European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

For whom should i vote???

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
Now I've never been particularly politically minded. I have only exercised my vote three times in my 37 years as an adult.

The first time was when I was 18 and did it for the novelty value only. I voted Conservative - nor because I had any fuckin idea what that meant, but simply because that's what my parents had voted for all their lives.

After what seemed like a lifetime of Thatcher rule, I vowed never to vote again.

Until the EU referendum - I voted remain.

Then May called a general election. So not wanting to make the same mistake I'd made as an 18 year old, I voted Labour.

Now here we fuckin are again - and I'm stumped.

The Tories are out of the question. There's no way I'm voting for a bunch of lying bastard self serving elitist cunts.

Similarly, Labour just seem to be totally incompetent fuckwits (looks like Diane Abbott's been doing the sums again with their manifesto promises...)

So what do I do to make my vote count for the best whilst shoving my fist up Johnson's arse?

Any advice greatly received...

Any vote aside from the two main parties is a protest vote so just go for whatever pushes your buttons out of the niche parties.

I think Labour will get utterly slaughtered in this upcoming election. Corbyn and his cabinet are a fucking disaster (Diane Abbot being a prime example) and their claims that their tax increases will only hit the "super rich billionaires" are utter bollocks. The independent IFS says the same. If Corbyn has his way everyone would get squeezed, either directly or indirectly, by all those tax bumps so he can give people free Netflix or whatever it is this week. Unless he thinks only billionaires get married?

As for Boris... 'nuff said really. He ain't doing so great in his campaign either, all he does is repeat "get Brexit done" every chance he gets. But for some reason a lot of people like him, and well his manifesto is pledging to cut taxes while the opposition is planning to put them through the roof, so I think he will win out in the end.

Exciting times though eh?

Yeh, a lot of people do like Boris. People who cant see further than their own noses that is.

He is so obviously false it's not true. His fans are no doubt the same idiots that aren't prepared to believe that 'prince' Andrew is a fuckin nonce.

This is the problem we are faced with - A significant proportion of the population want to believe the lies fed to them.

Fuck it. I'm going to live in a cave and I'm not coming out until I'm dead.

Fuck the world.

The thing is as long as Corbyn is the Labour leader, there is simply no credible opposition. Boris or Corbyn? Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Bernie Sanders

I remember when I was young my mother insisted that it was bad form to talk about ones personal voting habits, but this is the same lady that quite literally thinks that cracking me upside the head with a wooden pole from the bannister is a perfectly reasonable response to my asking for a lift to a Dr's appt ("If it wasn't for you and your constant (monthly) demands to waste the doctors time with your disgusting drug problems I would not have to leave the house") and that the only person from my social circle who still pops by occasionally to sell me weed, a friend of 15 years and a father of a 6 year old, "should be hung" for "peddling".

Dont ask me where that came from but I am aware that I have 'mommy' issues similar to any other 14 year old.

I can't believe anyone would think Corbyn is so bad he's equally bad as Boris when all the things he's proposing to do - reverse the Tory privatisation of the NHS, renationalise the rail system, fix the Tories messed up pensions reform, invest in fixing our crumbling infrastructure, reduce taxes on those on lower incomes, refund local councils so council tax comes down, tax large corporations fairly, etc etc - are all good things that even most Tories agree with. OTOH the only thing Boris is planning to do - if he can be bothered to turn up to work at all - is flog off the NHS to a few cronies and US pharm companies and force anyone who still wants decent healthcare to go private, cripple workers and environmental rights post-Brexit, and shift yet more tax onto the poor and away from his paymaster billionaire non-dom unpatriotic buddies.

Yeh, I'm disappointed in Corbyn tbh. He had a lot going for him at the last election, but he's just completely ruined it for himself by his own stupidity.

I do actually believe Labour are quite well meaning, but their incompetence is nearly on a par with the Conservative's bullshit.

I'm tempted to vote Libdem simply because their leader is the only one I'd consider taking from behind - but she's still a fuckin twat like the rest of them...

