• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (paliperidone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
only possible solution in this world

The mechanisms by which antipsychotic drugs may cause sexual dysfunction are as follows: histamine receptor antagonism, dopamine receptor antagonism, dopamine D2 receptor antagonism, cholinergic receptor antagonism, and alpha-adrenergic alpha receptor antagonism.4,5

Concretely, being bound to histaminergic receptors may impair arousal by directly increasing sedation. Dopaminergic receptor antagonism may decrease the libido by inhibiting motivation and reward. Blockade of dopamine D2 receptors in the tuberoinfundibular pathway by antipsychotics may decrease the libido, impair arousal, and impair orgasm indirectly, by leading to elevated prolactin levels. Cholinergic receptor antagonism may induce erectile dysfunction by reducing peripheral vasodilation. Alpha-adrenergic alpha receptor antagonism can reduce peripheral vasodilation, resulting in erectile dysfunction in men and decreased lubrication in women

I suffer from erection dysfunction due to antipyschotics these problems can be reverted back by reducing prolactin and taking dopamine agonist such as ropinirole and methylphenidale

I reduced prolactin with bromocriptine but I still have these problems

Do you still have erection dysfunction and liquid semen problem and pleasure less orgams even after reducing ,your prolactin level to below Fifteen (below 15 is desired range).......
my prolactin level was 35 and what is your prolactin level........ Did you have any change in the side effects

I read on a few sites that cabergoline was more effective than bromocriptine, but you might have to take it for 1-2 years to see restored fertility and erections. I haven't been to an endocrinologist yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from hyperprolactinemia and growth hormone issues. Also, did you experienced muscle weakness? Everything is still a lot heavier than usual for me and I was very athletic before the shot. I'm hoping cabergoline with a few changes in lifestyle will do the trick, if the doctor prescribes it.

me too mine was at 35 and I reduced it to below 18 but still have less sperm than what I had before the injection.

me too mine was at 35 and I reduced it to below 18 but still have less sperm than what I had before the injection.

Did you have erection dysfunction and pleasure less orgams after that injection , did these side effects go away after reducing prolactin

ya still less pleasure and less sperm but better
Its happy to hear that you have recovered ,its really hard to find some one who have recovered from this shit paliperidone..How long you have been off this deadly injection......
what about smoking and drinking and anhedonia ,can you feel them did you have that side effects of anhedonia ,how about it is better now,this site does not allow us to send private message and its difficult waiting for your message in public mode ..Can i have your facebook address OR email

I'm surprised so many people have experienced this. I was on it for two months. They put me on abilify by mouth after and I was doing pretty well. Never experienced any chronic lasting effects.

you must be special
How can you say that you have not recovered ...you are sure that you had erection problem and it went away after you reduced your prolactin right ..... are you very sure about it because am scared to death that this drug causes permanent erection dysfunction .....I spoke with few in youtube they are experiencing permanent erection dysfunction even after many years ......BUt in your case your lucky right

I have been taking invega sustenna for almost 2 years now and am down to 50mg injection a month, my pdoc is lowering the dose because like some here I have sexual problems with it (difficulty getting an erection, reduced ejaculate and my orgasm aren't nearly as pleasurable as they where before without meds) I will also be starting Abilify and discontinuing invega sustenna... so hopefully my sexual dysfunctions resolve when I am only on Abilify... Anyone here who experienced the same sexual problems as I did recovered completely from this after switching meds?

Last edited:
Am much worried about the sexual problems ,Have you found any one recovered completely from the erection dysfunction caused due this paliperidone

For the restlessness I would recommend asking about a high dose of cognetin or artane. It goes away after a few months, so you can get off of it sooner or later. It's best to wait it out. The medicine takes six months to work fully. I know that's a long time, but it's worth a happy 50+ more years of life.

Abilify is good shit. Stick with it. Been on it a month now and really starting to see changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.