• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Cyclazodone Megathread

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
OP: "For those of you not aware, cyclazodone is a pemoline derivative (a defunct ADHD medicine not available in some parts of the world due to concerns over hepatotoxicity). I have never seen ec50's for the compound (in fact, i don't recall ever seeing ec50s for pemoline either), but it seems to be a not particularly noradrenergic monoamine releasing agent (with preference for DA release, and with what seems like serotonin release at high doses).

I bought some a few years ago, and only tested it a few times (stopping after finding it zombifying for whatever reason). Recently i've been giving it a second chance, and frankly like it quite abit. It is only euphoric in high doses, but has focus enhancing properties that rival amphetamine. Though not euphoric per say, it has profound antidepressant properties. Comedown is truly minimal, and the antidepressant lingers. Lacks the social awkwardness and anxiety of amphetamine, but being not particularly adrenergic, doesn't have the same motivation enhancement. It lasts a long time.

Doses have been in the 5 to 35mg range, primarily intranasal. It can induce physical anxiety, particularly at high doses and when unaccustomed to its effects, but these fades. It seems to be a very useful compound (wonder if my liver agrees with that)."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Information pulled from psychonautwiki.org

N-Cyclopropylpemoline (also known as Cyclazodone) is a novel stimulant substance of the 4-oxazolidinone class. It is structurally related to pemoline and 4-methylaminorex. The mechanism of action involves promoting the release of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain.

Cyclazodone was developed in the 1960s by the American Cyanamid Company. Its non-clinical use has only found recent attention as a research chemical study aid. It should be noted that the lack of pharmacological data and extremely limited history of human usage pose considerable concern regarding its long-term use as a substitute for prescription stimulants.

Subjective effects include stimulation, focus enhancement, stamina enhancement, increased blood pressure, and mild euphoria. Some anecdotal reports suggest that cyclazodone and its parent compound pemoline may have nootropic properties similar to central nervous system stimulants such as methylphenidate and amphetamine.

Cyclazodone has no documented history of recreational human usage before it appeared on the online research chemical market in 2017. Based on related compounds, it is speculated that it likely possesses hepatotoxic and other not-yet-known toxic properties.

Pharmacology​

Cyclazodone is an approximately 3x - 5x more potent N-cyclopropyl derivative of pemoline. Pemoline is considered to be dopaminergic, but its precise method of action has not been fully determined. Pemoline has minimal affinity for noradrenaline receptors and thus has minimal sympathomimetic side effects compared with typical dopaminergic central nervous system stimulants such as methylphenidate and dextro-amphetamine.

According to patents filed by the inventors, cyclazodone exhibited central nervous system stimulating properties and anorexigenic properties much more potent than those of pemoline, and more potent than those of various other N-lower-alkyl-substituted pemoline derivatives. At the time cyclazodone also offered a much more favorable therapeutic index and margin of safety than pemoline and other N-lower-alkyl-substituted pemoline derivatives.

In animal models, cyclazodone exhibits central nervous system stimulant and antidepressant efficacy and potency at least equal to that of dextro-amphetamine. The duration of maximum activity spanned 180 minutes, and the total duration of excitation was in excess of 6 hours. Furthermore, according to the inventor's patents, cyclazodone also possessed anorexic efficacy and potency at least equal to that of dextro-amphetamine in animal models, yet the toxicity of cyclazodone was found to be low in comparison with the activity thereof.

Duration
Dosage
Oral
Threshold5 mg
Light5 - 15 mg
Common15 - 25 mg
Strong25 - 40 mg
Heavy40 mg +Liver damage may result from heavy or sustained usage.
Total5 - 7 hours
Onset20 - 45 minutes

- @deficiT

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a small amount of it one time. I didn't really care for it, it definitely had light stimulant properties and a very mild euphoria, but only when snorted, and it also produced some anxiety/jitteriness. I ended up giving most of it to my friend who is nuts about stims, he and his girl thought it was meh but did it all. I can't remember the doses I was taking, I think like 20-30mg? I probably went up to 50mg once, I remember the highest dose I liked the least because of increased side effects.

