Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drugs, dehydration and too much sun

Numeron

Bluelighter
The days have definately been heating up the last month or more. Summer has jumped out that dark alleyway that is winter with a knife in its teeth, and a nasty grin.

I had a very bad night last weekend and i thought id share it as a warning for those prone to frequenting long recoveries after nights out ;)

Started the night at the local pub drinking with a few mates, had an awesome time, and as midnight approached half of them wimped out complaining of work. Myself and 2 friends drunkenly found a taxi into town and knocked back a pill each in a club. Ahhhhh feeling so high. Dancing and chatting and drinking more. 3am approaches and the idea of the next pill comes up. Awesome. Pity we didnt have them on us :p
Deciding to call it relatively early (usually i stay out till closing time) we went back to my friends apartment and, dropping another each, proceded to chill to the music and smoke out on the balcony. as morning approached, i dropped another one and a half pills at once, had a shower to brighten up and then went to sunbake for a while.. all through the day i was out in the sun cooking my brain in more ways than one, and getting a nice tan while i was at it...
When hometime came that afternoon, i drove to the supermarket and picked up some nitrous oxide to help me sleep before going home (usually one box does nicely, since i have trouble sleeping after nights on pills).
Jumped into bed and cracked a few with the usual nos faraway effect, but when i came down from a particularly strong hit, things just werent right.
Everything felt extremely grimy and sticky like a (this might sound strange) browny coloured glue with chunks in it. It felt as if my blood was thickening and i couldnt move right. I was immediately extremely nauseous and the room kind of warped around me. I have taken LSD before and recognise minor hallucinations when i see them, nitrous can do it sometimes, but this was something else... I began to have a bit of a panic attack and that jsut added to my list of horrendous symptoms...
No problem says roomie, straight to the doctor. The whole way there i was getting quite delusional and surprising myself by saying nonsensical things and mumbling. Feeling very very spacey and not at all with it. still panicing a bit.
Once the I was in and talking to the doctor and explaining to him what i felt and what id taken i was calming down, and the panic faded but i still felt very spaced, nauseous and the walls were still bending in a bit.
It turns out I had sunstroke, which was triggered by the nitrous. For those who have taken nitrous oxide you'll know that its a pretty full on experience thats quite close to being asleep while awake (hense why i can sleep so easily after it) and since i was half knocked out, my brain simply couldnt bring me all the way back. Take the usual badness of sunstroke and add it to the fact that a night out meant i was also sketchy, dehydrated from not drinking much and the pills, no food for the last 24 hours, no sleep for the last 40... it makes for a scary place.

so here's the point of the story: summer approaches, be responsible, stay out of the sun and dont learn to stay hydrated the hard way like i did.

I slept that night for 18 hours and had nothing more than a mild headache and ravenous appetite the next day. Thank the gods.

-Numeron

Water is essential when taking most stimulant drugs and they make the comedown so much bearable physically. Vitamins and a healthy lifestyle really do help alot more than people want to believe.

I had a pretty freaky nitrous experience this past weekend too and im not really sure if I want to do it anymore. I had like 3 nangs and got like reverse dejavu, like it happened before id seen it, but id seen it before...hard to explain :p but I think nitrous just gets old.

Good first post numeron :)

u were tripping out a bit and the weather and watwer loevels dont help

the_ketaman said:
Vitamins and a healthy lifestyle really do help alot more than people want to believe.

Aint that the truth. I've only started believing it in the past couple of months. Its done my comedowns wonders.

For instance, its a Sunday night and I don't feel like death.

I use vitamins and supplments before and after MDMA.. still makes me feel like shit for a week.

This is a timely reminder with summer upon now! Just remember to take care in the sun :) Here is some guidelines from another thread..

The amounts listed are a general guide only. Some people may tolerate more or less water while on MDMA.

WATER:

250 - 300ml / hour if not active

500 - 600ml / hour if active (dancing etc)

ELECTROLYTE DRINKS:

1 x 500-600ml drink per 4 hours if active, around half that if not active.

