Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Exploitation of children

doofqueen

Bluelighter
Explotation of children

What do people think of baby competitions, child beauty pagents and child stars?

I have always hated this with a passion and think it's making a child into a commodity of sorts. I don't think it's right making a five year old little girl wake up at 4am to lather herself with makeup, curled eyelashes and what not , teaching her to batt her eyelashes at judges and all the rest of the bullshit that comes with it. It's just wrong wrong wrong wrong in my opinion.

Same goes with putting kids into photo competitions and entering them in modelling things. I think it's teaching children (especially girls) that looks are the most important thing to get you through society and will lead them into psycological and self esteem problems.

Also i assume the parents are the ones that pocket any cash from these expeditions. I hope that if any kids are involved in this sort of thing a bank account is at least opened up for them.

I really really hate seeing little girls dressed up in fuck me boots too...

So what do people think? Has anyone done this to their kids or did this as a child themselves?

luckily i havent had this problem...

but parents living through their kids is a bit of a problem.,...

kids should be allowed to grow up when and how they want...

unfortunately beauty pagents are more for the parents own ego rather than the kids...

Back before the industrial revolution children were treated as small adults and not these precious vases we treat them today. Seriously, I cant stand how society treats children like this golden commodity that must be cared for like a small retarded animal. Anyone who can function their body and think independantly should be treated the same as an adult. Some may use the excuse that children dont have the sensibility, resillience or knowledge to make their own choices, but time and time again this is proven wrong. If a kid can speak - then ask it if it wants to be involved in anything. I hate the fact that children that are as old as 10 get trialed as children for murder. They fucking should be treated as an adult, they did the crime and should be punished within the moral structure they live within.

Explotation of children ? You must be kidding. I though this thread was going to be about 7 and 8 year girls and boys in indonesia being sold as prostitutes. Now that will lead to psychological and self esteem problems.

Modelling competitions leading to problems ? Not unless their parents are fucking psycho's and put that type of behavior before anything else and make it the most important thing in their lives until they are ready to leave home.

I think that we need to stop treating children so stupidly. They are far more intelligent and insightful than some of the world's leaders at the moment. Maybe thats our problem ? We need to replace them with children :)

I can somewhat comment on this..
From a veeeery young age, I was thrust into dancing [tap / classical / jazz / etc.].

This involved much primping, makeup, curlers and costumes, right through.

I was originally enrolled by my parents [my Mum, I am sure, experienced great joy watching me perform and get awards], and I continued for a long time.
I eventually quit because of the bitchiness and ever increasing pressure. :(

It's just amazing, how caught up you can get in it all..vaseline on the teeth [all of the lights dry it out, cos' you're smiling a fuck load]. :\

And erm, wtf?
BREAKaBEAT said:
Anyone who can function their body and think independantly should be treated the same as an adult.
^The point is, they don't. :\
I'm sure there are others far more qualified to tackle these points, but the fact remains, they are treated with caution because they are developing.
I'm sorry, but no matter what you say, you did not come out of the womb with the ideas and intelligence you now have.

BREAKaBEAT said:
Modelling competitions leading to problems ? Not unless their parents are fucking psycho's and put that type of behavior before anything else and make it the most important thing in their lives until they are ready to leave home.
^Who are you to comment on other peoples psychological hurts?

Last edited:
My sister was into baby comps with her kids and I didn't see it as anything major - she did it as a fun social thing - I guess for some people it gets out of hand and it becomes more about them then the kid. When it gets to this point then it does get ugly.

I take my son to his hockey comp games and I'm just estatic to see him playing, whatever the outcome - and thats what it should be about :)

if the child is enjoying themselves then I do not see the harm.

For some girls I am sure this is as appealing for them as an under-8s footy game for boys.

Originally posted by BREAKaBEAT
Anyone who can function their body and think independantly should be treated the same as an adult.

Originally posted by CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT

And erm, wtf?

^The point is, they don't. :\

Ohhhhhhhh yes they can. When they are as old as 4 or 5 they can talk and walk, even younger. Children that were 8 years old were working all day and night and smoking and drinking and talking with adults until about the early 18 hundreds when they started getting killed in mines in the industrial revolution, they took them out and realised that they would be needed for future generations. It was only because their bodies were too small. If you can talk and walk - make the choice to do it. I am not saying they can make all choices, but if they are doing modelling ect as their own choice then the potential for the parents to take over and over impress this industry to them is taken away. They are doing it out of their own free will.