Yeah my perceptions when i first tried it 2 years ago were 100% the same. Perhaps I'm simply more depressed now, and am having a therapeutic response, or perhaps the cyclopropyl group dropped off and it turned into something more interesting after 2 years of sitting, like a fine wine ??

In any event it sort of feels like a diet 2-fma, with fewer side-effects. Really thought it was garbage at first however. It took a few days to get past (or perhaps accustomed to) the physical anxiety.

Last edited:
Haven't tried cyclazodone yet but have tried n methyl cyclazodone many times.

Too much definitely leads to anxiety + side effects but a Goldilocks dose gives a slight increase in motivation and concentration without feeling too much like you took an actual stim.

Only downside (or positive depends on how you look at it) with the n methyl version is that it has long legs. If I dose just as I wake up I can still feel some tiny lingering effects when waking up the following day (so a hint of lingering effects still 24 hours later).

Doesn't seem to interrupt sleep too much, just make sure to dose early enough. It might take a few extra minutes to fall asleep but that's fine at-least sleep is still possible without downers.

This is all, of course, with reasonable doses. I don't know what happens if you try and chase a high with it - and frankly I'm scared to find out what would happen if you did.

I rather like the stuff but find it works best when take at a dose where it's almost impossible to even recognize it's working... so I tend to dose just barely above threshold. Kinda like taking a micro dose of a psychedelic and the going about your day.

Haven't tried cyclazodone yet but have tried n methyl cyclazodone many times.

Too much definitely leads to anxiety + side effects but a Goldilocks dose gives a slight increase in motivation and concentration without feeling too much like you took an actual stim.

Only downside (or positive depends on how you look at it) with the n methyl version is that it has long legs. If I dose just as I wake up I can still feel some tiny lingering effects when waking up the following day (so a hint of lingering effects still 24 hours later).

Doesn't seem to interrupt sleep too much, just make sure to dose early enough. It might take a few extra minutes to fall asleep but that's fine at-least sleep is still possible without downers.

This is all, of course, with reasonable doses. I don't know what happens if you try and chase a high with it - and frankly I'm scared to find out what would happen if you did.

I rather like the stuff but find it works best when take at a dose where it's almost impossible to even recognize it's working... so I tend to dose just barely above threshold. Kinda like taking a micro dose of a psychedelic and the going about your day.

Interesting. What has been your dosage range, and most preferred dose? What ROA's have you tried?

I've tried vaping cyclazodone a fews times. Doesn't seem like a good idea, it produces a vile smoke that is awful on the lungs.

Interesting. What has been your dosage range, and most preferred dose? What ROA's have you tried?

I've tried vaping cyclazodone a fews times. Doesn't seem like a good idea, it produces a vile smoke that is awful on the lungs.

I have tried 5mg to 50mg. My preferred dose is around 10-15mg as 5mg was too low and goes by unnoticed for me. 20-30mg is good for days when I want it to hit harder but I will get some anxiety at this level. 35mg and up is when the side effects start getting to be too much. Tried 50mg once and just felt crappy all day, not tweaking exactly but like I had taken a stim and got only shitty side effects and nothing positive.

ROA was mostly oral but both sublingual and nasal work for me to. I didn't notice much improvement with one over the others. It doesn't seem like it absorbs very quickly via nasal membranes so there didn't seem to be much benefit to snorting it, maybe kicks in a bit quicker than oral but that's it - a few minutes difference.

I also tried vaping it. With careful heating it can be done but it seemed pointless as it provided no rush or any improvement over other roas. Plus it was difficult to heat just right, way too easy to burn it and then it's tastes vile.

I found cyclazodone the best out of Thozalinone, N-Methyl-Cyclazodone, and Fenozolone (believe I spelled those correctly. Doses were mainly oral at 10-20mg. Original research was higher, around 25-40mg but it produced a lot of nervous energy.

