a harm reduction suggestion. Did you try plugging? Didn't work for me, insuflated neither. But oral is fine imo.

As for smoking, or maybe vaporizing at a set temp is a better option? If we go by the fact the temp required for Sulphate is lower then Hcl, which seem's like a plus. And the volatility of the sulphate is the problem. You could if their is a way enhance the volatility. Would solve the problem ;) Good luck

Hint Amphetamine Suphate decomposes at 300 degrees Celcius. So a vaporizer with a temp set is usefull.
After a water based extraction you will be left with:
All 4 amps
Sucrose
Maltodextrin
Saccharin sodium
Yellow no. 6

Now I'm pretty tired at the moment but since I plan on trying this extraction I will continue later. I need to separate the sugars from the amps next so I'll continue looking into it later.
well lets call it harm reduction on the basis that i'm forced to use amps in a binge fashion the way they effect me makes me continue using them for up to a few days at a time, on day 2 ...or 3? right now not sure but i did take it easier today, not keeping a peak going by taking smaller doses every 2 hours.

The reason i wish to smoke amp is to find out whether i would be able to use them in a non binge fashion the way i use crack, smoke, enjoy for an hour or two, crash and done
instead of amp up, be 'up' for 2-3 hours, slowly begin crashing and redosing to maintain it which pretty much ALWAYS leads to a binge pattern which i don't really like, but it's the only fashion i feel the amps worth taking in due to how long the after effects last with no good euphoria that i took them for to begin with just an edgy stimulation which i have to use opiates/gabaergics to balance out

I figure, if amps are smoked (i have smoked meth before and enjoy taking meth hcl pills sublingually, its recreational value lasted for a good amount of time, and when it slowly faded i didn't feel a need to binge/redose) so i thought if i can smoke the amps i have, then that way i could reduce the duration while increasing effect reducing overall usage substantially because lets be realistic, 300+mg in a day isn't particularly healthy even though i'm not feeling negatives doesn't mean there aren't any

hmm intriguing, but itd certainly ruin a good vaporizer :(
Do you figure aswell there would be a way to filter the amphetamine so that it didn't taste so.......toxic is the only word i can think of, its genuinely very unpleasant when compared persay to Meth HCL

so decomposes = destroyed, meaning i would need a heat of around 150-275