• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Does anyone else have this issue?

yeah some dentists can prescribe diazepam for patients who have dental anxiety - but i've never heard of any scripting something as long-lasting as clonaz..

^ perhaps its more of a subjective thing as i find valium as more of a middle-ground benzo; not too strong, not too weak, not too IR, not too XR.
the Goldilocks effect if you will. whereas clonaz is really strong and lasts quite a while in my opinioon; do i make sense? i see xanax at one end, valium in the middle, and clonaz at the other.

That is weird, for the same basic function, isn't it? I mean, I get the drugs'll have different affinities and metabolites, but there is a subjective difference, and to me alprazolam and lorazepam feel like placebo, clonazepam feels like anaesthetic. And the barbituates have the same function, but phenobarbital IV felt like an orgasm followed by a deep and peaceful slumber.

Yeah, diazepam even has a longer half life than clonazepam.

I'll stick with my recommendation of midazolam/Versed with a half life of about 2 hours.

But really, benzos probably aren't the best choice--you need gas or something, get back on the buspirone. Drink a lot of ginger tea and some kava maybe.

^ but you will be taking ativan still right? cause,you got a tolerance, quite a large one with various benzos
and, you know, seizures aren't fun.

Yesterday I took Clonazepam for my dental appointment. It takes at least two hours for the drug to work for me so I took it three hours (sometimes it can take longer than two hours to work) prior to the appointment. I fell asleep after taking the pills; my plan was to go on the computer to avoid falling asleep (since that usually keeps me awake), but right after I took them I decided I didn't want to wake anyone else up so I stayed in bed and watched TV. I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up, it was ninety minutes later. I still had lots of time to get to the dentist appointment (the dentist appointment was not for another thirty minutes) but I felt really scared; it was as if I never took the pills at all. I ended up calling the clinic and telling them I was sick and rescheduling it to June 13, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever taken a benzodiazepine before and fallen asleep and if they fell asleep did they feel that the pill was no longer working when they woke up? Specifically, did you feel anxious when you woke up?
I had a panic attack when I woke up. I would have taken more pills if I had them but I didn't. I have to pick up a refill later this week and hope that the pills will work for the appointment on June 13, 2017.

I have tried various benzodiazepines and have found Ativan to be effective, but only sometimes - it would help me with my dental appointments but only sometimes. It never helped with needle situations; I would still have panic attacks if I had to have a needle. It never worked for MRIs either.

I used Clonazepam for an appointment that causes me a lot of anxiety (an ophthalmologist appointment) and it did help, but it didn't help with the dentist (I didn't even go, I cancelled) because I fell asleep and the effects wore off.

Another question: Has anyone ever or do you know someone who has taken Clonazepam for the dentist and if they did take it, did the Clonazepam work? My dentist won't prescribe anything and my doctor won't prescribe anything else besides Clonazepam.

Benzos make me day-nap and one of my anxiety symptoms are waking up from naps with intense crippling anxiety. It seems the lowered inhibitions then rapid increase of anxiety waking from a nap is increased 10X when using benzos. Kinda like a rebound effect.

Yesterday I did an experiment - I took 4 mg of Clonazepam, which I thought barely touched my anxiety because I now have a huge tolerance thanks to the frequent use the last few days.

I am terrified of needles and in the past, when I would take Ativan, I would still be freaked out and unable to get a blood test or injection. I used a needle that a diabetic would use (nothing was in it) and stuck it in myself twice. I would not be able to do this if the anti-anxiety medication was not working. So, my experiment worked - it proved the Clonazepam was working, even though I thought they weren't.

I will not be taking any more Clonazepam until my appointment on June 13, 2017 - that means I will be going nine days without taking anything. Because my tolerance is really high right now, do you guys think I should take the 4 mg that day? I don't think my tolerance will lower by then so that is why I am asking.
Don't inject or IM benzos, most are not water soluble, I picked up some PG to shoot them and trust me, its very difficult and not worth it, just stick them under your tounge. Even water soluble benzosw like midazolam (my favourite) just wreck your veins, I lost many veins from shooting acidic midazolam.

