• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives DXM and LSD

DXM is better mixed with tryptamines.
I would agree that it also mixes well with 4 aco dmt as well as dmt (though Ive never mixed all 3. Nor have I tried any other dxm + tryptamine combos. Mushrooms seems logical but Im prone to nausea with them, tea or fruits, so that seemed like a bad idea for me. As for 4 xxx XIPT, Im not sure how Id feel about the bodyloads combining. And I guess I havent had many other tryptamines... 5 meo mipt, well likely safe just seemed like a no go given DXMs "dirty" status, ie hitting multiple receptors).

@psy997 which tryptamines have you mixed with dxm?

I would agree that it also mixes well with 4 aco dmt as well as dmt (though Ive never mixed all 3. Nor have I tried any other dxm + tryptamine combos. Mushrooms seems logical but Im prone to nausea with them, tea or fruits, so that seemed like a bad idea for me. As for 4 xxx XIPT, Im not sure how Id feel about the bodyloads combining. And I guess I havent had many other tryptamines... 5 meo mipt, well likely safe just seemed like a no go given DXMs "dirty" status, ie hitting multiple receptors).

@psy997 which tryptamines have you mixed with dxm?

I'm not sure I'd mix stimulating tryptamines with DXM, yes.

I've mixed 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-AcO-MET, and potentially 4-HO-MiPT with DXM.

I had some DXM together with my first (1cP-) LSD-trip, because I wasn't yet over morphine withdrawal and to kill potential anxiety. Were just 120mg's but they did the job, only on the way back I got a slight loopy feeling like that time was an illusion and I'd perpetually trapped in the trip but the anxiety didn't break through and most of the trip was nice, beautiful crisp clear visuals and stuff between the three dimensional reality (guess these of you who know LSD know what I mean? I wonder what this really is. Friends suggested dark matter but as our eyes are bound to the laws of physics, I'm not convinced.), and this when I usually don't react too good to (higher doses of) DXM anymore since I over-did it with deschloroket but I didn't have access to DCK or ketamine so I decided to take the risk. Can't tell whether I'd have had more anxiety w/o the DXM or if LSD is much less prone to anxiety than shrooms. In the beginning was a slight feeling of the two substances somehow fighting with each other and the OEVs had a dexy touch but otherwise I didn't get adverse reactions.

Note that DXM is a strong (S)NRI and can alone already increase BP and specially pulse into dangerous regions and LSD is known as being rather stimulatory too. 5-MeO-MiPT was nice together with MXE, so I guess tryptamines + DXM can be good too. But if available I'd go for an arylcyclohexylamine instead of DXM, most of them are more forgiving and less physically stimulating.

Uh, there doesn't need to be.
It's because your stirring up your neurochemistry even more, Dissos are even in general, kind of fucky, Now imagine 50mg of DMT on top of that.
It could lead to AMPA-hyperactivation for an example, furthermore, dissos and psychedelics are kind of opposite drugs in general (despite the fact that they have some similarities), just think about what downers and stims do to your heart when combined
Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Psychedelics actually prevent some of the neurotoxicity of dissociatives (in rats, that is) and while DMT+disso must be kind of an ultimate ride, there's a remarkable absence of negative reports (I know of some positive or at least neutral ones). It seems to be true that dissociatives help against the anxiogenic effects of psychedelics without the blunting of effects which benzos cause. I wonder whether the load of growth factors secretion induced by psychedelics is responsable for the toxicity prevention. But there might be something about glutamate, I just think to know that 5ht2a increases glutamatergic transmission and NMDA antagonism does the same by blocking autoreceptors, but I don't know what exactly AMPA hyperactivation would do to you besides creating strong memories. Maybe it's what's partially responsible for some of these cases in which a bad trip extends much beyond the biological half life of the drug - many cases probably involve multi drug use and/or strong external stressors which too will increase glutamatergic transmission.

Dissociatives+opioids are also partially oppositing (they modulate mu opioid receptors in oppositing directions) but make a good combo.

The first time I did this combo I had an experience that was basically complete "deja vu".

Also, this combo is the only time I have had the "posterized color" visual.

