• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

COLD WATER EXTRACTION made simple(r)

Is there any way to turn the liquid hydrocodone into a powder form? How would this be done?

scarletfire said:
Yes, it will work for hydros. My question is what is the exact solubility of hydrocodone (mg/mL, g/L, or whatever) and would it work to boil off the water after CWE and be left with pure hydrocodone powder or would the heat effect the chemical? Thanks.

That is a great question Fire! The Brits and Canadians are off there arses on codeine, need more details on solubility of hydrocodone. and by the way, warm water extraction seems to work better in terms of solubility and efficiency, at least with the Vics.

SWIM turned the liquid hydrocodone into powder by putting a plate over boiling water and placing the liquid on the plate until it solidified. Then scrapped it for powder. Great stuff

popcornplayr said:
SWIM turned the liquid hydrocodone into powder by putting a plate over boiling water and placing the liquid on the plate until it solidified. Then scrapped it for powder. Great stuff

Has SWIM really done this is SWIM repeating what SWIM has heard from other SWIMs

dude we know who you are we are watching you we want to eat your vics.

No seriously, does that method really work?

can you do a CWE with oxycodone? or is it just codine products? (I take oxy with no apap

^ Yeah. You can. codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone. It works for all of them.

But if you take oxy without APAP why would it matter?

great thread. here is my method

time needed: 5 minutes
material: 2 glasses, 1 rubber band, 1 hair brush, 1 coffee filter (basket style), and 1 cigarette
yield: Possibly High

Preperation: Before you do anything, put your pills in the first glass, and add cold watter, to give them some time to soak.

* Now, take the filter and put it over the 2nd glass, and keep it in place with the rubber

* now, look for your pills, swish them around a little. they are either disolved or not. if they are not, add a bit more watter and see if that does the trick. if not, use the back end of the hairbrush to crush them up as fine as possible. That will be easy, since they are just a blob of binders now.

* Swirl around, dump the whole thing in the filter. Go and enjoy your smoke.
Now. There are two possibilities. It filters FAST (like the ASA + C kind), and by the time you come back in it's already just sludge in the filter. Or, as i noticed with everything that has APAP in it, it will take for freaking ever. If it filters SLOW, you just have to wait.

* take of the rubber band. Now here comes the "tricky" part... Twist the filter on top, so it looks like a bundle. make sure the top is 100% twisted and sealed shut. now, GENTLY squeeze the filter to get any remaining moisture out. Open the top just a tad, so you can add a tiny bit of watter on the filter cake. twist it shut again, and squeeze once again. This way, you get ALL the remaining stuff from the filter cake. You can repeat that once or twice.

* Why is this tricky? The filter tends to rip without any announcements, and then it kinda squirts out and you have a big loss. In that case, i have a method to "save" whatever got lost.
If whatever spilled happen to spill on a solid clean surface, don't worry. we can get all of that. just make sure it doesn't drip on the floor. Now take a bit of toilet paper, and soak up all the shit that went beside the glass. Wring out the toilet paper, and voila. take the wet lump, pur a bit of watter over it to get all the remains, and squeeze it out one more time. That invention led to my 2nd technique %) ....

CWE Revised: Now even faster, the 2nd method. TOP SECRET

* Add the pills to your beaker, add watter and make sure they disolve. Let the whole mixture stand untill all the sludge settles to the ground.

* Here comes the tricky part: Take a huge blob of toilet paper, and submerge it in the solution. it should soak up all of the watter, and leave the cake in the bottom. you can repeat that step if you have to, untill there is just the sludge in the bottom. add more watter, do it one more time to get it all.

* squeeze out the wet toilet paper over a filter. This way it filters WAY faster. of course, make sure to add water to the squeezed out toilet paper, and squeeze once more to get all the remains.

This still needs some work, but the day i find out a reliable, fast and efficient method, i will let you guys know.