Snorting, sublingual, and vaping were not particularly useful.

Lasted about 4-6 hours. Not so much recreational as a mild mood boost and focus enhancer. There were times when I was tired at 11pm, dosed, and still fell asleep by 1am. Daily use leads to extreme fatigue upon discontinuation that is really debilitating.

I found cyclazodone the best out of Thozalinone, N-Methyl-Cyclazodone, and Fenozolone (believe I spelled those correctly. Doses were mainly oral at 10-20mg. Original research was higher, around 25-40mg but it produced a lot of nervous energy.

Snorting, sublingual, and vaping were not particularly useful.

Lasted about 4-6 hours. Not so much recreational as a mild mood boost and focus enhancer. There were times when I was tired at 11pm, dosed, and still fell asleep by 1am. Daily use leads to extreme fatigue upon discontinuation that is really debilitating.

Very interesting that you tried all 4 of the commonly available aminorex analogs. Also the fatigue you mention that occurs on discontinuation is a little disconcerting. What was the issue with intranasal administration?

Very interesting that you tried all 4 of the commonly available aminorex analogs. Also the fatigue you mention that occurs on discontinuation is a little disconcerting. What was the issue with intranasal administration?

Yea I gravitated towards the N-methyl and cyclaz. Thoza was way too subtle and doses were significantly higher. Feno was more relaxed than cycla and n-methyl which I didn't want.

The fatigue feels like the fatigue from prolonged Adderall use. Never experienced strange side effects during or after use. Mainly just overwhelming fatigue. Although I would use daily for 1-2 months.

Intranasal seemed like placebo or effects that would be the drip being metabolized. Could be that I didn't research that aspect enough or onset was just slow. If it works for you then I ain't gonna argue that hah!

I've searched the forum and only found minor references to this Cyclazodone derivative. There's a little bit on reddit, but I haven't discovered much else. I haven't ran into the parent compound or any of it's analogues, so I was curious to hear if anyone had much experience with this one? It also seems to sorta be considered a "nootropic", which I have very little experience with.

So if anyone has any dosage info, duration, basics on this substance I'd love to hear... thanks!

N-methylcyclazodone lasts substantially longer than cyclazodone. It is also more serotonergic, and overall more stimulating than cyclazodone when dosed high (60mg etc).

N-methylcyclazodone feels a bit more toxic than cyclazodone. High doses will make you feel drained. A single large dose (like 50-60mg+) will make sleep difficult for some 18 hours or so (unless you have benzos).

Generally I prefer cyclazodone to N-methylcyclazodone as it is shorter acting and more stimulating at lower doses. Yet while 20mg of cyclazodone is more stimulating than 20mg of N-methylcyclazodone, i find 60-70mg+ of N-methylcyclazodone to be more stimulating than the same dose of cyclazodone. Like clean your garage for 10 hours stimulating. That said high doses of cyclazodone are also very stimulating, but n-methylcyclazodone is substantially smoother, and perhaps due to more serotonin release, less anxiogenic. The longer duration likely makes it feel more stimulating than cyclazodone.

Neither are recreational drugs, but high doses of n-methylcyclazodone are more enjoyable than high doses of cyclazodone due to serotonergic sparkles. I prefer both to 2-FMA as they seem to have less side-effects and stronger antidepressant qualities. 2-FMA is likely safer however.

Generally however one should not take large doses of either due to potential hepatotoxicity.

Doses of n-methylcyclazodone should not be taken after 10am due to its long duration and risk of insomnia. Cyclazodone, in my experience, can be dosed as late as 2pm, in amounts as much as 25mg, without inducing insomnia, but this might come with tolerance.

Overall both are mood brightening mild stimulants in low to moderate doses (5mg to 30mg). Beyond that range they become quite strong and potentially anxiogenic (especially in the case of cyclazodone). N-methylcyclazodone is significantly smoother, longer lasting and more serotonergic but may be more toxic than cyclazodone.

