• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids chitosan and morphine

Hezman94

Bluelighter
supposedly if you combine chitosan and morphine it increases the bio to 54percent from ten.
Do you have to snort the chitosan or would swallowing it and be in your bloodstream do it
as I can get softgel capsules cheap and the powder is pricey as it in bulk and dont wanna waste money.

I'm not familiar with this, but this seems like exactly the sort of thing you should avoid if you wanna stabilise on your meds!

Chitosan is a polysaccharide and is sometimes used as a wound/burn dressing as well as a 'fat binder'. There seems to be some research into using it as for drug delivery but I don't see how it could improve bioavailability...
Where did you read that info?

I guess I was too fast with my answer, but I think you mixed up a few things.
Chitosan is used as excipient for intranasal administration of a morphine solution. I'm pretty sure it won't work orally and your increase in BA might be off.
Based on AUC values, absolute bioavailability of IN morphine with chitosan (compared with IV morphine) was found to be 82.3%, 74.9%, and 60.4% for doses of 7.5 mg, 15 mg, and 30 mg, respectively. Relative morphine bioavailability in the chitosan formulations compared with the IN formulation without chitosan was found to be 139.8%, 127.1%, and 102.5%, and compared with oral morphine sulfate was found to be 218.2%, 198.5%, and 160.1%, for the doses of 7.5 mg, 15 mg, and 30 mg, respectively. In the preliminary study, the bioavailability of the IN morphine-chitosan formulation, therefore, was higher than IN morphine without chitosan, or oral morphine, and trended downwards with increasing doses. AUC values were similar for morphine oral 15 mg, IN 15 mg, and IV 10 mg as illustrated in Figure 1.
And in the study they used morphine mesylate instead of the usual HCl or sulfate. Different counterions can change the pharmacokinetics.

Imo grinding up morphine pills, adding some chitosan and creating a solution for intranasal administration at home will most likely end up in a mess and won't help you, especially since the BA drops with increased morphine concentration..

There was a study infusing I believe 04% chitosan into intranasal doses vs placebos and the chitosan increased both BA and peak plasma concentration by QUITE A BIT. To the point people would pay me 10 bucks for a chitosan pill.....which I stopped as soon as I wasn't on a full binge cuz that's just harsh. Real bold statements http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/301/1/391

Hezman, if you want to lower your tolerance and stabilise, you should try and forget about this cooky scheme.
I'm exaggerating a bit here cos it's not as harmful, probably, but it's almost like the faulty logic of starting to IV your morphine, as the increase in BA will get you high off less...at first.
You're gonna end up pushing your tolerance up even more if this works. Then only IN morphine will work, then what?

I was just curious was gonna try i with just one ten mg but the duration will be shortened to a hour so no point for pain relief.
Same with plugging you feel it more but lose a hour.
I plugged 30!g with baking soda other week and it felt like 60mg maybe more but then I feell more shit.
I have stuck with oral doses and the extended. The extended deffp has legs to it and I do feel it better than w oxy release throughout the day but felt the oxy better straight away plus morphine I'm my opinionmbuilds up more than oxy.
The most I been taking is 20mg instant and then one with my extended tablets I get about five hours out of morphine and been making sure I don't do it under the four hour mark.
I go about ten hours without a instant but the extended release is working when I sleep.

I been taking peptac before my doses and I'm feeling my tablets more as I figured my stomach acid will be bad