• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Extraction

I've got 4 oz of Robo, I've got the Zippo Lighter Fluid, and all other bags, etc. necessary for extraction...BUT ONE MAJOR FLAW.
My Ammonia is lemon scented, now hear me out...I really want to trip, will the lemon ammonia cause minimal harm? Because I'm willing to risk that.

Please and thank you - Jbab

Alright I was hoping to find answers elsewhere instead of necro'ing the thread but alas I've come up short.

I have all the materials needed for extracting DMT, but I want to try my hand at DXM extraction.

1). Will an aqueous solution of Lye be okay for basifying the syrup? I can't imagine why not but just making sure. It looks like the pH doesn't need to be raised as high as MHRB powder to extract alkaloids so I assume I would use less lye to avoid emulsions? Don't suppose anyone knows the ideal pH for the mixture?

2). My solvent is shitty. Canada kind of sucks for that. Coleman Camp Fuel was all I was able to obtain, for use in extracting DMT. It works for DMT just fine AS LONG AS I DON'T EVAPORATE. If i recrystallize, the product comes out clean. Evaporation leaves a scummy green residue on my spice (don't worry, threw it out). So my question here is does DXM precipitate out at freezer-cold temps like DMT or no? I have searched and searched for an answer to this to no avail.

Agent Lemon Problems

So I followed the Dextroverse http://www.dextroverse.org/extractions.html instructions. But both times I have mixed the Syrup, naphtha and ammonia and it never completely separates. The top naphtha/dxm layer is not clear like it is supposed to be. The first time i kept going and made it. Should have been around 375mg of dxm but I only got a slight buzz hours afterward. 2nt time: Im now using a different ammonia and different syrup and its still cloudy, not clear. Whats going on? Thanks! . (Secont time I mixed it glass, 1st time mixed it in plastic.)

Using vm&p nampha
1st time used albertsons ammonia then great value ammonia the 2nt time
Used a bottle of Robitussin long acting cough. 2nt time used Vicks dayquil cough. Both just had dxm, nothing elts.

Heres a pic after about 2 hours or a bit longer http://imageshack.us/a/img829/3244/djx6.jpg

Last edited:
synthesis questions are not allowed on BL. If you want to get fucked up off of cough syrup, buy shit that has just DXM in it, and down a bottle or two. Naptha and ammonia are pretty toxic chemicals, and best left to people who know what they are really doing - sorry but that doesnt sound like you.

Maybe it's dissolved shit from the mixing container? Make sure to use an all-glass container for the mixing and extraction. Give it a rinse with a little plain naphtha first - make sure there's no rubber or paint on the inside of the cap that gets dissolved by the naptha Then give it a soapy water wash, then a hot water wash, then cold water. You don't want anything that can interfere with your seperation.

Could be soap in the ammonia that is making an emulsion. Make sure the ammonia is just ammonia; check the MSDS for your product. Or it could be the ammonia is not strong enough to basify the DXM, and you need to add more.

It could be residual water soluble garbage just suspended in there because of the propylene glycol or something. You can try adding a little more naptha to the bag and giving it another shake and seeing if that fixes it. Then you can always drain off the bottom layer, save it (in case you want to extract with naptha again) and rinse the naptha with brine to remove the water soluble stuff.

Make a solution of brine - take 100 grams of salt and 250ml of tap water, mix it vigorously, then filter or decant the brine off of the salt at the bottom. Add the brine and the naptha layer to a bag, shake it, and the brine should go cloudy while the top layer goes clear (hopefully). Then drain off the brine and pitch it out.

What kind of plastic did you use?

Hey thanks for the info. I figured it out! So I bought 3 Ammonas from 3 different stores, all were clear one even said "clear". This morning I went to ace and found some janitorial strength ammonia that says no rinse performance. I shook it up and there were no bubble like the first 3 I bought, haha. The extraction is separating like normal now. Thanks man! The The brine Idea is nice too. Ill keep that in my tool belt. Thanks!

I shook it up and there were no bubble like the first 3 I bought, haha.

I recall reading that you have to use ammonia that doesn't form bubbles or suds when you shake it. if it goes bubbly, it's not pure ammonium hydroxide in water.

