• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

F&T's Top 100 Horror Movies

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
i was checking out another film message board yesterday, and they had a pretty cool thing going on. an bunch of threads titled "Top 100 Blank Movies." "blank" could be anything that at least 100 great examples of exist.

we should steal this game. i figured horror movies is a nice general category that we can get a 100 of without too much trouble.

so you just number the title you are contributing, counting down from a hundred. can't go out of order. and then you add anything else you want. poster art. why you think it deserves its rank on the list. a screenshot or gif from your favorite scene. nothing more at all. or whatever else.

so it would go like:

100. Night of the Living Dead ('68)

because it is kind of boring but has a few classic scenes that legitimized and set the tone for a booming sub-genre of horror films.

tumblr_lrujljkA1n1qh2tf9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lrdka422p31r345rmo1_500.gif

and then #99 is next...

99 Eraserhead ('77)
David Lynch's seminal abstract work plays magical tricks of both sound and image. The incessant industrial noise, the crying baby, the radiator whistles and the suckling puppies.... *head explodes*. He's got a knack of combining both horror and hilarity, like no one else has.

38747_o.gif

eraserhead2.jpg

2699570_o.gif

eraserhead.jpeg

tumblr_leyz30x5gW1qe0eclo1_r5_500.gif

96. Nosferatu (1922 - F. W. Murnau)

Still creepy after all these years. The image of Count Orlok freaked me out like no other as a kid.

nosferatu.gif

Schreck.jpg

I'm going to put this in as it is the only horror film that really shook me up (as in a week of nightmares), admittedly I was quite young when I saw it. Still amazing achievement to make a horror film entirely based on an incredibley slow moving ball of slime.

94. The Blob (1958, Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr)

tumblr_ls1rimcLPb1qgzpvdo1_400.jpg

theblob583.jpg

4oZbKbCteqaqtfty5PXwtC8yo1_r1_500.jpg

blobfloor.jpg

Last edited:
Counting backwards is harder than it looks!

93. Silence of the Lambs (1991 - Jonathan Demme)

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. That is all.

tumblr_lbn1lomAZD1qdy5ajo1_500.gif

Hellraiser-1987
cuz cenobites are scary mothafuckas...
193616.1020.A.jpg

Last edited:
yay, i was hoping we'd like this.

91. Shadow of the Vampire

an ode to a great movie--that i believe surpasses its inspiration.

tumblr_llfori52O61qb7328o1_500.gif

tumblr_llfou6HdRJ1qb7328o1_500.gif

Thread makes me feel like I'm viewing a Tumblr acct. So, just to make sure I'm on the same page, the 'rankings' are essentially arbitrary?

87. Girly ('70)

0064704.jpg

follows a formula created by far better horror classics, but not a bad presentation of the psychopath family--especially the pseudo-lolita.

So, just to make sure I'm on the same page, the 'rankings' are essentially arbitrary?
^not necessarily. more just to be taken with a grain of salt. it is up to participants to decide how much emphasis they want to put on 'em, but i'm definitely saving some favorites for further down the list.