• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy related death on the Gold Coast

Until it's confirmed we can't assume that this girl's death was related to PMA, even though it also happened in Queensland.

The Austinville teenager, who had no known history of drug use, died after taking five tablets during what police called 'naive experimenting' in the early hours of Saturday.

Police say it is unlikely Ms Vaina took PMA. It is thought she consumed a different type of tablet and it was just the sheer volume of ecstasy she ingested over five or six hours that led to her death.

From HERE

lil angel15 said:
thats so sad. Just say no is failing miserably. this forum should be compulsory for students so they can educate themselves on the facts of drug use

koggi said:
thats so sad. Just say no is failing miserably. this forum should be compulsory for students so they can educate themselves on the facts of drug use

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Death may be linked to lethal drug
Jodie Munro O'Brien
August 23, 2007 12:00am

POLICE are investigating whether the death of an 18-year-old Gold Coast girl and a toxic drug being passed off as ecstasy could be linked.

State Drug and Property Crime Group Detective Superintendent Brian Wilkins said police were making inquires to find out if the ecstasy pills that caused Blair Elizabeth Vana's death on Saturday contained a lethal dose of para-methoxyamphetamine, or PMA.

"We are conducting investigations related to the tragic death of the 17-year-old," he said.

Det Supt Wilkins said the small purple pills contained PMA, a type of amphetamine drug that is both a stimulant and hallucinogen.

Police said although PMA's effects are similar to drugs such as ecstasy (MDMA), PMA was more toxic and often lethal.

"They are being sold as ecstasy, they look like ecstasy, but they are in fact PMA," Det Supt Wilkins said.

Courier Mail

I suspect it was PMA

lil angel15 said:
I spoke with the police in Brisbane today and they said there was no link between the two people charged over supplying the girl who died and the seizure of PMA pills over the weekend. They also said that a toxicology report on the dead girl wouldn't be ready for *** "five or six weeks" ***

The forensic examination on the pills they seized on the weekend was done in a couple of days. Hence the ability to issue a media statement that the DG stamped pills are PMA and not MDMA.

If the police were really serious they would have a toxicology report done much faster than this. If they can test the pills this quick why not the blood of the dead girl.

I posted an article about PMA on my blog http://jlefevre.bigblog.com.au

Better to test anything you get at the moment. Or at the very least take a half first and give the pill time to work before dropping another. Don't do anything dumb like this girl did and take four or five pills at once.

Party safe everyone

DJ_NRG said:
I spoke with the police in Brisbane today and they said there was no link between the two people charged over supplying the girl who died and the seizure of PMA pills over the weekend.

It's interesting you should say that. A Gold Coast News report indicated there was a link between the two charged and the D&G's.

Gold Coast News said:
Following the death of Ms Vaina and the collapse of her 17-year-old boyfriend, who was hospitalised, detectives charged a 19-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman, both from Varsity Lakes, with drug offences including allegedly supplying Ms Vaina with ecstasy tablets.

Police sources told The Bulletin that information uncovered during the arrest of the Varsity Lakes pair led police to another Gold Coast address where the deadly, pale purple tablets were located.

Gold Coast News

I believe half of what I see and none of what I hear :)

lil angel15 said:
It's interesting you should say that. A Gold Coast News report indicated there was a link between the two charged and the D&G's.

Gold Coast News
To me it seems to much of a coincidence too. The day after the two were arrested there's a press release from the police about the "purple" pills stamped "DG".
That's why I phoned them. I was going to put another piece on my blog about it. The PR woman point blank denied there was a link between the arrest and the DG pills. Then again, wouldn't be the first time the police have lied to the press. If she didn't know she's supposed to find out. Personally I think it's to coincidental. The policewoman also said the girls boyfriend hadn't given any description of the pills but I also think that is very unlikely.
I guess my whole point is that it's very easy to say "ecstasy" and give MDMA another bad wrap when in fact what these pills probably were was PMA . . . and if the coppers were serious they'd get the toxicology test done faster.

Party safe %)

Last edited:
No jail over death for teen drug dealer
By Daniel Pace
December 10, 2007 05:47pm

A GOLD Coast teenager who supplied some of the ecstasy pills which killed her best friend has avoided a conviction being recorded against her.

Kimberley Anne Sellieck, 18, of Robina, was sentenced to two years probation and 75 hours' community service today when she appeared in Southport Magistrates Court.

She pleaded guilty to three counts of supplying a dangerous drug following the death of her close friend Blair Elizabeth Vaina, 18, of Austinville, on August 18.

Ms Vaina died after a drug overdose while on a fishing trip with friends near Jabiru Island on the Gold Coast.

In October, Sellieck's boyfriend Benjamin William Hill, 19, of Hollywell, was sentenced to two years' probation and 200 hours' community service after pleading guilty to four counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

The court was told Hill had arranged to meet Ms Vaina and her boyfriend at a pool hall in Mermaid Beach earlier on the day of the fishing trip and had sold her four ecstasy tablets for $100.

Sellieck's solicitor Jason Murakami said today that Ms Vaina had taken three of the pills before receiving another two from his client later on.

He said Ms Vaina had been hallucinating before taking the extra pills, telling Sellieck "you have a black bar and a cross on your head".

Ms Vaina allegedly told Sellieck she had wanted to keep up with her 17-year-old boyfriend, who also collapsed after taking the ecstasy, but survived.

While describing Ms Vaina's death as a "traumatic and unfortunate incident", Mr Murakami said Sellieck had not supplied the ecstasy tablets to make any money.

"It's become culturally accepted for teenagers to take ecstasy tablets," he said.

"The group had been taking them regularly for 12 months. Someone else could've been sitting here (in the court) and my client could have passed away."

In sentencing, Magistrate Catherine Pirie told Sellieck: "Tragically this represents a problem that seems to me is not uncommon in the community.

"Groups of young people get together and take ecstasy tablets on weekends.

"I hope this is a clear lesson to all young people, as well as yourself, about the tragic consequences that can apply to this type of behaviour."

News.com.au