I read a lot in this thread and I am kind of like "whatever" and just want to do my LSD / DXM combo again since I know what I like, and that is a REASONABLE dose of each drug. The idea this is a "crazy" combo is kind of ridiculous.

Yeah.... like.... don't do heroic doses of each...

Hell, I might do a SMALL bit of salvia next time I do this... Hopefully the receptor antagonism police don't get called on me for tripping too cosmically!!

Last edited:
Oh, deja-vu is basically the essence of dissociatives. It's supposed to be a temporal lobe partial seizure if I'm correct, and no clue whether this underlies part of the neurotoxicity NMDA antagonists seem to exhibit, unfortunately. I didn't want to believe it until it hit myself on the cold and I'm more or less unable to do any more dissociatives without getting schizo like symptoms (hearing voices et al). Maybe some healthy dose of LSD would have prevented this?

Oh, deja-vu is basically the essence of dissociatives. It's supposed to be a temporal lobe partial seizure if I'm correct, and no clue whether this underlies part of the neurotoxicity NMDA antagonists seem to exhibit, unfortunately. I didn't want to believe it until it hit myself on the cold and I'm more or less unable to do any more dissociatives without getting schizo like symptoms (hearing voices et al). Maybe some healthy dose of LSD would have prevented this?
I'm thinking that even level 2 DXM may be a bit much because that was a time I must have been in level 2 that I experienced prolonged deja vu.

The past few times I've ever done DXM was never enough to make me vomit which must be not over level 1. I just can't muster up a desire to go hard on DXM, but on these rare occasions with Level 1 there is always an interesting insight or insights to be had. I mean they are definitely fulfilling so I suppose it is good that I naturally am unable to do it but every few years at most!

Actually, I stupidly was a bit drunk on alcohol when I wrote my previous reply so speaking of brain damage.... that's still the one drug I feel I ought to be more scared of than anything else. Sorry about that. It definitely fucks with my logic and emotions.

I'm going to stick with my low Level 1 DXM dose to avoid bad vibes for health concerns and see how the LSD enhances it next time. (I also like that LSD doesn't give me nausea so that is a main reason I like this combo)

It's been years and those combo experiences have stuck with me.

For instance, the "posterized vision" moment I had was also extraordinary in the sense that I can vividly remember it, but also that there was some control over the visual. Let me explain:

So it is moonlit night time and I am sitting in my car and can still see well. All the colors become posterized, just like the Photoshop filter. The "fine lines" between the values to create the posterized effect was the LSD crispness just being so amazing and was definitely synergistic. THE NEXT PART: I placed my hand on the dashboard and gently pressed up and forward and even though my hand was not moving, I hallucinated my hand actually pushing up and deforming the dashboard, like it was made of some fluid putty.

That moment just stuck with me so lucidly and vividly as one of my top hallucinogenic moments ever. I guess I'm a passionate about it because it felt like such a treat even among regular LSD visuals.

I really just want to be able to next time visit that landscape with more preparation and be able to focus more, because those previous times were during much more sporadic times of being able to dose and not having as a stable environment to be in (hence sitting in my car).

The last time I did just a DXM at all was Level 1 that was at least 2-3 years ago and I had the most profound insights of my place in the universe while looking at the recent Jupiter images that were released... I may need to go further than Jupiter with the LSD and the DXM together... this could be a real space mission!

Hell, I might do a SMALL bit of salvia next time I do this... Hopefully the receptor antagonism police don't get called on me for tripping too cosmically!!

They will. They came after me just for mixing 600 mg of DXM and two LSD tabs. They threw me in an insane asylum cell floating in a ghost zone like from Danny Phantom for discovering the secrets of the universe. I spent my sentence cackling hysterically while chatting with beings and occasionally leaving with them to fly over distant cityscapes. I was resigned to it but then I started realizing that my cell was actually just my bedroom.

They came for me, in human form, literally raped me in the ass, put me in jail, and then sent me to a state psych ward where the staff pummeled me while wearing a sweatshirt that says "nobody knows, nobody cares". Idk if discovering the secrets to the universe was the reason why, but something close to that. Anyway, without the dxm involved I don't think I would have been absent minded enough to get myself in that sort of situation.

Mine was a pretty good trip in the end. I haven't taken DXM since then I believe but I still remember it fondly.