I'm sure there are others far more qualified to tackle these points, but the fact remains, they are treated with caution because they are developing.
I'm sorry, but no matter what you say, you did not come out of the womb with the ideas and intelligence you now have.

Of course not. but I mean.. how much intelligence do you need to exercise your free will ? Thats what is needed here. If you enable the child to make choices about his/her life as early as possible then they will understand and value their own worth as they gain age. Again, childrens minds are undervalued.

Originally posted by BREAKaBEAT

^Who are you to comment on other peoples psychological hurts?

errrrrrrrr.......... ??

The only reason that something like this would be a 'psychological' hurt would be because the child is told it is bad. I mean having sex with children is unmentionable now, but back a looooooooonnng time ago in Greece, if a small boy was fucked anally it was a show of respect for the boy and there was none of this stigma attached to the act like their is now. For the boy it was the beginning of his manhood. What im saying darling its that its all about perspective. I don't see how putting a kid in a few modelling shows could damage them psychologically. What might, as with anything, is them being forced into a situation time and time again that they are uncomfortable with. Its for the parent and child to discuss and for a mutually benefitting agreement coming out of it. I am talking about kids who are old enough to speak. For the ones that can't I would love to see some research done into how deeply psychologically disturbed babies are being made up and have photos taken of them, for all you know, they probably love the attention !

Again, don't underestimate children, also l find it dangerous and uncomfortable people as old as ourselves feel that children could be damaged so easily.

Last edited:
BREAKaBEAT... I don't think i was actually saying that children are so fragile and what not like you are implying. I treat my own child as a "grown up in the making" and always let him make his own desisions (for his appropriate age range while dealing with safety aspects etc) but i think some of the chilren in these things are made to feel like they do like what they are doing ie brainwashed in a way or see how much their parents enjoy it so they just want to please them.

I'm in no way saying that this is worse then the child explotation that you are thinking of ....but this is a different topic. It's not actually what i wanted ideas and thoughts about but thanks for your contribution to the thread :)

Children should still have the right to a childhood however...thats what being a child is about after all.

I think for the most part child beauty pagents are relatively harmless. However sometimes parents over-step the mark and make these pagents the most important thing in the childs life. Anything which focusses on the exterior is harmful to the child's opinion of themself IMHO [regardless of whether that child is seen as attractive by societal standards.] There are things that are far more beneficial to the childs development than winning a beauty pagent.

Ultimately I don't see the point in them...

^^ from my sister's experience... it was a social thing that got her out of the house and meeting other women.

And BREAKaBEAT I really can't agree with you on this one. A child is definitely not able to apply a reasoned and rational argument to a situation until WAY past the time they are able to walk and talk. Just because they can do the basic physical actions of an adult does not mean their mind is developed enough to make these kid of decisions.

BREAKaBEAT
Do you have qualifications in child psychology?

Children are not fully developed emotionally, physically or psychologically and are not able to make their own decisions. That is why we, as adults, their parents and guardians, have to make the decisions for them. I'm not suggesting we don't ask children what they want, but if a child wants to eat chocolate all day long or doesn't want to go to school, we're hardly going to allow that because its not beneficial to their development.

I have no idea what the analogy regarding anal sex and small boys was all about, but I do know that children are damaged psychologically extremely easily - to the point where once fully developed as adults, they still suffer the effects.

With regard to the topic, like most people here, I think its great if kids are encouraged to do things that are fun and develop social skills like sport, performing in public etc. My mum wanted me to do ballet when I was little and I loved it. I loved the dressing up and performing and pictures being taken etc. This was definitely not exploitation, just little girls dressing up and having fun.

Going to the extreme where children are forced to perform any activity to the point where it becomes a major priority in their lives and their parents constantly put pressure on them to perform well, is not healthy.

Originally posted by haste
^^ from my sister's experience... it was a social thing that got her out of the house and meeting other women.

Whatever happened to playgroup? Why does a mother need to enter her child into a beauty pagent to get that kind of social interaction?

I think sporting comps are fine. It promotes physical activity and good health and doesn't concentrate on "beauty"

up all night said:
And BREAKaBEAT I really can't agree with you on this one. A child is definitely not able to apply a reasoned and rational argument to a situation until WAY past the time they are able to walk and talk. Just because they can do the basic physical actions of an adult does not mean their mind is developed enough to make these kid of decisions.

And no one else will agree with me either. We have conditioned our society in a certain way in how to treat children. Because they are treated with such gross displays of 'care' and we constantly underestimate their worth we treat them like I said before like small retarded animals, and they then act like small retarded animals. I dont really think that a decision in putting themselves in a few beauty pagents is that big of a decision and it empowers the child. Which then would take away the potential for 'psychological' damage.

up all night said:
Originally posted by haste

Whatever happened to playgroup? Why does a mother need to enter her child into a beauty pagent to get that kind of social interaction?

Different courses for different horses - just like not all dads take their kids to Auskick. I guess at the time she was introduced to it from her existing social circle and she enjoyed it.

Its another social activity, I don't see any harm in it - just like playing a sport. The activity isn't the problem - an adults egotistical and competitive nature can turn anything ugly. I've seen this with friends competing with each other through their kids, let alone strangers at a beauty pageant.

BREAKaBEAT said:
Ohhhhhhhh yes they can. When they are as old as 4 or 5 they can talk and walk, even younger. Children that were 8 years old were working all day and night and smoking and drinking and talking with adults until about the early 18 hundreds when they started getting killed in mines in the industrial revolution, they took them out and realised that they would be needed for future generations. It was only because their bodies were too small. If you can talk and walk - make the choice to do it. I am not saying they can make all choices, but if they are doing modelling ect as their own choice then the potential for the parents to take over and over impress this industry to them is taken away. They are doing it out of their own free will.

I think the point of the thread is not when its done through their own free will, but when it is forcibly imposed upon them by their parents.

... but I mean.. how much intelligence do you need to exercise your free will ? Thats what is needed here. If you enable the child to make choices about his/her life as early as possible then they will understand and value their own worth as they gain age.

Perhaps not intelligence, but wisdom is something you gain with age. A child will not be able to make their own informed decision at such an age, nor will they be aware of any possible consequences. Do you think that 5year old bodybuilder in russia is concerned about his stunted growth? I bet he likes being the toughest little kid around, and being able to lift like daddy.
Kids will do what is 'cool', what their peers want them to do, or what will provide them with an immediate positive outcome and no obvious backlash. The mature kid is a rarity. Hell, I'm legally an adult, and I know I'm not mature enough to make some of the choices I'm confronted with

Again, childrens minds are undervalued.
Childrens minds are simple. They are not filled with half of the mindless crap adults deal with day to day. They are not aware of any serious consequences.

Hmmm. psycho obsessive parents. I think this might be relative

The only reason that something like this would be a 'psychological' hurt would be because the child is told it is bad. I mean having sex with children is unmentionable now, but back a looooooooonnng time ago in Greece, if a small boy was fucked anally it was a show of respect for the boy and there was none of this stigma attached to the act like their is now. For the boy it was the beginning of his manhood. What im saying darling its that its all about perspective. I don't see how putting a kid in a few modelling shows could damage them psychologically. What might, as with anything, is them being forced into a situation time and time again that they are uncomfortable with. Its for the parent and child to discuss and for a mutually benefitting agreement coming out of it. I am talking about kids who are old enough to speak. For the ones that can't I would love to see some research done into how deeply psychologically disturbed babies are being made up and have photos taken of them, for all you know, they probably love the attention !

You bring up a valid point.

Are you prepared to go have sex with a little boy now in this day and age?
No? I'm not.
Taboo is relative.
But you dont see every kid these days dancing and performing, do you?

Not all children will mature at quite the same rate. Fortunately, not all children are forced into maturity either. I would be hanging from a length of rope had anyone tried with me.

BREAKaBEAT: It's not a matter of a 'conditioned' society. I don't believe we treat children as 'small retarded animals'. We treat them with the respect and care they deserve considering they as yet do not have the experience required to decide what is best for them. No-one is saying 'putting them in a few pagents' is going to be particularly damaging... I think most people are saying that when the focus is the pagent there is something wrong. And more specifically... what is the point except for the gratification of the parents?

i agree with BREAKaBEAT
kids have it way too easy these days anyway

^ Definitely. There are so many sweat shops in need of good cheap labour these days. Damn those child liberation groups!