It's important that those who sweat alot don't overdo sports drinks which contain high levels of potassium salts. If you have been vomiting then it's also important to carefully re-balance electrolytes before drinking too much water.

Courtesy of P D

Last edited:
1 x 500-600ml drink per 4 hours if active, around half that if not active.

I dont know much about sports drinks, but i can see how there would be enough yummy goodness in them to replace 4 hours of lost salts, and have a few vitamins and whatever else i dont really know to make up for whatever else is lost... but as for sheer volume of lost water from the body, is 500-600ml over 4 *active* hours really enough? I swear if I was actively dancing for that period i would lose far more liquids than that single bottle could make up.

-Numeron

They are just guidelines to follow, everyone is different and should pay attention to dehydration signs that your body shows. Most people dont realise till its to late. just dont flood your body with water or sports drinks, its called Hyponatraemia..Related reading below.

www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52831&r=0

the_ketaman said:
^^Yeah but have you got the healthy lifestyle part down pat?

heh no.
far from it

i wouldnt bother with supplements and vitamins if I was exercising daily and eating all the right foods, why would you?

Cause they make up for the vitamins and supplements you don't get when you're out taking drugs....

True.. I dont eat that day If theres going to be a drug binge weekend, but still take vitamins.

Also good to hear you had a friend around to take you to a doctor, if for no other reason than to give you piece of mind. Glad you're okay :)

but as for sheer volume of lost water from the body, is 500-600ml over 4 *active* hours really enough? I swear if I was actively dancing for that period i would lose far more liquids than that single bottle could make up.

The recommendations says 1 x 500-600ml water / hour and 1 x 500-600 isotonic drink / 4 hours. Of course these are not hard fast rules, and if you find you're drinking lots more water, then additional isotonic drinks are a good idea.

I tend to stop drinkoing so much water because I simply cannot piss it out, it's easy for me to drink 5 litres or so a night and realise I havewn't taken a piss, because of MDMA

it's easy for me to drink 5 litres or so a night and realise I havewn't taken a piss, because of MDMA

almost exactly a year ago now at South Australias largest yearly rave, [xxx], it was like a 40 degree day... incredibly hot, couldnt dance for long, even the indoors area where it was a little cooler but still very humid from sweat. That day I clearly remember drinking 9 bottles of water and going to the toilet jsut once, the rest was all sweat out (shouldve seen me the next day, very gaunt and hollow). I think its not jsut the pills that make you not realise you need to toilet, but the fact that you might not really need to, especially if you're only drinking water and not alcohol. give me a few drinks of alcohol and im to the toilet every 30m ;)

[EDIT: No event names. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
so you think its just being sweat out? i dont know.. ive came close to water overdose before, I saw it in my face, it was like a histamine release bgut much worse, my whole neck, cheeks, face and around my eyes bloated.. i finally took a piss, and it went on for about 4 minutes!!! when i got back in the car and continued mdoing nangs i felt better and slowly over 10 minutes i looked normal again.. this wasnt a hallucination my friend saw it and was worried too

wow, allow me to retract my previous statement, it sounds like you got it out just in time.

happened on numerous occaisons, actually made you "go further" but in a really bad way. i get real bad urination problems on MDMA. After a shot of speed or ice I want to piss instantly but it gets harder later on... Alcohol im at the toilet every 15 minutes.

But yeah MDMA, has always given me extreme sdweat and dehydration and gagging, im still enjoying it I just can't piss for 12 hours no matter how long I stand there and try.

once while walking thru a small park to get to the car after a night out, a friend of mine advised another who has the same problem that blowing air onto the tip of the penis helps relax that muscle that holds it all in. havent needed to try it myself, so i cant really comment, but it might be worth a try (if you're male that is). Just dont try it standing infront of a urinal or you might get some really strange looks ;) tough luck girls if you have the same problem.