Here is something i wrote in a journal somewhere. It is a step-by-step from Codeine+Aspirin+Coffeine pills untill the last step, the plugging of the solution. Just thought i share :)

Rectal administration of Codeine from ASA + C + Codeine 375/15/8mgs

Things you need and how much they are:
* Codeine tablets (ASA+C+Codeine) - $ 7,50
* Rectal Enema bottle (Fleet) - $ 5,00
* Coffee filter (one) - $ 1,00
* Piece of rubber string - go find it
* 1 glass or beaker - from your house

Filtering
* Take a healthy crap to begin with
* Unscrew the enema bottle, empty out, rinse and wash with warm water. keep the nozzle on the tip, it has some lube on it.
* Put 35 or so tablets in the enema bottle.
* add water for about 2/3th of the enema bottle. USE COLD WATER
* put the filter over the glass, creating an inverted dome, keeping it in place with the rubber.
* Swirl the tablets around in the enema bottle
* Do this (swirl, wait a minute, swirl, wait) until the pills are dissolved. You notice when you don't hear them sloshing around anymore.
* Pour it into the filter
* add a *tiny* bit of water to catch all the leftovers from the bottle, pour it on top of it
* wait 5 - 10 minutes. When you can just see the moist ASA Crystals, loosen up the sides of the rubber string, take the filter, put all the sides together to form a bundle and twist it at the very top so no solution can come out unfiltered
* Keep on twisting in gently, until all moisture is pressed out. Be carefull not to let any solution escape through the top. twist and squeeze gently, otherwise it will rip. If it rips regardless, use 2 instead of 1 filter.
* Pour the liquid in the clean enema bottle.

Now the fun part:
* Pull down your pants, close the door, make sure you are alone and don't get interrupted.
* Also wash your hands before and after the procedure.
* Bend over, stick your butt up, just like you're doing it doggy style (or get done doggie-style...).
* Stick the nozzle carefully in your anus, about 4/5th of the way down. Press a little on the bottle, and it should come out easily. At this point you might notice and odd cold sensation inside you, that is perfectly normal and just fine.
* If it doesn't come out that easy, don't press the bottle too hard. Pull back a cm or so, wiggle a bit left and right and try again. that should work for sure. If not, increase pressure. It will come out eventually.
* Squeeze all the bottle gently into there. Once you notice air coming out, you know it's empty. It kinda feels like an inverse fart when it does. Don't worry about it too much, it will be just fine.
* Pull out, clinch for a sec, pull up your pants and relax. nothing will just squirt out. Don't try to fart for the next 5 minutes or so. It will be absorbed within minutes, and the Codeine is highly constipating, to counteract the enema. It really works, and doesn't give you liquid shits from hell or something.

Aftermath
* clean or dispose your rectal enema bottle. Warm water works fine, and some alcohol swabs afterwards are even better. Make sure you put on lube when you use more than one time
* Dispose of all the filter-gunk. You can flush them down the toilet without a problem.
* Clean out the glass
* Store the pills in a proper place, away from children or animals
* WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE

Now you see i have a good routine here. It takes me no more than 10 minutes from the first to the last step, and it is possible to do it living together with someone without them even noticing your trip to the bathroom. None of the supplies i listed can't be kept in the bathroom. It is a highly addictive method that brings some benefits. For those with a weak stomach, this gets rid of the taste and most irritation that occurs. effects set in between 5 - 15 minutes.

Take care!

If you're not plugging it, it doesn't really matter how much watter you end up with, as long as it's not a whole gallon. A glass or even two is fine. Use more water, wash your filter residue, and you will get good yields.

Last edited:
edarrin said:
Codeine doesn't even constipate me anymore..

No shit =D

Same here. I am taking roughly about 400 - 600mgs of codeine a day, and all i notice is that it takes longer for the bowel movement to occur. but it will come. and when it's there, it comes out in one big *swoooosh* and i wish i had toilet paper with a local anasthetic like lidocaine handy or something, but yeah, it comes out allright ;) Just takes longer. After a while codeine lost it's power.
Stronger opies still plug me up allright.

johanneschimpo said:
^ Yeah. You can. codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone. It works for all of them.

But if you take oxy without APAP why would it matter?

Why to use in a nasal spray delivery system of course.. :)

no, because lorazepam is not water soluble, so are most benzodiazepines for that matter.

^ Well ativan is not appreciably water-soluble, so it wouldn't be the way you're used to it, but you could do an alcohol extraction on it (I don't know about the alcohol solubility of the rest of the pill contents).