It's about time there was an option on the ballot paper for 'none of this shower of shit.'

their leader is the only one I'd consider taking from behind

I went to Uni with her - she was in the year above me :geek:

I'd vote LibDem as a tactical move if they were second to the Tories in a seat and stood a chance, but I don't really agree with their 'revoke article 50' policy (even though I voted remain) as I think it would tear the country apart for good. It's not even worth imagining how sanctimoniously furious and genocidal the Brexit crew would become if the Libs did that.

Yeh, I'm disappointed in Corbyn tbh. He had a lot going for him at the last election, but he's just completely ruined it for himself by his own stupidity.

I do actually believe Labour are quite well meaning, but their incompetence is nearly on a par with the Conservative's bullshit.

I'm tempted to vote Libdem simply because their leader is the only one I'd consider taking from behind - but she's still a fuckin twat like the rest of them...

It's about time there was an option on the ballot paper for 'none of this shower of shit.'

This is the beginning and the end as far as I am concerned - they are all a bunch of fucking pricks but I have always voted Lib. Dem and while they have fuck all chance of ever getting there pie in the sky manifestos presented as actual policy they do have an ideological integrity I have always supported. Seeing as this is Bluelight I do not think i am labouring the point to hard when I say that they are the only major party with a vested interest in implementing a brand new progressive drugs policy, so while I accept that the last thing most want to do is hear about my weak ass left of centre leanings a vote for them is a vote for legal weed, quite literally in this upcoming election.

Bernie 2020! Make America sane again!

The thing is as long as Corbyn is the Labour leader, there is simply no credible opposition. Boris or Corbyn? Talk about a rock and a hard place.
That’s not even a hard Choice.
Corbyns a left wing little bitch.
Fuck that nonce

I went to Uni with her - she was in the year above me :geek:

I'd vote LibDem as a tactical move if they were second to the Tories in a seat and stood a chance, but I don't really agree with their 'revoke article 50' policy (even though I voted remain) as I think it would tear the country apart for good. It's not even worth imagining how sanctimoniously furious and genocidal the Brexit crew would become if the Libs did that.

But did you take her from behind? The country needs to know this shit! :LOL:

Actually, the Libdem "revoke article 50" and "legalise cannabis" pledges are very voteworthy imo. But after the Cameron-Clegg debacle, they are obviously a party ready to roll over and suck Johnson's cock in the event of another coalition.

No. He’s left wing and a nonce.
Can’t stand him. Typical far left pussy with no balls. Wouldn’t be surprised If he used to be in antifa.
He’s anti British and supporter of terrorists.
Been to a few ira bombers funerals. Ira bombers that killed British men women and children.

No. He’s left wing and a nonce.
Can’t stand him. Typical far left pussy with no balls. Wouldn’t be surprised If he used to be in antifa.
He’s anti British and supporter of terrorists.
Been to a few ira bombers funerals. Ira bombers that killed British men women and children.

Hmm, surely the Good Friday agreement necessitated our government associating with IRA terrorists that killed British men, women and children?

Was that not a good thing?

Is that not an important peace process that is now being compromised by people with your attitude?

Still dont understand how that makes anyone left wing a nonce.

Hmm, surely the Good Friday agreement necessitated our government associating with IRA terrorists that killed British men, women and children?

Was that not a good thing?

Is that not an important peace process that is now being compromised by people with your attitude?

Still dont understand how that makes anyone left wing a nonce.
do u think he’s left wing?
What he has done has nothing to do with the good Friday agreement.
He’s been asked lots of times to condemn the actions of the ira and he refuses.

Saw him on tv this morning saying Christmas morning he watches the queens speach. It on at 3 and always has been lol

This is what just bores me about having these discussions online in this day and age. Admit to anyone that I am liberally minded and just want to respectfully take people as they come and it doesn't take long before I am labelled as a weak and worthless piece of shit but hoping that is now established I hope that everyone can just stick to the substance (legitimate concerns about ties to sectarian terrorism - fine - labelling someone a 'nonce' for any other reason than them being an actual 'nonce' - not on and irrelevant.)

do u think he’s left wing?
What he has done has nothing to do with the good Friday agreement.
He’s been asked lots of times to condemn the actions of the ira and he refuses.

Saw him on tv this morning saying Christmas morning he watches the queens speach. It on at 3 and always has been lol

Yes, of course he's left wing. But that doesn't make him a nonce does it?