I've always been interested in pemoline & derivates, now going to acquire some cyclazodone. The point about anxiety might be problematic but I'm more sensitive to NE than DA, even meth is more anxiolytic than anxiogenic to me. Lookin forward :)

I recently discovered Cyclazodone and have found it to be quite enjoyable. Personally I feel it’s as good if not better than Adderall. It’s easily accessible, although it sits in a legal grey area.

Regular cyclazodone? I prefer the n-methyl-cyclazodone myself

N-methylcyclazodone definitely feels better. Quite a bit better. Stronger and more motivating. I once cleaned my garage for 10 hours straight while on significant doses of n-methylcyclazodone. I probably ran through 140mg, maybe more. It is very long lasting and no even benzos could make me sleep. It may have been closer to 200mg as i was redosing it. I felt awful the next day. Feels more toxic than cyclazodone and more serotonergic. Gave me that nasty depleted feeling that occurs from serotonin releasing agents. Certainly feels better than cyclazodone due to that serotonin release, almost recreational. But if dosed too late in the day sleep becomes very difficult.

N-methylcyclazodone is to cyclazodone as methamphetamine is to amphetamine: increased duration, increased abuse potential, increased serotonin release and likely increased toxicity.

I don't really use either anymore: I gave in and got a dexedrine prescription.

N-methylcyclazodone definitely feels better. Quite a bit better. Stronger and more motivating. I once cleaned my garage for 10 hours straight while on significant doses of n-methylcyclazodone. I probably ran through 140mg, maybe more. It is very long lasting and no even benzos could make me sleep. It may have been closer to 200mg as i was redosing it. I felt awful the next day. Feels more toxic than cyclazodone and more serotonergic. Gave me that nasty depleted feeling that occurs from serotonin releasing agents. Certainly feels better than cyclazodone due to that serotonin release, almost recreational. But if dosed too late in the day sleep becomes very difficult.

N-methylcyclazodone is to cyclazodone as methamphetamine is to amphetamine: increased duration, increased abuse potential, increased serotonin release and likely increased toxicity.

I don't really use either anymore: I gave in and got a dexedrine prescription.
Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely have to try n-m-c. I have a methylphenidate script(my fave), but I like to spice things up a few times a week.

Well don't try and take 200mg. Don't exceed 40mg-50mg at a maximum (which should be a strong dose). If you take doses that high it is so long lasting that you have to take it no later than 9am or sleep will be hard (unless you're a good sleeper maybe, im not). I do like it better than cyclazodone but i find it a little trickier to use. Ive only snorted n-methylcyclazodone, maybe took it orally once. It is smoother than cyclazodone and comes on a bit slower. If you take cyclazodone derivatives with any frequency perhaps take some n-acetylcysteine and strong milk thistle extract (50:1) in hopes it will reduce any hepatotoxicity.

Well don't try and take 200mg. Don't exceed 40mg-50mg at a maximum (which should be a strong dose). If you take doses that high it is so long lasting that you have to take it no later than 9am or sleep will be hard (unless you're a good sleeper maybe, im not). I do like it better than cyclazodone but i find it a little trickier to use. Ive only snorted n-methylcyclazodone, maybe took it orally once. It is smoother than cyclazodone and comes on a bit slower. If you take cyclazodone derivatives with any frequency perhaps take some n-acetylcysteine and strong milk thistle extract (50:1) in hopes it will reduce any hepatotoxicity.
I wouldn’t take that much lol. I spent days researching Cyclazodone before I pulled the trigger. Some of your past posts really helped.

I sometimes get a really annoying headache from n-methyl-cyclaz, if I take too much. A benzo will get rid of it, but it happened to me a few days in a row a little while back. I have kept my dosages to 10-20mg since then and there are very few side effects, if any. Just clean, long-lasting stimulation and some motivation but not as much as dex-amp or methylphenidate.