• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Difficulty with Suboxone Induction

Like the previous posters reply suggested...Maybe you could stop using fentnyl and use something short acting (roxy, dilaudid, oxy etc.) For a few days so it will be out of your system and you wont be sick for days. Then you know all is in you is the shorter acting opis then try induction again?
I had thought about getting back on pills to get off suboxone but that was not financially feasible for me at the time.

Like the previous posters reply suggested...Maybe you could stop using fentnyl and use something short acting (roxy, dilaudid, oxy etc.) For a few days so it will be out of your system and you wont be sick for days. Then you know all is in you is the shorter acting opis then try induction again?
I had thought about getting back on pills to get off suboxone but that was not financially feasible for me at the time.

Thats what I was asking is that will the oxy work if I been taking fentanyl since its so strong? The take the suboxone once I know the fent is completely out of my system. I also though about taking oxy to get off subs when I was in that situation. It will def work if you do it right but if you dont, you could be back to wear you started. Anyway, once I get back on subs im going to try to do a 7 day detox and not be on them for long term this time. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thats what I was asking is that will the oxy work if I been taking fentanyl since its so strong? The take the suboxone once I know the fent is completely out of my system. I also though about taking oxy to get off subs when I was in that situation. It will def work if you do it right but if you dont, you could be back to wear you started. Anyway, once I get back on subs im going to try to do a 7 day detox and not be on them for long term this time. Please let me know your thoughts.
I think it will work but ive never personally done that transition for induction. I stay far away from fent. Thats a thin line i dont want to walk from what i hear. Its worth a try and really the only option you have aside from going 3 and 4 days with nothing and then attempting induction again.

Did this work for you? I been snorting fent and I want to get back on suboxone but the PW scares the living shit out of me. My plan was to get some 30mg oxys to hold me over for a few days while the fent leaves my system. Then wait the normal time and take my suboxone again. So I wont have to deal with PW.
Hey brother... yea I did the 20s which I knew where real for about 6 days and then waiting 24 hours and started feeling pretty shitty, then took a sub and thank god I didn’t go into PW again... I don’t know If there is something that’s in the Fentanyl that makes this happen or what.... but I’m happy to be back on subs... I’m down to .5 mgs every other day so I’m almost done with the taper now too.... I. Sooo over being dependent and wasting fucking money.... I wish you the best dude

W
I am currently using and trying to transition to Suboxone. According to my doctor I am using straight fentanyl. No opiates show up in urine or lab testing, only fent. I am a heavy user, anywhere from 1 to 6 buns a day.

So twice now I have tried to start subs. First time I waited 24 hrs. Took half a sub and had mild PWs. So I used again, and next time I waited over 30 hours. Took a half a sub again and had the worst PWs I have ever had in my life.

According to what I've read the half life of IV fent is only 2 to 4 hrs. After 30 hrs nothing should be on my receptors still, right?

I don't understand what is going on. I have never had PW before these two times, and I generally only wait like 12 hrs or so when I'm taking normal opiates. Both times I wasn't really THAT sick, just a LITTLE uncomfortable and figured each time it had been long enough.

Does anyone have any insight? Is 30 hrs somehow still not long enough?? I feel like that should be plenty even if I'm not that sick yet. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
not sure if I can be any help ....I I’ve been taking subutex for years....like 8....and the first time it was prescribed the dr. First gave me a shit load of norcos to take so all my receptors where being used and then I went by the cows standard list of jonesing....which u can look up on line....and only when I was in full withdrawal did I start taking the subutex.....good luck ......I have only been on morphine for 8 years and tryid fent.one time and it SUCKED ASS....DONT DO THAT SHIT PLEASE....FUCKING CHINESE BULLSHIT.....BEST OF LUCK