Yea so the ammonia I had said 'clear' but it still bubbled and foamed. I went and got some janitorial strength stuff that says 'so rinse formula' or something like that and replaced the lemon juice with pure citric acid (dissolved in water) and every thing turned out great. Thanks for the advice and info guys.

Yes I think it calls for the 'non-sudsy' kind.

While synthesis discussion is not allowed here, extraction is not synthesis, Kid Amine.

Merging this with the DXM extraction thread.

I've heard that coricidin is like the worst source for dxm but I've heard you can extract the deadly cpm with cold water. I attempted and I'm left with what is now a fine pink powder. Is this powder safe to take or is it just as dangerous as popping the pills? The pills totaled 480 mg of dxm and I heard that some dxm gets dissolved into the water with the cpm so I assume there's like 300 mg left in this powder, is it good to trip on?

It is too hard to say IMO unless you explain what you did and tell us whether you weighed the resulting extract or not.

Ok we'll ill admit I'm a beginner to dxm and I'm aiming for a second plateau experience I would just go buy some robogel caps but I'm broke right now and I just happened to have triple cs, I read on some website that the cpm can be removed so I followed the tut and crushed all 16 pills, put them in a glass and poured some water on top of them and stirred it for awhile then I put an ice cube in the mixture and let it sit for like 4 hours stirring it every 15 mins or so. I grabbed another glass and fitted chopped up pantyhose on top of it and slowly poured the pink water through the pantyhose it took awhile because the water drained slowly and I had to pour it bit by bit but after the whole mixture went through their was pink sludge left on top and I flipped the pantyhose inside out and squeezed as much liquid out as I could and was left with a pink chalky substance and now it's dried and is fine powder. I don't have a scale but I filled up a whole capsule and It looks like I could fill another I just don't know if its safe to take or not

Did you attempt the extraction with the glass in the fridge the whole time or was it left on a counter? How much water did you use? The only Corcidin extraction I found mentions using cold water, because:

Solubility for DXM HBr in water is 1.5g/100mL at 25 C

That means for every 100ml of water at room temperature, 1.5g of DXM HBr will dissolve in it.

So chance are that you have a large portion of the DXM in the pink liquid and not the powder. The extraction I read also mentions using Ether to further refine it to a purer product.

In the future I'd suggest you stay away from Triple C extractions and focus on DXM only products (as they are easier and safer to work with).

it was on the counter but i put an icecube in there, i dont why i didnt just put it in the fridge but your probably right about most of the dxm being in the water because the powder was almost tasteless. im not sure if anything happened or if it was just placebo. i felt different but not what i was expecting. i was aiming for a mid second plateu but i think i was only at 1st plateu if anything.

darn...

So I followed the Dextroverse http://www.dextroverse.org/extractions.html instructions. But both times I have mixed the Syrup, naphtha and ammonia and it never completely separates. The top naphtha/dxm layer is not clear like it is supposed to be. The first time i kept going and made it. Should have been around 375mg of dxm but I only got a slight buzz hours afterward. 2nt time: Im now using a different ammonia and different syrup and its still cloudy, not clear. Whats going on? Thanks! . (Secont time I mixed it glass, 1st time mixed it in plastic.)

Using vm&p nampha
1st time used albertsons ammonia then great value ammonia the 2nt time
Used a bottle of Robitussin long acting cough. 2nt time used Vicks dayquil cough. Both just had dxm, nothing elts.

Heres a pic after about 2 hours or a bit longer http://imageshack.us/a/img829/3244/djx6.jpg

i literally just did this about an hour ago and im pretty aggravated. i looked up the ammonia from walmart (great value) and it has extra crap in it that will affect the process... i think. the back of the bottle even says it has the ammonia hydroxide AND "surfactants"

Problems!

I've done the syrup ammonia extraction a handful of times. No problems except a 60% yield, consistently.

I'm currently evaporating a syrup lye tek. The crystal looks like an ok yield but is pinkish. I did wash the naphtha with dh20 twice. I did leave the naphtha and dh20 in a jar for like two months. The only thing I can think of is the red rubber stopper was dissolved a little in the solution. Is there a risk of lye contamination here as well?

Well its almost dry. Still pinkish. More pronounced in some places. There are some spots that just wont crystallize. Day 2 of crystallization. Feedback on this anyone?