• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DANCE STYLE GUIDES (LIQUID, BREAK, ETC)

A friend of mine has one of the "electric boogaloo crew' learn to breakdance instruction videos. got it for 2 bucks at the markets.
top shit :D

Sorry for sounding naive, but what is LIQUID DANCING? That SHUTUPDANCE site is down.... is this dancing for hardhouse/trance or what the?!?!

Bumpmek: Liquid dancing, obviously, is a style of dance. The premise behind it is to make it appear as if you're body is liquid.
I.E. very smooth and flowing, through all parts of your body. And yes, generally it seems to lend itself to trance music when implemented, but those truly skilled at it can adapt it and dance to many styles of music with it.
Although i don't see how one could possibly dance to jungle using liquid, i guess its possible but, mmmm doesnt seem right.
Adikkal
PS: only the forums on S.A.D. are working, theres some pretty good info in that forum though.

yeah, the SAD forum is PACKED full of knowledge - that's where I learned to liquid from. Some of the dancers know a lot of shit - Philosopop especially (history, moves etc). Ask him if you need help, or maybe I could help ya out. I wanna put a video of my dancing, but I don't have a digital camera, just a normal one. People say I'm pritty good, but that was when I was dedicated to it. Now I don't have any time.

Originally posted by Fetish_Jester:
Listen to it, feel it flow through you. Let it caress your body, embrace your spirit. Flow with it, become the dancer and the dance, be the music. Close your eyes and get lost in the moment. Forget that the universe exists. The only things that are real are you, and the music. Move with it, let it take you on a journey. Reach enlightment on the dancefloor
Fuck yeah. :D

its funny when a decade that you remember becomes retro cool... this thread makes me laugh coz i know know why my dad was laughing, but im not diggn at yas... i still think b'boy shit is cool, cept for ya backwards caps and moonwalkn, but the breakn will never die and taggn is the shit hey... its not even eighties... its foreva.

supaseed: you know how much that is worth?! that is a collectors item amongst hiphop circles!

He may have only paid 2 bucks for it, but he knows it's worth. Tracksuits, headbands, boogaloo and beatboxes... awww yeah!
Where's a how to "melbourne shuffle" site?
hmmmm?
Let's get some uploaded dancing 'film clips'! if only i had a digi vid cam!

Hey to all you who know a little liquid,you should come to passion 4 this weekend. We should pool our knowledge, i was talking to some liquid dancers from NYC and they said the best way to learn is to watch other peoples technique and incorporate it into yours.

yeah, still no one has provided me video evidence of what the malbern shuffle is.
its like the lock ness friggen monster

*stomp*
*stomp*
*stomp*
*stomp*
*stomp*
*shuffle*
*STOMP!*
-plaz out-

don't knock it till ya seen it snrub. dem southerners got da skills. some of em anyways..
yeah ive been thinkin about goin to that breakdance class in sydney for a while now. apparently they hold it at mac uni on friday nights. wanna get a bit fit first though. would be cool to have some ppl to practice and train properly with.. dancing is the best shit. ive always wanted to improve..
anyone up for looking like a dickhead with me and rocking up to this class??
info -
BREAK CLUB SYDNEY UNIVERSITy
The longest running Australian break dance classes
Day: Friday
Time: 7:30 - 9:00pm
Venue: University of Sydney Arena Sports Centre, corner of Western Ave and Physics Rd within Sydney University Main Campus (Ross St entrance of Parramatta Rd)
Cost: $10 per class
Instructors: B-Boy's Scott Fox, Swiper, Wombat, Jonny Phive and B-Girl Rogue on rotaion.
[ 21 May 2002: Message edited by: fat tony ]

wow, it's good to see that Liquid is getting known around Australia.
I live on da Gold Coast, being doing Liquid for about 8 months.
Recently I went down to Sydney and met a couple of wicked liquid dancers at Utopia. It's really a great experience to finally see someone busting moves in real life....u can definetely progress quicker by watching other dancers.
Well, if anyone is ever in the South-East QLD area and they're lookin' to share some skillz, drop me a line...
if not, i'll see y'all back in Sydney one day ;)
oh yeah, while i was down in Sydney i went on Room208 on Channel V doing some liquid...they don't film the show very well so it looked like crap...but yeah.

What's up everybody?
I'm new to this board... thanks for the link liquid meth ;)
I've been dancing for about 7 months....
liquiding, waving, popping, boogaloo, strobing, some tickin and tuttin.
Just wanted to say a big shout out to all those dancers representing liquid or boogaloo.
No doubt the two TIGHTEST styles out.... if anyone wants to dance, get down, share moves... whatever
(brissy - gc coasters)
I'm also looking for some party people to hit up raves and parties with. Haven't been since I turned 18, anyone know
any mad events?
get at me :)
[email protected]

Hey all,
just wanted to add my 2c that Black Ice is the schmoovest liquid dancer I've ever had the pleasure of boogying with. I've been imitating his skills for a while but my fucked up lungs cant keep it up for long enough.
On the topic of the melbourne shuffle, theres a story on ITM at the mo'about the history of the melbourne shuffle.
Personally, I have 3 styles of dancing, psytrancey allovathaplace grooving, happyhard aerobics stomping and my personal fave, breakbeat boogying. Oh, and the drunken house music sway.
I'm keen too to upgrade my liquid skillz to acompany my new foray into firetwirling, that shit is fun. There is a group who practice twirling in glebe point park on thursday nights if any of u bluelighters are innarested.
Oh, finally, I can also testify that Addikals skillz are profound on the floor, and the breaking classes at sydney uni are well worth the $. I stopped going tho cause I fucked my shoulder up trying to learn babyfreezes to spins. It still hurts and cracks were it shouldnt.
increase tha peace and out.

I must admit even though I'm from Sydney that the Melbourne shuffle is pretty cool and funkie. There is a ITM stream of the thing if Ur interested. As far as dance styles are concerned I don't really have one, I just lost in the music. Have tried learning but... it's too hard to pre conceive Ur moves, rather let it flow.
All I can say is i totally agree wit ya Fetish_Jester and evil calvin.
In saying so I give credit where credits due, all those ppl with liquied and breaks skills are cool. But what happen to house dance moves.
Although the hardest dance moves I've tried to mimick would be d&b I have no sense of co ordination and creativity when it comes to that music.
PeaceOut

To see the shuffle go to inthemix.com.au then go to itm tv, the shuffle vid is there. Give it a few goes at different times - I've had trouble downloading it occasionally. Well worth the effort, though I wish they had focussed more on the dancer's feet and had better lighting - it's tough work teaching yourself to shuffle from a badly lit vid that 2" square ;) . Damn but I want to master it and show these Brits what real dancing looks like!
As to liquid - the only person I met who could do it at all was a Canadian who told me that over there there's plenty of people who can do it.