Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fav Australian pub/club?

arizona83

Bluelighter
Hey all I was wondering where your favourite place to go party is?

It can be for whatever reason, good layout, good tunes, hot chicks, whatever tickles your fancy.

I'd say my two fav's are The Family in Brisbane and Heaven in Adelaide (I think it's called something else now).

The Family is so flash inside, they get great dj's all the time and the vibe of the place is wicked! I got lost about 4 times on my first visit.

Heaven I loved purely cos they had the loudest thumpin sound system I'd ever heard. They had a pretty sweet main room set up aswell. Only place I've ever come across with a metal detector at the front door.

Let me know where it's all the rage!!

I'd have to say the Ambar in Perth, it's underneath another building down an alleyway and it just kicks ass, they regularly have good international acts on there and even on a normal night the house DJ's kick ass.

In Townsville I'd have to say Fuse altho its very new and yet to get decent crowds on a regular basis, it will go places. Formerly it was The Embassy (which still gets all the MOS gigs) but that place is getting run into the ground something terrible, I miss the old owners and staff :(

Gold Coast I liked Liquid for its fucking cool bar (its hard to describe, you have to see it), great music and fish tanks. And the Swingin Safari coz its actually an old QLDer kinda house rather than a club, again with great music and an awesome atmosphere.

Sydney, I met Rosie Beaton at The Clare on Friday night! =D Oh, and a heap of cool BLers too ;) There was another place in Sydney I liked but I can't remember what it was called :\

Cairns, definately Soho for dance music and My bar for their big fuck off open air balcony :D

Melbourne, definately Pop Popavich's place ;) :D

^^^^
Liquid?? Is that in Broadbeach. It wasn't called the Quest was it. I spent a new years eve there and that joint rocked!!!

i will second nickyj call on liquid, even though i only had like 3 drinks there while i was away on holiday Liquid was very funky fresh, had good music and a good area to hang, shame i had to walk about a k to get to the toilet, which is situated in the shopping centre it hangs off...

in sydney, i dont know....

i love my local bowlo, cheap beer, and close to home, in the city, i guess it would have to be fuck none of them, i go where my mates go, and thats not by choice 9/10 times... Cargo is alright, if you have about 250 bucks to get drunk with... but you always have to finish good old Jacksons On George...

Clubs... meh, i go to Yu because i can in for nothing, so any place that doesnt have a door charge is always a winner for me :p

arizona83 said:
^^^^
Liquid?? Is that in Broadbeach. It wasn't called the Quest was it. I spent a new years eve there and that joint rocked!!!

If it is the Liquid im thinking about above...

Its like smack bang across the road from Shooters...

Brisbane i loved Family and Gpo

gold Coast was liquid and cocktails and dreams

here in wagga not that i like it but its teh place to go is capitol

melbourne, although i havent been there for yrs and its prob called some thing else now was 21 in frankston

i liked mooseheads in canberra

and havent really been out in syd

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
If it is the Liquid im thinking about above...

Its like smack bang across the road from Shooters...

Nah must be a different place. The place I'm thinkin of is near that new joint Platinum.

Brisbane- was always Family and GPO (think thats wat its called)

Melbourne.....OneLove, Billboard, 161, Revolver, Lounge, Honkytonks....anywhere I can get in without paying really!!

Y&Js on a Monday nite for comedy....absolutely brilliant....get there!!

try living in newcastle and picking a favourite place... meh! You go to places cos there's no where else to go, and you follow your mates...

having said that, if you're just looking to sit back with mates and have a few beers and catch up on gossip from the weekend, nothing beats the Beaches of a Sunday lunchtime/afternoon after your morning swim at the beach, followed by the Prince of Wales Sunday evening for cheap Extra Drys. If you're looking for something extra than that, then.....I'd have no clue....I only go out Sunday's to get over the fact I have to go to work Mondays and cos there is always shit on tv sunday nights.

Otherwise, everything else in town I go to, but would not say are my favourites or anything. Places we go, we go because we know we'll know half the crowd there and the staff there, so we go more to catch up with them, and get served first at the bar!

(Shall be watching this thread closely because we're planning on Syd in a few weekends and need some good tips of places to go, and also going either Melb or Bris for a friends birthday in a few months, so likewise!)

GPO is a nice, new loungey style bar/club
numerous homely places near uni including noughtons, the clyde, plough & harrow
the evelyn coz I used to go get drunk there when I was 16

LeaderOfThePack said:
Brisbane- was always Family and GPO (think thats wat its called)

Melbourne.....OneLove, Billboard, 161, Revolver, Lounge, Honkytonks....anywhere I can get in without paying really!!

Y&Js on a Monday nite for comedy....absolutely brilliant....get there!!

Revolver is trashbag central. Too many mornings spent their on a sunday trying to comprehend where the fuck i am and what im doing there :p

Melbourne

Revolver? hahahaha NIEN

De Biers & Wild Bills

Melbourne is great for going out theres so many choices!
Its a great city for house music (ONELOVE & two floors up my favs) wouldnt mind some more good trance nights though i found the crowds just arent my thing, i donno probably just going to the wrong places.
Usually just wait for big nights like two tribes/godskitchen to come round:D

Melbourne

Revolver JAAA ;)

I'm just a little bit ashamed to admit I have probably spent the better part of many, many months cocooned inside that place on Sunday mornings, afternoons and sometimes evenings over the last few years.

Nothing more needs to be said about how trashy it is than to point out that at one point, the club advertised the fact that it was open 54 hours over the weekend as a selling point.

To those of us who enjoy it, it's something akin to a religious experience, though it has changed in the last few years and lost a lot of the color it used to have when I started going.

One way that I think about the place is that it's like the TV show Cheers with drugs. I've also noticed that people generally either love it, or hate it.

Brisbane - The BEAT in the mid/late nineties/early zero's before they changed it, followed by a short stroll down to Morning Glory

Last edited: