• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Eight-circuit Model of Consciousness—Dosage guide needed

Methoxetamine came close to solving ketamine's problem. But that created new problems.. and now it's banned. Good times, though.

You can always throw some cough medicine at your acid. Tried and true trick. :) Makes your stomach work for your fancy mind state, so you're unlikely to overdo it.

I did once take some DXM after using morning glory seeds as a chewing tobacco - like formulation, powdered and mixed with baking soda, and for some reason it made the DXM effect feel less anxiety-provoking than usual. The ergolines are also dopamine agonists, maybe that's a reason for some of the mood elevating properties.

That's funny, usually it's the other way around, with DXM's dissociation being used to take away the anxiety typical with psychedelics, so you can go higher without worrying about set and setting too much.

But it's "dirty" enough of a chemical to have its own psychedelic component, I can see how there could be fear at low doses.

That's funny, usually it's the other way around, with DXM's dissociation being used to take away the anxiety typical with psychedelics, so you can go higher without worrying about set and setting too much.

But it's "dirty" enough of a chemical to have its own psychedelic component, I can see how there could be fear at low doses.

If you get nauseous on DXM, you can feel it as anxiety until you realize "oh, I have to puke", and after doing that the nervousness goes away. Also, the numbing effect of DXM on the senses can make you think that something bad could be going on inside your body without you feeling it. The old "DXM FAQ" mentions panic attacks as a possible side effect.

Methoxetamine came close to solving ketamine's problem. But that created new problems.. and now it's banned. Good times, though.

Ketamine is still being used in research for depression. It actually changes the structural interactions of neurons in a more or less permanent way

Last edited:
Oh ketamine is a great emergency handbreak for when life goes severely south. But we're talking consciousness exploration here. Those areas can overlap, suicidal tendencies can transform into fascination with disconnecting mind from body. But they are essentially distinct. Very few people can have ketamine around and only use a high dose, say, once a month. More than that and you have to start worrying about kidney health.

A great misunderstanding about dissociatives is that they just turn you off, like the name seems to indicate. But they're psychoplastogens just like the psychedelics, and these two "brain steroid" varieties potentiate each other massively. Benzos do no such thing, throw a xanex at a psychedelic and the effect gets diminished, or completely cancelled.

If you get nauseous on DXM, you can feel it as anxiety until you realize "oh, I have to puke", and after doing that the nervousness goes away. Also, the numbing effect of DXM on the senses can make you think that something bad could be going on inside your body without you feeling it. The old "DXM FAQ" mentions panic attacks as a possible side effect.

Oh I see. It becomes second nature over time to breathe into the bodily discomfort.. which it is essentially. If you frame it as fear you wouldn't expect weed to help with it, yet it helps immensely, by physically taking the edge off the nausea, by putting you in a meditative breath-oriented state before DXM takes over that function, and by colouring the mindspace so that remaining immobile becomes congenial. Once you've returned safely enough times from higher plateaus, the bodily numbing becomes normal, moreover, it becomes the sweet sweet release from an hour of stomach torture! Nothing quite like euphoria accentuated by introductory struggles. But one can start low and gradually build up over follow-up sessions at one's own pace, so there don't have to be sudden, unpleasant surprises.

"The Clear White Light" was an experience which I had but one time many years ago. The whole world became light and washed myself and all creation in it's glow. Has anyone here had that experience AND how many micrograms of LSD were you on when the experience occurred?

MXE was just an ACH but it just happened to be just so tuned as to measure up to LSD's standards of clarity.

Why? Fuck knows.