I was pretty sure OP does NOT have a tolerance for benzos, since she barfs them and most other things up.

Pretty sure she isn't shooting the benzos, she meant at doctor's appointments, etc.

And so you should NOT have a high tolerance, OP. Do NOT take more than prescribed.

Right, OP? This hasn't been some weird coded thing between IV people, right?
Am I still be high?

I was pretty sure OP does NOT have a tolerance for benzos, since she barfs them and most other things up.

Pretty sure she isn't shooting the benzos, she meant at doctor's appointments, etc.

And so you should NOT have a high tolerance, OP. Do NOT take more than prescribed.

Right, OP? This hasn't been some weird coded thing between IV people, right?
Yesterday I did an experiment - I took 4 mg of Clonazepam, which I thought barely touched my anxiety because I now have a huge tolerance thanks to the frequent use the last few days.

I am terrified of needles and in the past, when I would take Ativan, I would still be freaked out and unable to get a blood test or injection. I used a needle that a diabetic would use (nothing was in it) and stuck it in myself twice. I would not be able to do this if the anti-anxiety medication was not working. So, my experiment worked - it proved the Clonazepam was working, even though I thought they weren't.

I will not be taking any more Clonazepam until my appointment on June 13, 2017 - that means I will be going nine days without taking anything. Because my tolerance is really high right now, do you guys think I should take the 4 mg that day? I don't think my tolerance will lower by then so that is why I am asking.
Am I still be high?

I realized after I posted this OP wasn't shooting up and that I misread OPs post but I am still unsure why OP is pocking themself with a needle. There are much better ways to test your anxiolytics than this

...... I used a needle that a diabetic would use (nothing was in it) and stuck it in myself twice. I would not be able to do this if the anti-anxiety medication was not working. So, my experiment worked - it proved the Clonazepam was working, even though I thought they weren't...........

This is a horrible test and definitely not HR to say its OK to do this. It's just unnecessarily introducing a risk of infection or god knows what.

That doesn't sound right at all - clonazepam's peak plasma levels are supposed to be reached at 4hrs so after only 90mins the full effects would not have even been reached? This seems like a psychological issue with OP. Granted, sleeping does have a way of reducing the edge of sedatives or intoxicants, but after 90mins the dose should still be effective even after sleeping. Everyone is different though.

Having said that, if you take a benzo and just lounge or laze around, chances are it's going to make you sleepy quickly.

OK, sailor.
I really do admire you, because if I had a cyst covering the entire right side of my brain, including my amygdala, the dentist would be the least of my concerns.

I used a clean needle, it had not been used (it was still in its packaging).

Clean needle or not why would you just poke yourself to test your anxiety. This is an unneccesary thing to do. Sounds like you like to hurt yourself. If you're not injecting drugs, just leave the needles alone..

Was this a med that needed injection? Like an epi-pen?

Honestly, you have so many medical issues going on, you really shouldn't be asking us for advice.

The kindling effect unfortunately makes each time trying to recover from benzo dependency more and more painful and difficult. I have been a poly drug abuser and getting off benzos have definitely been more difficult than getting off of heroin well psychologically anyway. The horrible rebound anxiety makes it so tempting to want to take more benzos... It just keeps feeding the insidious cycle.

Was this a med that needed injection? Like an epi-pen?

Honestly, you have so many medical issues going on, you really shouldn't be asking us for advice.

Read his post, he wasn't injecting he was just poking himself to check his anxiety level, its ridiculous. I'm sorry but it was unnecessary and really bothering me.

wow. This does happen to others. Thought I was crazy.
If I fall asleep at the wrong time, it screws up my day, dose wise.

yeah some dentists can prescribe diazepam for patients who have dental anxiety - but i've never heard of any scripting something as long-lasting as clonaz..

Valium lasts longer than Klonopin.