Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Flubromazolam - Retrospective - 6 years with the Knockout Night Nurse

Asante

Bluelighter
It was in 2014, now 6 years ago, that I acquired Flubromazolam. The moment I saw the molecule I knew I had to have it, the way the molecule is put together just SCREAMS extreme benzodiazepine. Let me break that up for you:

It has the bromine on the primary phenyl group that is associated with hard-knocking analogues as brotizolam and phenazepam. Then, further augmenting the effects, on the secondary phenyl ring there's the fluorine atom that gives rohypnol its enhanced hypnotic punch. It does not stop there because it is a -zolam drug by the added methyltriazole group.

So here you have, basically, something that is very much inbetween Brotizolam, Rohypnol, Triazolam and Midazolam in terms of structure.

I was immediately spellbound and got it from China while the first reports were still coming in. I needed no reports to see this molecule was a bell ringer through and through, you just about cannot structurally emphasize a benzodiazepine more than this one was emphasized.

This proved entirely the case.

On my analytical scale I weighed some milligrams and dissolved them in an equal number of mililiters of pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol, so 1mg/ml.

For the first test I took a then commonly established doss of 0.5ml = 500 micrograms.

What happened! In 10 min I felt it, it got way strong and within the hour a very powerful sedative effect just shoved me into bed, 2 hours early, and I slept for 11 hours, three hours more than usual, still pleasantly intoxicated for a few hour more.

I had ache that comes from having lain completely still for too long.

This was SO STRONG, I wanted nothing of this dose anymore. I had had the most restful sleep ever but this was SO restful I didnt even turn myself as I shouldve.

The next dose was 0.4ml - 400 micrograms, dosed with a syringe, squirted on the tongue (it tastes foul) and chased with some water. The effect was almost identical.

Blotters nowadays contain 250 micrograms of the stuff.

I tinkered around with the substance and settled around a dosage of approximately 100 micrograms, a standard LSD dose of an RC benzo, or roughly 75-150 micrograms, as my default dosage.

100 microgramps interrupts intense anxiety attacks, sober or drug provoked ones, and typically there's a half hour nap somewhere around 2 hours in.

This stuff, as predicted by the structure activity relationship, is as potent and hypnotic as benzos come.

In oldfashioned mental institutions, think One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and earlier, the night nurse used to have a knockout drug like amylene hydrate, paraldehyde or chloral hydrate to lay out the most stubborn insomniacs. This birthed the phrase "Knockout Night Nurse".

Flubromazolam has earned the nickname "Knockout Night Nurse" with me, JYI-73 doesn't have a nice ring to it, and with "Knockout Night Nurse" you have the expectation of a swift pharmacological brick to the back of the head, which is TOTALLY what flubromazolam is about.

It is incredibly blatant as a sedative, so hypnotic that it just about feels like you took a barbiturate. This is a nonfunctional benzodiazepine, because even in the afternoon on a low dose you might take a nap and if you take a higher dose that "nap" lasts 11 hours.

I want to emphasize that there is a medical case of potentially fatal intoxication on the books of this substance at a dose of just 3mg. If you have no tolerance this hits you like a ton of bricks and benzodiazepine overdose is something that is most likely to happen with one as highly hypnotic and muscle relaxing as this one. The subjective effects are most like a barbiturate, and therefore the risks are likely higher than those of an average benzo as well.

I've used this one, on occasion, for 6 years now. I always go for the 100-150 microgram range now. I would not exceed a quarter milligram, I respect this drug to the moon and back.

With as little I need, as infrequently as I use it, its likely that Chinese gram will last me and my closest ones a lifetime.

How often do you really need to get batted in the back of the head in life? Not much - and that is really all this drug is good for: subduing raging anxiety and panic attacks and nuking the most tenacious insomias.

Cherry on the cake, it truly lasts 12-20 hours or so, so potent yet so long lived! It puts you to bed and gives a pleasant skew to the first half of the subsequent day.

You MUST liquid dose with this one. The effective dose range is the same as that of LSD and unlike LSD overdoses and drug mixes are not benign.

Proceed with caution, in the knowledge you're working with the ultimate in sedation that benzodiazepines can offer.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_flubromazolam
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for submitting this report, Asante. :) This stuff seems like it's very dangerous for many people. In order to use this you absolutely must use liquid measurement and have an accurate scale to create your solutions (ie, not rely on vendor's claimed weight). Even then, the potential to black out and keep dosing is high, if that's the sort of behavior you exhibit on benzos, and there have been deaths from overdose from this one, I believge I recall hearing about a death at as little as 3mg. Most benzos are nearly impossible to OD on, but not flubromazolam.

Just wanted to put that out there, as your report makes it sound great and appealing, but a solid measure of caution is needed with this one.

Glad to submit! I put a bunch of harm reduction info in the post but its worth re-emphasizing that if you have a benzo who's subjective effects are most akin to that of barbiturates, the dangers will be more akin to those of barbiturates too. If its great at gushing Chloride ions through the gateway, its going to be risky in high doses and drug combinations. Also, like you say, pacman syndrome is very common on benzos, that you keep popping them like M&Ms while blacked out.

This was my favorite benzo. I used to take the pellets from the clearnet all day every day for at least a year. I can't remember what they were dosed at. 0.75mg i think.

One time i took 6 at once under the tounge, sat on the edge of my bed for sleep, and it made my heart hurt/feel really 'off' as soon as they had all dissolved. Like a massive strain on it. Kinda stabbing pain.

It worried me and put me off them. Or at least from taking such a big dose at once.

smoke this drug

Ill echo this.

