• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DOB Blotter

Xenogenesis: The tabs I had did have an odour, but these are different ones.

I can confirm the presence of DOB blotters in Melbourne in the late 1970s. They were called “tiles” and appear to be identical to the “tiles” rm2x refers to in his earlier post:

“And the Tiles were black and white with "lattice" patterns printed on them
All of these blotters were very thick, between 1-1.5mm in thickness and they were all laminated.”

…only he was talking about the 1990s!

The 1970s “tiles” were available for ages. I don’t share the enthusiasm for DOB. The Tiles produced a very jittery and edgy feel (I recall feeling that whatever I was doing I should be doing something else). They developed a pretty bad reputation and after a while you couldn’t give them away to my crowd.

A little earlier, about 1976, there were also abundant DOB blotters, this time grey unperfed. They were pretty weak and presumably the manufacturers moved on to the “tile” format to enable more DOB to be presented per “hit”. The grey blotters were sold as “mescaline” (ha!) but we learned what they really were when someone got busted and they were analysed by the police.

There’s a picture on Erowid of DOB blotters from Australia. These resemble the Tiles but without the lamination:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=dob/dob_blotter1.jpg

Seems like Melbourne was once the DOB capital of the world!

i ate about 13 of these tabs over a night and a day along with speed, mescalin and mushrooms. i was prolly also drinking. i found the experience increadibly euphoric with amazing visuals. i really thought i was just good clean acid at the time and really enjoyed it.... but if the lethal dosage is 3.5mg should i not be dead? i would have had more than twice that amount and im alive and my mind is a fine as it ever was.

DreadQ said:
i ate about 13 of these tabs over a night and a day along with speed, mescalin and mushrooms. i was prolly also drinking.

Thats fucking stupid and irresponsible, if in fact your telling the truth. These drugs (excluding speed cause its shit anyway) are too be respected, not fucked around with and eaten like M&M's.

DreadQ said:
i ate about 13 of these tabs over a night and a day along with speed, mescalin and mushrooms. i was prolly also drinking.
This site is for the purpose of harm minimisation, not for people to post their idiocy.

13 tabs of acid is a lot to take. You are lucky that they were just weak acid and not these DOM tabs we are discussing.

No one here will be impressed by your stupidity.

Well said Immortal Teknique :)
Just fucking stupid.
You're the kind of person that'll make headlines and make people even more dirty on recreational drug use.

thats how i do it, fuck eating1 or 2 tabs... it just does not do the trick.

plus i had absolutelly no idea that it was some bizzar research chem.
i normally eat acid like that anyway, its what i do i guess....

dont get me wrong i know my limits and i respect my pschadelics for very good reasons. its allways a small personal experiment with me when i take psychadelics. either way the DOB effect is sublime and i loved it..
i prolly wouldna eated so many but as the story goes took one didnt come on two much after 1.5 hours so i have another 3 , then three in the morning; doesd up again trippped hard all day listening to primo Industrial music, well Velvet Acid Christ to be exact.... and had one of the most increadible tripps of my life. im not complining at all. latter on in the week i just was a lill supriesed to find out it wasnt acid, and in high does's i t can be lethal. but im still here and fuctioning.

i think its fair to say the psychadelics are better done in high does's. screw the moderate effects of one. if your gonna do it propperly then push the envelope i say.

xxDreadQ

Unfortunately in todays world; blotters do not equal LSD anymore!
Back in the day i use to do the same thing ie taking 2, 3, 4, 5, + hits all at once.

I won't do that any more unless i know fore sure what im getting is indeed LSD!.
cheers

DreadQ
Didn't the intence chemical taist just make you stop for a minute, the cogs of your brain slowly churn over and think "whoa fuck, maybe this isnt lsd, maybe i should go a little easy on it" ?

but if the lethal dosage is 3.5mg should i not be dead? i would have had more than twice that amount and im alive and my mind is a fine as it ever was. [/B][/QUOTE]

actually the lethal dose of DOB is about 100mg but its not for sure.around there....there has been 2 people that have died taking it as e and found out it was dob...

I really think people should provide references when stating facts and dosages.

BigTrancer :)

your right bigtrancer sorry i got that estimate from a phikal entry of dob here is the part i was talking about.... as for 3.5 overdosing you is what it says on erowid so you were right.... but i was meaning a deadly dose is about 100 milligrams here a peice of of phikal entry from shulgin

Actually, it is very likely that the damaging, if not lethal, level of DOB in man is a lot lower than this ratio would imply. There was a report of a death of a young lady following the snorting of an amount of DOB so massive, there was the actual recovery of over nine milligrams of the drug from her body tissues in the post-mortem examination. It was said that she and her companion had thought that the drug they were using was MDA and, taking a dosage appropriate for this, effectively overdosed themselves. He survived, following convulsions and an extended period (several weeks) of being in a comatose state. Tragic examples have been reported that involve arterial vascular spasm. But in most overdose cases ascribed to DOB, the identity of the drug has remained unestablished.

I was actually led to believe that the strong chemical was the result of the tabs being contained on an old piece of foil that was prolly coated with something..

but yeah fine, im an idiot ok..

'measure it twice, cut it once'

rm2x said:
I remember reading ages ago that DOB may have first been synthesized in Australia in the early 70s'. I can't remember where I read it from but I found this that may be of interest.

DOB was first synthesized by Dr. A. Shulgin in California in the late '60s. I believe its first mention in the literature was in 1968.

Oh and another thing, has anyone who had DOB recently noticed how you feel so dirty in the "comedown"
altho its not really a comedown, its more of a "wtf" feeling, but yeah, my mate had a theroy that toxins are escapeing through the skin or something *shrug*
any feedback would be nice ;)

Although I've read the pihkal entry on DOB it got me wondering does anyone what phenethylamine do in your brain.

For example I know that MDMA inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin(s), whilst THC stimulates dopamine.

What neurotransmitters do phenethylamine's interact with?

Xenogenesis: Sounds like someone reached a conclusion without logic and stemming! God bless Psychedelics for that!

Conclusion?
Hardly, I'd say more of a theroy, as you can see i said "My mate had a theroy" not, "My mate came to a conclusion."

morninggloryseed said:
Originally posted by rm2x
I remember reading ages ago that DOB may have first been synthesized in Australia in the early 70s'. I can't remember where I read it from but I found this that may be of interest.
DOB was first synthesized by Dr. A. Shulgin in California in the late '60s. I believe its first mention in the literature was in 1968.

Its quite interesting that this drug has been around for so long, yet has so little recognition (then again, I guess alot of the popular drugs these days were around for a very long time before people starting abusing them (i.e. mdma)). Though did rm2x mean "the first time DOB was synthesized in Australia", or "the first time DOB was synthesized was in Australia"? I suspect it was the former.