• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does Lorazepam work with Codeine/Ibuprofen?

I used one coffee filter paper and the liquid is still very cloudy - does that mean there's still a lot of ibuprofen in there?

I didn't use hot water or use a fridge or ice water - is that necessary?. I simply dissolved it in normal tap water at room temp and then put it through the filter

should you try to use as little water as possible?

1 gram of APAP(acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen is modest and what 100ml will hold. My doctor says I can take 4 grams in a day (though I'm a big fella- 265 lbs)

Titanium Dioxide can make the water cloudy but it's harmless, if your worried chill the extracted liquid and look for sludge on the bottom of the cup. Lots of sludge = re-filter cold

Did you get lots of sludge in the first filter? If you have like a small gumball size worth of dry sludge in your filter it's probably okay. 100ml is a lot for only 6 pills though. 100 ml is enough for 15 or so pills.

Your fine to take your first batch even if the filter didn't work if it's 6 pills at 200mg each Ibu. but next time try 30ml for every 6 pills. I just realized even with the filter 100ml is nearly enough to absorb all of the Ibuprofen,

Whoops, I got so caught up with the benzo / codeine bickering I blew the CWE tips, Sorry about that.

Last edited:
thanks, still a few questions:

is there a danger that using too little water means the pills won't dissolve properly because the water has become saturated?

also, is it worth using two coffee filter papers together, or might that stop the codeine from filtering though?

thirdly, should I dissolve them in warm or hot water rather than room temp water?

I would use two only if you are ending up with lots of sludge in your solution. Codeine is very water soluble vs APAP & Ibuprofen so as long as the solution before filtering is not too viscous the risk of using too little water is minimal.

Hot water is not needed but room temp to warm is okay although cooling down to 10c helps reduce the APAP even more and doesn't effect the codeine level. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to fluctuate with temp as much as APAP
Codeine seems to be more soluble in cool vs hot water as well.

10 g/100 mL at 16 CChemfinder.cambridgesoft.com:
Codeine Phosphate [52-28-8]

Synonyms: (5alpha,6alpha)-7,8-didehydro-4,5-epoxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6-ol phosphate (1:1) (salt) hemihydrate; 7,8-didehydro-4,5-alpha-epoxy-3-methoxy-17-methyl-morphinan-6-alpha-ol phosphate (1:1); Codeine phosphate;

Formula: C18 H24 N O7 P
CAS Number: 52-28-8
ACX Number: X1008233-2

Appearance: Small colorless crystals or white crystalline powder
Molecular Weight: 397.36386
Melting Point: 220 - 235 C

Water solubility: >=10,000mg/100 mL at 16 C

Code:

Solubility of miscellaneous substances in 100ml of pure water
Name 31°C -- 21°C water
Aspirin 1g --- 0.33g
Ibuprofen <1g --- <1g
Paracetamol 1.43g --- 0.66g
Codeine 43.48g ---- 142.86g
[REF: The Codeine Information - courtesy of Desox]

Thanks to @ Big Trancer..

Erowid:
Codeine Type Solubility (31C water) Solubility (21C water)
Aspirin ...1g / 100 ml --- 1g / 300 ml
Acetaminophen 1g / 70 ml--- 1g / 150 ml
Codeine ..1g / 2.3 ml --- 1g / 0.7 ml

Last edited:
OK. I'm basically following the method set out on Erowid, ie. dissolve it in hot water, put it in an ice bath to cool it right down, and then filtering it through a coffee filter (they mention lab filters are better - what are they?)

although that method is for APAP/Aspirin and they don't mention Ibuprofen at all. Presumably it will work with Ibu too?

Of course, Ibuprofen is less than 1g at 100ml and even better at around 30ml. Qualitative filter paper is just a "professional" lab grade coffee filter that has it porosity specified in microns. Excellent for CWE but not essential. Look up "Whatman filter paper" if your curious.