But if this is for the same reason as the opiates, for a nasal spray, I must say its quite pointless. An ativan nasal spray would be no better than just taking the pills sublingually. They dissolve in less than a minute, kick in very fast, and have a very high bioavailability.

But you could extract the active drug from the pill, but keep in mind, your net result will be so damn small (ativan = 0.5, 1, or 2mg); good luck seeing it. ;)

johanneschimpo said:
^ Well ativan is not appreciably water-soluble, so it wouldn't be the way you're used to it, but you could do an alcohol extraction on it (I don't know about the alcohol solubility of the rest of the pill contents).

But if this is for the same reason as the opiates, for a nasal spray, I must say its quite pointless. An ativan nasal spray would be no better than just taking the pills sublingually. They dissolve in less than a minute, kick in very fast, and have a very high bioavailability.

But you could extract the active drug from the pill, but keep in mind, your net result will be so damn small (ativan = 0.5, 1, or 2mg); good luck seeing it. ;)

No not nasal, I was given a shot of it in the hospital yesterday, and it worked extremely fast (faster than sublingually), and would probably be the only drug I would consider IV'ing, but since extraction is not easy, Ill stay with sublingual.

may i ask how many pills you guys are using? i just used 18,(300 asa plus 8 mg codeine) so that would equal 144mg codeine? i used the method of crushing, letting it sit and dissolve well, and then filter through a good old tee shirt, then i drink the almost clear water.

People do it with anywhere from a few pills to dozens or even hundreds (hundreds if they're doing several doses at once for convenience).

Personally, I've done it with 64 pills before. It worked just as well.

johanneschimpo said:
People do it with anywhere from a few pills to dozens or even hundreds (hundreds if they're doing several doses at once for convenience).

Personally, I've done it with 64 pills before. It worked just as well.

ok, and how high did you feel? i don't find it lasts that long..with 18, that is.

^Codeine peaks about an hour in, then depending on how much youve had, just gradually fades over the next few hours.

I use hot water (hot tap, not quite full full heat), then drop ice in it till cool. .. I think this is quicker than using cold water cos the pills dissolve so much faster..

Also I use a cloth to filter, usually a tea-towel, And I just grab it in a bunch and squeeze the liquid out to speed up the filtration

For anyone that's interested, (And those that were talking about how getting it to almost icey was better)

BTW this only applies for ibuprofen CWEs... nurofen plus, etc

I once had a reference to a document with a graph for ibuprofen solubility in different temperature water... I dont have the original article. . .it can be found through google scholar somewhere just by searching for ibuprofen solibility temperature. . . or something like that

anyway,
The solubility per ml flattens out at about 10deg. C, going lower doesn't effect the amount of ibuprofen per ml according to this graph.

It's important to note that you need to keep the amount of water down, in order to reduce solubility too .. . I use about 50ml,

Also if you're desperate, and dont have the means to cool your solution, you can probably get away with it once every now and then without causing harm
- A 50ml room temperature solution can only hold something like 1g of ibuprofen which is the same as 5 nurofen plus pills. . . so if you are extracting any more than 5, even room temperature extraction is useful... depending on your room temperature of course. . . i used 25C when i worked it out from the graph.

bettyblue: Well, how high I felt is hard to answer. I wasn't really doing it to get high, but rather just to not feel sick. I was addicted to heroin at the time and visiting Europe. I took the codeine only not to withdrawal. ~500mg or whatever that is made me feel OK, not sick - but keep in mind I had a huge opiate tolerance at the time.

The first time I took any opiate it was codeine, and I don't remember if it was 60mg or 120mg... Either way, it was very intense. Keep in mind you lose a little bit of the codeine when you do a CWE.

johanneschimpo said:
bettyblue: Well, how high I felt is hard to answer. I wasn't really doing it to get high, but rather just to not feel sick. I was addicted to heroin at the time and visiting Europe. I took the codeine only not to withdrawal. ~500mg or whatever that is made me feel OK, not sick - but keep in mind I had a huge opiate tolerance at the time.

The first time I took any opiate it was codeine, and I don't remember if it was 60mg or 120mg... Either way, it was very intense. Keep in mind you lose a little bit of the codeine when you do a CWE.
gotcha, thanks guys <3