• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Doc added Wellbutrin to my treatment plan..what can I expect?

It doesn't make the slightest difference. Bupropion is so mild that meth just completely overruns it. I speak from experience. I'm prescribed Wellbutrin (it's actually called Voxra here).
People in jail have nothing to do most don't come into contact with drug's and all they do is routinely sleep,eat, and go yard if there lucky. but when they are giving anything it works extremely well, most of these should be on antipsychotic drugs or bipolarism should be on antidepressants as well but if they snort something they really get affect out of it. Just opinion

People in jail have nothing to do most don't come into contact with drug's and all they do is routinely sleep,eat, and go yard if there lucky. but when they are giving anything it works extremely well, most of these should be on antipsychotic drugs or bipolarism should be on antidepressants as well but if they snort something they really get affect out of it. Just opinion
I've read about bupropion being abused in prisons. It's also supposed to be a lot stronger when snorted. I'm ashamed to admit this but i have tried injecting (IV) bupropion. It provides powerful rush and a dirty stimulant high. So i know for a fact that bupropion is not inactive at all.

For some reason i don't respond to it when taken orally at therapeutic doses. So i fully agree with you.

If anything Wellbutrin should suppress your appetite a little, not increase it. Seroquel, on the other hand has been known to cause massive munchies. That’s probably what’s doing it. If you were using meth before that was probably counteracting that effect.
My thoughts were the same.
Using less meth = increased appetite. Seroquel = increased appetite.

Personally I found that Wellbutrin lightly suppressed my appetite, but in this situation the above two actions would dominate, resulting in increased appetite.

I never considered that it could be the Seroquel making me hungry. I’ve been on the Wellbutrin about a month now. Things are finally starting to level out ... but I also started back doing meth, so I don’t really have any idea how the meds are truly affecting me.

My first night back on meth I’m guessing I did a little too much too quickly because I definitely had an anxiety attack. Eventually I was able to pull myself out of that with lots of deep breathing and reassurance from friends. My tolerance must have gone down during my break. That’s a good thing. It’s sad but I know a couple weeks of doing meth every night will help me shed the weight I put on. But I am happy that I was at least able to stop for a few weeks. Even if I am a porker now.

a lot of drugs that hit the 5ht receptors make people hungry.

when testing for psychedlic action on the 5ht receptor doctor nicholes often

used a sheeps stomach to see receptor binding as we have a lot of 5ht receptors in the

stomach.

truly well done on not taking meth for the moment.

meth is not the way to shed weight.

diet and exercise are the best ways to do so.

go to a swimming pool and get a kick board and do laps just kicking with no swimming with the hands.

30min to 1 hour a day 3 times a week and you will be ab city :)

I used it to prepare for the ring when I was teaching kung fu.

running and crunches didn't even come close and I used to do over 1000 crunches a day.

it will also build your cardio massively too.

plus there is nothing like having a nice big joint after getting out of the pool.

you whole body just sings and you feel so relaxed and forfilled.

^^ +1. Swimming is THE BEST! <3

Yeah seroquel causes hectic munchies.

I'm not overly pleased to hear you're doing meth again especially with what you've told us about your anxiety and depression, and what with being on antidepressants. But hey.

oh I missed that I thought the op said they had stopped.

meth is a one way journey get off before you hit the destination.

I know heaps of cooks that if they don't have it they can't even get out of bed.

ive known cooks to to kill them selves when they went too far as the depression the suffered

was so bad.

unlikely you could take as much as them but it is the destination for this journey

know it and make an educated decision.

play with cb receptors play with serotonin even opiate receptors if you can deal with the pain.

be careful with dopamine and gaba.

I never considered that it could be the Seroquel making me hungry. I’ve been on the Wellbutrin about a month now. Things are finally starting to level out ... but I also started back doing meth, so I don’t really have any idea how the meds are truly affecting me.

My first night back on meth I’m guessing I did a little too much too quickly because I definitely had an anxiety attack. Eventually I was able to pull myself out of that with lots of deep breathing and reassurance from friends. My tolerance must have gone down during my break. That’s a good thing. It’s sad but I know a couple weeks of doing meth every night will help me shed the weight I put on. But I am happy that I was at least able to stop for a few weeks. Even if I am a porker now.
Seroquel 100% makes you more hungry. However it's not realistic to expect to maintain the same body weight you did when you were using meth, unless you're extremely active all the time (which is nearly impossible when stopping chronich stimulant abuse, acutely i mean...). If you're able to exercise you should do that and try to avoid comfort food as much as you can. By eating healthy and doing physical things you will get fitter and gain muscle instead of bodyfat. I know it's easier said than done.

Last edited: