Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs & Death:Modern day Reefer Madness

ShantiBoy

Bluelighter
I was recently asked by a local politician to review this interactive American zero tolerence cd with the view to introducing it into Australian high schools. http://deep6inc.com/ It's titled "Drugs and Death:profiles of Illegal Drug Abuse." If you open some of the preview pages you'll understand my concerns.

Ooh dear lord! I'm always keen to believe uncited "facts". Please tell me you've been able to dissuade the polly into implementing this? The ADF can provide much better resources IMO.

Does prevention work? Evidently not!

Why wont they just wake up and realise they're gonna need to work with drug use to minimise it's negative impact on society, not against it...

:\

Fortunately after some diplomatic dialogue, the polly thought that the sight of decapitated bodies etc. might not be the best way to go. Although they took some convincing. Incidently the polly in question, a devout zero tolerance zealot, was a publican in a previous life and doesn't have a problem with alcohol related damage. All a part of the Aussie way of life etc bla bla bla!!

Seriously, those make me sick in the stomach, especially the heroin one. Don't kid yourself, this stuff happens all the time, though they are pretty much taking the worst possible scenario of everything.

If you really wanted to deter people, this would be useful.

this is very stupid and silly... alcohol kills more people and is responsible for more wife-beatings, abuse, violence and other criminal behaivior then any other substance. Why is it legal? the hipocracy here is very evident.. i would also like to add that in the cannabis section they showed heaps of pictures of people being stabbed etc etc.. if drugs were legal do you think there would be black market gangs? no.. the only reason why people are getting hurt is because gangs and corrupt cops are the only ones controlling the drug trade instead of making it legal..

Another thing, looking at the heroin/cocaine/amphetamine injection parts just makes me realise how lucky we are over here in Australia... nearly all of that is avoided with free access to clean needles and supplies.

8( wow that was crazy pics.....yuk

i agree with what you said apollo totally, the government is going about the drug problem the wrong way. but that cd will prob not help much but i think it should be shown to kids in schools with some added info on drug (the whole truth not media myths) facts and prevention. the pics and info on the cd will freak some kids out but as soon as they walk out of that classroom they will forget about it and still do drugs. plus they were worst case scenarios and kids are just going to think....hey i just wanna go have somes cones not go stick a needle in my arm.

to me sticking at needle in my arm and shooting up herion is the last thing i could imagine myself doing but i really dont think any kid thinks of doing herion for there first drug, no way. my opinion is herion is the last drug cause you have experienced alcohol,pot,mdma,lsd and whatever and then whats next...i wanna another high...herion is left on the list. what i just said is not all cases i know that but i'm just saying from a general kids point of view of before they even touch drugs which is if they viewed the cd-rom before drug taking it's not going to make a difference to this whole big "DRUG and CRIME PROBLEM" we have on our hands.

i think drugs are such a beautiful thing in life when used in moderation but when abused and with not enough knowledge thats when we get all our issues. if only the government would try something different cause whatever the fuck there doing now.....hello....well it's fucking not working.

sorry i'm not very good at putting my thoughts in writing i hope that made sense if not then excuse me. thanks

Anyone else think that the cat artists drawings got better and better? :)

i love the bit where they quote 'a 1908 new york times article' lol... i dont think i even need to comment

Ah there will always ba a battle between society and drugs.

You're right apollo.

Its just human nature to want to liberate your mind and soul. *sigh* Know your dope fiend.

I think the CD is more about suicide than anything else - it seems that someone has been given a bunch of suicide JPGs and then sifted through each bio to see if they can link drugs into the equation.

BigTrancer :)

What a stupid idea "Drugs and Death". We could apply this "xxxx and Death" idea to just about anything out there couldn't we?

"Death and School"
"Death and going to church"
"Death and community service"

"Hotels and death" - how hotel laundry chutes are killing our innocent youth (seriously, look in the cocaine preview!)

Holy fucking christ, do the people who made this cd rom have any idea how a fifteen year olds mind works? All this cd rom is going to say (especially the marijuana section) to a teenage dope smoker/drug user is - 'the normal and correct thing to do if your a druggy is kill yourself, here's a few dozen different ways to do it'. I hope to hell this never makes it into Australian schools.

absolutely disgusting

I am still a school student and this would make me vomit repeatedly if it were to ever be used as some kind of drug education.

Where did the facts go?

aussie_popper said:
if only drugs and society could get along......lol
if only the laid-back stoner (who gets along with everyone) could get along with the politicians