• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Drugs to counteract stimulant induced vasoconstriction

Well, it seems if there's a side effect to any drug (or medicine, like the ones I was prescribed for years), this person is gonna have it..... was on stim meds for a long time and recall having to take vitamins and whatnot to stay ok...... well, ice is a whole lot stronger on some things than prescribed stims were (though the side effects and over all effects are very similar for this one....... , ice lasts a WHOLE lot longer than the As, Cs and Rs of the ADHD stim world) so have had to come up with serious vasoconstriction home remedies (DX'd with FMS, already have Reynaud's symptoms far prior to introduction to ice)..... the one that seems to have the fastest and most immediate effect (have even read that one part of this can even stop a heart attack that has already begun, don't know how true that is but can tell you that this one should probably already have OD'd early on, not realizing how much was too much)..... is to turn the hot water on and keep it on till it's really hot, and fill a coffee cup about 1/3-1/2 full. Add 2-3 tsp of cayenne (the fresher and redder the better), 1 tsp or so of ginger, about a tbsp of honey (to taste but at LEAST 1 tbsp) and mix together..... let cool just enough to drink it and follow with either water or some juice to counteract the burning from the capsaicin in the cayenne and then drink down as quickly as one can..... kinda like drinking a shot of espresso, really. If you don't have cayenne, paprika (a milder form of cayenne) can substitute for a bit, though this one would suggest obtaining a new fresh bottle of cayenne just to ensure you have one around.... where it was read that internally administered cayenne could stop a heart attack was a medical training site as a natural method to use (by nurses, it would seem) to prevent death from cardiac arrest if one was about to be in or already experiencing the signs of a full blown heart attack. (This one can testify that cayenne and hot water may be the only reason this one is still alive, as this one went on a 2 day binge shortly after starting to smoke ice that went through 1 full gram... and this one didn't realize that the extra stuff had to be burnt off prior to smoking the stim part..... and so was smoking all of that all the way, no blow off. )

If the veins are feeling particularly tight (like this one's wrists do on a day like today, the day after re-upping) and may even be painful (seems to this one to be smallish but very strong sharp pains, mostly in the wrists in the area that the veins show through this one's very translucent skin on one such as this one), add a couple baby aspirin in to thin the blood some so it can move through the still tightened veins easier...... or, if one is like this one, a couple full strength aspirin (though this one is aware of the long term side effects of aspirin, it CANNOT be worse on this one that the over seven years of daily drinking that this one had engaged in prior to December, a habit that has been stopped dead in it's tracks).... note that this one is a heavy, and I do mean heavy, cigarette smoker (which seems to contribute quite a bit to vasoconstriction - we're talking a pack + a day.... having to cut down whilst smoking ice though, as it is very obvious when smoking a cigarette the effects the nicotine is having in combination with the methamphetamine).

Some other things that can be added to the hot water cayenne/ginger/honey mix are cinnamon (lowers blood pressure), nutmeg (good for circulation), clove (has similar effects to ginger, if recollection serves) and allspice (if recalling correctly, seems allspice more regulates the heart beat... good if one is prone to developing arrhythmias, as this one seems prone to when certain things are over-done). And of course..... a good multi-vitamin (going back and forth from regular multi to prenatal type that happen to be available) prior to administering your dose (don't know how effective this is for IV users..... trying to stay away from that ROA currently, though am curious, but by what this one has read, even more essential for those that do IV), Omega 3 fish oil caps (been taking 2-3 a day when 'dosing', though that's been most days for the last couple of months), Vitamin C, a B-Complex and every 4-6 hours or so while still dosing, extra magnesium and potassium if one over-does dosages regularly (really be careful of blood pressure dropping here as magnesium is a natural for that and you CAN od on either of these essential mineral supplements - better to get these through food, if one can - like bananas, avocados, yogurt, etc...), though this one has read those minerals are much better ingested naturally in food....... and DO NOT TAKE St. John's Wort!!!! ESP if you like ripe avocado.... whole avalanche of side effects, some pretty scary, from that combination not long ago. Seen plenty of people suggest St. John's Wort but this one is thinking now that there are other things that could work just as well without the potential to have the whole body shut down (look up St. John's Wort interaction with over-ripe avocado.... it's pretty scary... and that's not the only food contraindicated....... something to do with a chemical interaction between the two, if I recall..... but whatever it was, have ceased St. John's Wort entirely).

