• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does Wellbutrin block the euphoria from coke and oxy/heroin?

john10960

Greenlighter
am on Wellbutrin and wondering this.

can anyone share any personal experiences?

thanks!!

On Cocaine: perhaps; perhaps not. There haven't been any studies specifically on this matter. However bupropion can help with cocaine addiction. A

But "friendliness and vigor" might decrease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11376920

Regarding opioids: no, it won't have any effect at all, except that the anxiety one could get from bupropion would decrease.

Bupropion and cocaine compete for the same transporters. I wouldn't expect to get the same euphoria off any stimulant, while taking bupropion. (Also, bupropion and other stims may both raise seizure threshold.)

Bupropion and cocaine compete for the same transporters. I wouldn't expect to get the same euphoria off any stimulant, while taking bupropion. (Also, bupropion and other stims may both raise seizure threshold.)
Regarding other stimulants: some people even experience an enhanced effect of the stimulant while on bupropion, and I have not noticed any difference at all, except for more irregular heart rate and more muscle spasms. Yes, it's more dangerous, but will not necessarily give you a lesser high/rush.

Someone wrote like a week ago that adding bupropion to an amphetamine solution actually amplify the rush/high. This should not be done unless one has a good amount of muscle relaxants like clonazepam, because of the seizure risk. Really it shouldn't be done at all, but people will try any way to get a higher high, so we might as well explain how to do it safely.

Cocaine is different, though, and bupropion more likely to lessen the effect, but now it was about "any stimulant".