I have only ever smoked it. And i think i will only ever smoke it. The insane duration is frightening if taken orally and a slight dose miscalculation and you could be cast as extra in the walking dead for the next 72 hours.

Smoked duration is long as hell too. Never have i smoked a drug where i felt it going strong 18 hours later. Excellent sleep though.

Smoked flubromazolam is for the most advanced benzo users with tolerance. The dose response curve is unforgiving. A good enough hit of it could easily cause a fatal benzo overdose, especially if it has build up in your system from prior doses.

To be crystal clear: avoid flubromazolam unless you are an expert. It is the most dangerous RC benzo by far and unlike many benzos it is easy to die from it alone.

Id guess that a single oral dose of 8-9mg has a good chance of killing a benzo naive adult without medical intervention. They'd have better chance surving 12mg of clonazolam.

What makes flubromazolam dangerous is the pharmacokinetics.

"In the same healthy volunteer study, serum concentrations of flubromazolam were found to peak at 5 hours following the oral ingestion of a 0.5-mg dose. Interestingly, despite a downward trend of serum concentrations a second peak occurred at 8 hours after ingestion"

That is recipe for a delusion of sobriety disaster.

Last edited:
What a fantastic trip report! Definitely adding this too my list which has clonazolam, flualprazolam, alprazolam and etizolem powder. Can't wait I love benzos!! 😇

I would not recommend clonazolam.

But this would be nice:

3-(1-methyl-4-piperazinyl)-7-bromo-1,3-dihydro-1-ethyl-5-(2,3-methylenedioxyphenyl)-1,4-benzodiazepine-2-one.png

LIL SID ISAAC ASIMOV OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN ANDREA ANDREW & NEWT'S CAESAR'S PALACE & ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL
3-(4-piperazinyl)-7-bromo-1,3-dihydro-1-ethyl-5-phenyl-1,4-benzodiazepine-2-one

To sleep, perchance to dream.
Ay, there's the rub!

Pizza! Pizza!

Go Crazy.

NO FEAR.

AIN'T SKEERED.

GIT ER DONE!

GIT ER DRUNK!

GIT ER SPUN!

Last edited:
Great report! I will avoid, but he truth is I avoid bentos and alcohol both due to "paceman" syndrome ;) Near the end of my sporadic use of benzos I swallowed 60 2mg Klonopin. Not a good trip boys. Woke in the hospital, I think they had pumped my stomach or something to that effect. I do think I would have died, but I too have heard that benzos are harder to die from by themselves than you would guess.
Great that you warned the world about this useful DIY psychnurse drug. Def there have been a few times this would have ended a problem mind state. Now I am older and wiser and not so unstable if anyone s wondering :)

Really? Only 1 Erowid report on Flubromazolam? I've had plenty of experience with it. I better get typing lol.

This one is dangerous. One time I was snorting 4 aco dmt and accidently did like 100+mg. I had a baggie of flubromazopam and dipped my finger in it. 6 days later, 5 car accidents and a totaled car later i woke up in jail
Jesus Christ man!

When I'm handling it for volumetric dosing I literally look like I'm prepping for Ebola exposure. I never understand why people have the urge to just dip their finger in SUPER POTENT POWDERS and lick their finger. Flubro is the one of the most potent benzos and the LD-50 is not too hard to reach by dipping your finger and licking it.

I'm glad you're alright though.

Jesus Christ man!

When I'm handling it for volumetric dosing I literally look like I'm prepping for Ebola exposure. I never understand why people have the urge to just dip their finger in SUPER POTENT POWDERS and lick their finger. Flubro is the one of the most potent benzos and the LD-50 is not too hard to reach by dipping your finger and licking it.

I'm glad you're alright though.
Yeah I was young and dumb, probably like 18.

I do think I would have died, but I too have heard that benzos are harder to die from by themselves than you would guess.
Yeah, what most people don't know, is that the LD-50 is SUPER high for benzodiazepines alone. However, when mixed with other drugs (such as alcohol) it is much easier to die.

I'm just going to put this out here because I think it's important to know that it is extremely hard to die from benzodiazepines alone, although that doesn't mean you shouldn't seek medical attention. For obvious reasons such as blacking out and doing stupid shit and ruining your life. You could also have an underlying condition.

But, fun fact: the acute oral LD-50 for alprazolam (Xanax) in rats is 331-2171 mg/kg (larger value being more useful generally). This means it would take 165.5-1,085.5 bars/kg to kill half the population in MICE. This means it would take much more in humans. This goes to show just how much it would take to kill a human.

However, if you mix this with alcohol/GHB/etc., your pretty much dead.

I'm just going to put this out here because I think it's important to know that it is extremely hard to die from benzodiazepines alone, although that doesn't mean you shouldn't seek medical attention. For obvious reasons such as blacking out and doing stupid shit and ruining your life. You could also have an underlying condition.

But, fun fact: the acute oral LD-50 for alprazolam (Xanax) in rats is 331-2171 mg/kg (larger value being more useful generally). This means it would take 165.5-1,085.5 bars/kg to kill half the population in MICE. This means it would take much more in humans. This goes to show just how much it would take to kill a human.

However, if you mix this with alcohol/GHB/etc., your pretty much dead.

Flubromazolam seems to be more dangerous than other benzodiazepines. A non-tolerant individual can run into serious trouble quickly with flubromazolam. It appears to induce an unusually severe combination of bradycardia, hypotension and respiratory depression at low doses.

You can smoke it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
raw, well synthesized etizolam and flubromazolam can both be smoked off foil or in a meth pipe. in my opinion, they are more enjoyable this way than iv heroin.

strongly emphasizing what a dangerous roa this is. the difference between a great high and spending three days of your life doing dumb shit is razor thin.