Soon to be able to tell all the effects of adding in natural milk thistle and organic cinnamon, echinacea and licorice root powder - from this one's understanding, the first two in combination (4 to 1 milk thistle to cinnamon) "should" affect fast detoxification as well as lower blood pressure naturally/open blood vessels (cinnamon is a natural vasodilator with almost no interaction with ice that this one can see... also good to keep intestines/bowels moving, essential with ice to avoid toxicity).... to which this one will be adding the second two ingredients (putting these in empty gelatin capsules ordered from the same online store) - echinacea as a very strong immune system booster (used to give that shit to anyone that even had the sniffles and would stop colds and flu dead in their tracks when combined with LOTS of vitamin C).... and the licorice root powder is good for all kinds of things internally. This one's understanding is that the first two, in combination, also help to level/even out blood sugar levels and reduce sugar cravings, which would be a great thing for this one. Anyways, that's my 2 cents + about 13 more cents. Hope this helps someone else out.

One other thing is selenium....... that's for if the chest/rib cage starts to vibrate/tremble from the hearts electro-magnetic pulse becoming disrupted.... selenium seems to help a bunch.... grab a handful of nuts... no, really, something like sunflower seeds or almonds.... will cut down on a bunch of side effects... oh and plain non-fat yogurt and fresh raw fruit....... but you all know that already, right?

Oh, do watch out for low temperature when taking magnesium, as it is a natural means of lowering blood pressure (ice leaches this element out of one's body, for those not yet aware, as well as potassium, which is necessary to keep ones heart beating on rhythm). If you start feeling really odd, trembly or light headed (but it's not like severe chest pain or anything so definable), check your temp... if it's below 96.8 or so (it's supposed to be 98.6... a degree higher or lower is normal.... beyond that can be dangerous... and this one has read that below 95 one can literally go into hypothermia, even in a warm room), especially if it seems to be falling, but one isn't feeling that odd yet.... get into a really warm bath and let it cover you as much as possible. This one has sat in the bath several times already to regulate internal temp... and so far it has worked.... have gotten as low as 96 or so and the warm/hot bath (not shower, but bath, really, one wants to be submersed) has done the trick of getting the temp back up to 98 or so every time.

Don't ignore the warning signs when one is taking things to counter act side effects as this one has read that meth-hypothermia kills almost as many in OD situations (if not more) than the whole racing / exploding heart bit we've all heard of before. Gotta keep your temp around 98.6 as much as possible. If it's high, take a fever reducer and cold shower.... it too low, really warm to hot bath and cayenne/warming herbs/spicy food, etc..... oh and DON'T FORGET TO EAT AND DRINK LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER.

And sleep. Don't neglect that. Our bodies do most of their repair work in our sleep.

ADDENDUM: Oh I forgot that I have come up with a bad ass tea that also seems to help this side effect (making some right now actually) which I also mix with honey..... what goes in to the tea I'm making are a blueberry/acai herbal mix, a blueberry/acai/pomegranate green tea, mint medley, terragon leaves, crumbled bay leaves, green tea and a healthy topping (in the filter, that is) of cinnamon (for the vasodilation effects.... all of these ingredients have that to one extent or another).... which I put in my coffee cup and mix with honey and drink down. Best medicine yet. Mmmmmm mmmmm good. W *|* W

Last edited:
Sort of grave digging the post here, sorry, but I just HAD to put this out there (and it's already been said in this thread.)

Lyrica (Pregablin) OR Gabapentin (Neurontin) are AMAZING for taking along with any d-amph. My favorite is Lyrica and Vyvanse. Not only does it remove EVERY bad side effect from d-amph (sweating, appetite loss, cold extremities, spacey feeling, etc.) it increases the euphoria dramatically, gives a great body high, and leaves you with zero comedown side effects (no migraine, depression, etc.). HOWEVER, I recommend drinking lots of water to help reduce the side effects as much as possible. The combination is simply so wonderful that I'd rate it my favorite, even more than opiates and d-amps.

Good luck!