Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ecstasy refrences in mainstream music

dan887

Bluelighter
this year i've noticed a lot of hidden messages and refrences to ecstasy in music. I was wondering if anyone knows any more. They are mainly found in house music (not suprisingly)...for example:

Boogie Pimps - Sunny
- "swallowed me an E to ease the pain"
- "i hug you"

Cristian Alexanda - Party Anthem
- "all the honeyz on the couch, they be buzzin' on E"

Eric Prydz - Call on me
- "Swallow EEEEEE, Swallow an E"

Solitaire - I'm Thinking Of You
- "Now i'm living in Ecstasy"

Scribe - Not Many
- "How many dudes you know roll like this"

D12 - Purple Pills
- "I pop four E's at one time"

i've heard more but I couldn't remember them off the top of my head. if anyone knows any more please add some.

There are plenty of mediums that have these "references" ..

The simpsons for example has a high "drug reference" hit rate...

I don't think thats what Scribe is referring to.

Its funny how you start assuming that everything has drug references when you start taking drugs, you never noticed that before..... =D

Mainstream eh? What about that song with kylie minogue and robbie williams from a couple of years ago - can't remember the name, it had the lyrics by kylie "I've been dropping beats since back in black" If you think of the whole song about ecstasy it kind of makes sense - then again I'm probably just imagining it.

The Streets - Blinded By The Light

That whole song is just about him sitting in the club waiting for his mates to turn up and drops a pill and waits for the come on, then takes another and realises *oops*. =D
Whole album is great.

Psychadelic_Paisly said:

That whole song is just about him sitting in the club waiting for his mates to turn up and drops a pill and waits for the come on, then takes another and realises *oops*. =D
Whole album is great.

That's a tune n a half, love it! =D

And yeah, think Scribe just means roll as in hang out or whatever. It's a pretty common term in rap music.

Might find these two threads handy aswell...
song lyrics mentioning/about ecstasy
how many songs with X references?

Black Eyed Peas (I can't remember the song title)
"You take me to ecstasy, without taking ecstasy, it's exactly like ecstasy when you're layin' right next to me."

alot of songs by the streets refer and talk about ecstasy, actually i think most of their songs from original pirate material are about ecstasy or mention ecstasy

Psychadelic_Paisly said:

I just went and listened to this for the first time. Awesome :) loved it. Thanks for suggesting it.

What kind of performance does mike skinner do? Is it like a dj set or does he mc as well. I heard a bit of him interviewed on jjj and he was saying he doesnt much like the live thing.

I think everything has a drug reference these days. Especially black and white films for some reason. they all look like they are tripping. If you can just tune yourself in close enough to things you can pull a reference out of anywhere.

The other day I went to the bakery and couldn't even order a poppy-seed roll with a straight face... it's a dark day when everything has a way of relating to drugs :p

Originally posted by Juvenile
What kind of performance does mike skinner do? Is it like a dj set or does he mc as well. I heard a bit of him interviewed on jjj and he was saying he doesnt much like the live thing.

i think he sometimes has a dj spin with him, but he just mcs the entire time. i saw them the first time they came out, and it was a really fantastic performance.

does anyone remember that song from ages ago called "Ebineezagood" by "The Shamen"?. Pretty much the chorus went something like this...."E's are good E's are good...he's Ebineezergood". That song must be well over 10 years old, probibly singing about some wicked old school Ecstacy. From what I can recall the video clip to it was pretty trippy too.

my innerself said:
does anyone remember that song from ages ago called "Ebineezagood" by "The Shamen"?. Pretty much the chorus went something like this...."E's are good E's are good...he's Ebineezergood".
Haha yeah. It wasn't til a mate pointed that bit out a few years ago that I got the lyrics underlying meaning. Quite funny at the time actually being under the influence.

'Motorcycle - As the rush comes' is another.
"embrace me, surround me, as the rush comes".

innerself: i heard that track on the radio the other day!!
and scribe says in one of his songs, something along the lines of "people think im on drugs cos im up in the club dancing by myself like i dont give a fuck"

d12: these drugs - "grinding the teeth is a sign of the E"

weird i played that streets track to my mates tonight after a sesh.
haha that BEP rhyme makes me laugh
and does he really say "E's are good"?
ROFL