• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cheating Bupe withdrawal

^I imagine you'll have to take it for a few days if you want to avoid the withdrawals as much as possible. 30mg is probably a bit much, I'd try to get down to maybe 10mg before dropping off altogether. I'd wait until you're feeling the w/d and then take only what you need to get by, and after a few days of this you should be fine to drop off completely...

FTR, snorting the bupe increases the absorption by nearly double and so your dose is actually higher than if you were just taking that amount sublingually...

@maddtime- Im kinda in the same boat. I was on methadone for 3 1/2 years, switched to suboxone and was on that for 2 years. About a year ago I got down to .5mg of the subs and tried going off of them. even at that minut of a dose the w/d just lasted forever. The only part that really bothered me was the restless legs at night. Aweful just aweful!(atleast for me) After about 2 1/2 weeks of no sleep bc of the restless legs I went out and used dope bc I had no subs left. I eventually couldnt take the w/d symptoms anymore and went back on the suboxone about 3 1/2 weeks of w/d's! I had no clue it was gonna be so drawn out! My doc had given me clonadine but just wouldnt give me valuim to help with the w/d's.
So about 6 months ago (maybe 8) I started taking morphine for my neck pain. I started taking while on suboxone and eventually stoped the subs and just take the morphine. (I dont get it from a doc, I buy someones script every month) Well its costing alot of money and pretty much the party is over and I just cant afford it anymore.
SO heres my dilema, I have suboxone, Im not sure if I even want to go back on the subs bc I know how horrible and drawn out the w/d is. I have about 2-3 weeks worth of morphine left before im completely out. I dont know if it would be easier to just w/d from the morphine. I obviously would taper down off it. or should I just go on the suboxone? I have no clue. How long would it take to w/d off the morphine? a week? the worst being the 3-4 days?
The question being would the w/d off of morphine be shorter than the subs?
I would much rather have a really bad w/d for like a week than a medium w/d for 3+ weeks.
I also would get some xanax to help with the w/d.
Does anyone have any advice they can give me. any input would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks!
~lmc
**I take anywhere from 90mg-180mg a day of morphine

^If you want to avoid drawn out withdrawals, you should avoid getting on bupe maintenance. You can use the bupe for a rapid taper or taper the morphine itself... Morphine is generally a pretty unpleasant opiate to come off so I would definitely consider the rapid detox with bupe.

The drawn out w/d is exactly why I really dont want to start taking the subs again. I have a large supply of them bc I would get 90 8mg a month but I only needed one or a half a day so I just stocked up on them. So I wouldnt be using a doc. and i deff know detoxing off the morphine isnt gonna be pleasent. Its a pretty strong opiet. Im not looking forward to it but it is what it is at this point. Im just tired of being dependant on a substance to feel normal and not be sick everyday. I dont use the morphine to get high. I just use it to feel normal and not be sick. I just want to live my life without being dependant on anything. Im prepared(mentally) to w/d.
How would I do a rapid detox? What mg would I start and then end with and how many days? Id rather do the rapid detox. sounds ideal to my situation and makes the most sense.

Here's what i did to get off bupe after being on it 4 years.. get down to ~1mg day (up to you how you do it) and then cold turkey it and suck it up with the w/d's.. they're really not that bad. Leg and back aches and pains and anxiety mostly, so a benzo would help with all those symptoms so stock up if possible (also clonidine or tizanidine help)..
So switch to bupe, lower to ~1mg/day total time on bupe 1-2 weeks, CT and don't start using the benzos and clonidine until withdrawals are really bad. That way you will feel relief when you take them and they will seem to help more.. i would say after a week or two you can stop the meds as w/d's will most likely be over. (unless you are one of the people where it lasts a long time, but i can't see that happening doing a fast taper.. so 1-2 weeks on bupe, stop at 1mg, w/d for 1-2 weeks supplementing with the other meds and you should be all set. So 2 weeks- 1 month total to get clean.
Good luck
%)

EDIT: i read your post after i posted like a dumbass (i thought i was answering a question in general, not someones specific delema) so some things i said wont work or dont apply to you.. sorry bro

Last edited:
yeah it would work to switch from bupe to you DOC to bupe in the time span suggested

Simply coming off suboxone or tapering off full opioids never worked for me. Sounds great in theory, but its very difficult to avoid the WD's.

If you want to get off subs, or lower your tolerance, I suggest not taking it for three or four days, until the WD's get real bad, then taking .4mg. You'll be amazed. The .4mg will actually get you euphoric and high, whereas three days before 4mg made you feel normal.

For getting clean, I suggest tramadol or loperamide.

If you get off of sub, for instance, at 3mg a day, take 60mg of loperamide the second day you are off of it. The withdrawals will dissappear and you might actually feel good. Then, take 2mg less every day. After 20 days, you will be taking 20mg every morning. Then switch to tramadol, which is very easily obtained.

Take 150mg the first five days, then 100mg for five days, then 50mg for five days, then 25mg for five days. Then 12.5mg for five days.