The point I was making over the good friday agreement is that it only came about because people were prepared to meet and discuss with known terrorist organisations.

I abhor the IRA and everything they stand for. But the discussions were necessary to bring peace. But that peace is now being compromised by the whole Brexit debacle.

Perhaps anyone that wants peace is also a 'nonce'..?

I don't really agree with their 'revoke article 50' policy (even though I voted remain) as I think it would tear the country apart for good.

An ironic policy from the Liberal Democrats... should change their name to the Undemocrats.

Regardless of any particular person's views on Brexit, the country voted for it. Simply reversing a decision made by the people is going to do a lot of damage. This is not a dictatorship.

The same goes for the idea of a "people's vote." We had one of those already in 2016. You can't keep doing referendums until you get the result you want. That isn't democratic either.

And I can tell you right now even big businesses are sick of all this. The uncertainty is what causes market instability. They want it over and done with so they know what the deal is and can put plans in place to adapt to it.

What businesses do fear more than anything else is a Corbyn run Labour government. If that happens big business will leave the country. And I'm sure the Labour supporters will say "good fuck you billionaires" but okay who will hire you now? And for that matter why should anyone work if Corbyn wants to tax everyone to death but hand out free money if you don't earn anything?

This is an unpopular thing to say but it is true and I will find a source from the IFS if anyone wants it: the top 1% of earners in the UK are not tax dodging billionaires, they are mostly salaried employees who already pay very high rates of tax through PAYE, and their combined tax contributions make up 30% of the entire nation's income tax revenue.

If Corbyn gets in and starts upping taxes on anyone who earns £80k or more (and since when did £80k make you a "billionaire"? I think Corbyn has been getting maths lessons off Abbot) there will be no incentive for those high rate tax payers to keep working as hard as they do. Therefore you lose 30% of your income tax revenue. You might want to look up what happened to France when they tried this approach.

And speaking of salaries, how much do MP's make? I'm pretty sure by Corbyn's own logic he himself is "super rich."

Finally, that proposed increase on corporation tax will affect absolutely every working person in the country. Again I can back this up with a report from the IFS. Corporation tax rises always gets passed onto consumers through higher prices and decreased wages. He's acting like he is attacking big business, but the companies will protect their profit margins and pass the losses onto normal working class people.

One more thing: he also wants to scrap tax allowances for married couples. But those tax allowances benefit low income people the most. They allow married couples to give their personal allowance to the higher earner. But if you earn over £150k you do not get a personal allowance in the first place. Let alone these billionaires he keeps ranting out. So make no mistake, scrapping tax allowances for married couples will hit working class people directly.

This is what just bores me about having these discussions online in this day and age. Admit to anyone that I am liberally minded and just want to respectfully take people as they come and it doesn't take long before I am labelled as a weak and worthless piece of shit but hoping that is now established I hope that everyone can just stick to the substance (legitimate concerns about ties to sectarian terrorism - fine - labelling someone a 'nonce' for any other reason than them being an actual 'nonce' - not on and irrelevant.)

That's the internet for ya. I'm now waiting for someone to call me "Tory scum" for not agreeing with the policies of Jeremy Corbyn. Things are very polarised these days, too many people seeing in black and white.

Last edited:
I'm now waiting for someone to call me "Tory scum" for not agreeing with the policies of Jeremy Corbyn

Reeeeeeee Tory scum! ;) ❤ Interesting that you would expect someone to think that about you.

I don't really care about other people's politics for the most part, even when I think they're completely wrong. The purpose of general elections is to sway and convince the - maybe - 25-35% of the electorate who are malleable and actually can be swayed at any given time. Not the majority who already have relatively strong or fixed socio-political identities. And anyway, most of those political identities are pretty deterministic and come from our inherent personality types, moral codes, and the ways we each interpret and perceive the world, and can thus be fairly predictable once you know a person well enough.

Which means, to some extent, we're little more than genetic algorithms lacking the kind of true agency and independence over our preferences we like to think we have. And much like I wouldn't blame a duck for quacking and a dog for slobbering all over people, I don't have many axes to grind at people just because they have different politics. Which is a roundabout way of saying that, though I may disagree with someone, it would never occur to me to judge them solely and simplistically on political views alone or ignore the context in which they arrive at them.