I did this after 3 years of suboxone use, two of those years taking 16mg a day, and I experienced almost no withdrawals. I felt depressed and anxious, but experienced almost no insomnia or rls.

Its the best method I had found.

Tapering all the way down with the loperamide works great too.

^I think kratom is probably easier obtained and more effective than tramadol for most, just for the record...

^ True. But Shmeagol found that kratom varies a lot in potency and effects.

Shmeagol sometimes found kratom euphoric, and other times found it gross and completely unable to induce any sort of mood lift.

I'd say if you're on bupe you're stuck with it. your addiction is telling you that it makes more sense to switch over. I agree it is more painless to do a taper on short-acting opiates if you have the discipline--oral ms contin tapers are near painless for me even after years of use, though the step to zero is always a big bad bastard. since you're on bupe and partly blocked, you might as well stick it out.

I know that this response is a little late in the game , but in regards to the original question I would do two things. Bring your bupe dose down way low. WAY LOW. Like 1-.5mg if you can stand basically as low as you can go without makng yourself miserable.

Then I would switch to the least invasive form of ingestion on your DOC and also that at a low dose. Start taking your heroin and smoking it and do just enough to feel something then stop. Keep up that pattern of using, but everyday reduce your dose. Everyday just step it down, if your will power is great enough.

Then as time goes on after about a month just get it to the point where you stop with the DOC b/c your ose is so small. You'll have slowly come to the point where you don't have to fuck around and you might even be able to get away with nothing, no crash sub course.

Make sure to have some Valium and Immodium and Tylenol and/or Motrin on hand you'll be fine.

^ True. But Shmeagol found that kratom varies a lot in potency and effects.

Shmeagol sometimes found kratom euphoric, and other times found it gross and completely unable to induce any sort of mood lift.

That can happen with certain strains... If you get ones that are more renowned, this is much less likely! Extracts work as well, but be careful not to get addicted. The addiction potential is why I usually recommend the leaves.

Another thing you can do is withdrawal from the bupe for a few days before taking your opiate of choice. If you can make it like 5 days without bupe you can switch to your opiate of choice and then take that for about 7-10 days. This way you wont have to be on it for that long, and can just quit relatively painlessly.

Either way suboxone withdrawal is a long process,, so it's worth a shot for anyone looking to quit.

I was turned on to MDPV a few days after jumping off Bupe at .25mg. For reasons I cannot explain, moderate amounts of MDPV quelled nearly every single WD symptom. I didn't even have any cramps or diarrhea. And actually felt good and functional.

It's not ideal, and doesn't sound logical, but it worked for me.

IMO switching to it doc to quit bupe prob about 1% success rate to stay clean long term...

Just dont sound good...

I'm sick of this opiate bull shit I'm gonna just take bupe forever fuck it I don't feel guilty taking a smidge of bupe everyday.... The real reality is it's hard as fucking shit to quit opiates once u have had a life threatening habit... This is all ofcourse my experience...

Also for me when I quit bupe b4 withdrawal didnt even kick in hard until 3-4 days after my last dose and wd lasted atleast 2 weeks Terrible... Not intense but u think it's never gonna end... 14 days after quitting u get the goose bumps and chills once and ur like fuck it's still there...

I'd say if u can get and stay off bupe for 30 days I'd looking pretty dam good...

Also I plan on stop taking buPe just for fun to withdrawal to get sick so I can feel that hell to heaven when I dose 1mg of bupe....

I know I'm very sick :;

I've tried this before, and I find it hard to do if your on maintenance and you have a million tabs or strips available. Even after a quick taper on bupe or methadone, you still don't feel that great, and you'd need a lot of will power to not give in and just go back to maintenance. In theory I feel like its a good Idea, but it never worked for me . I either just ended up staying on maintenance, or going back to my DOC.

^It's for people that are sick of "maintenance'. I had a shit load of suboxone tablets left after I quit. But after using a normal opiate to quit, I didn't have any withdrawal and felt way better then I did being on suboxone. So they just sat there.

Once you quit suboxone, you might as well take your extra pills and lock them up in a safe deposit box.

It wont work for everyone though, so if it doesn't work for you then that's just to bad I guess.

Ok so I don't know if anyone will read this or not but here's my story. I've been taking about 20-30mg of methadone a day and wanted to get off of it but the withdraws last forever and I couldn't do it. I decided that it would be best to start taking a low does of suboxone 1mg daily and then do a slow taper from there so I can jump off with a relitively painfree withdrawl. My plan is to cut my dose down 25% every 7 to 10 days and then just be done when I get down to .25mg. My goal is to permanently be done taking opiates. Does my plan seam sound?

I think part of the problem is bupe's getting stronger per mg the lower your dose goes. I would literally use volumetric dispersion to get down to 25-50mcgs if I were going to come off the bupe. I have severe back pain and am switching to MMT though. I've actually seen people get off methadone relatively painlessly (though with me the plan is if I can give the clinic 6 months of clean urines to show I'm stable they may be able to switch me to PM for methadone) by slowly going all the way to 1mg doses. That would be way less than 0.2 of bupe (which supposedly equals 10mgs of morphine due to it diminished rate of returns).